Remember this? 7-0 Us vs Hibs

delamonty

Great day

Got pished, got the train back to Embra, taxi down to Leith, walked into a pub usually full of Hibbys with my hands in the air and......nobody there!!

Probably just as well!

you get on supporters bus from edinburgh?? i used to get the john niven loyal bus

Remember it, but forgot that Durie got four. Bet he would swap a couple of those for one against the bheggars.

What a fuckin' bell end that ref was, even the Hibs player was having a go at him regarding the Gazza booking :wanker:

Posted this on another thread earlier today......Dougie Smith was the ref.....he was the store manager in the factory I served my time in. Believe me, he was NEVER allowed to forget this incident. I still play 5's with his boy and he's a bear funnily enough. If memory serves me right, he didn't get many more top flight matches after this incident.

Was a kid that day. Anyone remember the hibs fan lying with blood pouring out his head at the roundabout at the broomloan road roundabout ? That's one memory that I remember from that day. Many did jukebox get that day?

Gazza and Laudrup and 4 for Jukebox.

This is the one where Gazza gets booked for showing the ref a yellow card!

Happy day that day. I was there with my son who was 9 at the time. I had him wrapped up like the Michelin man but still got pelters when he came home like a frozen snotter. It was one of the coldest days I can remember.

The bloody referee was a joke reacting like that to Gazza.

My God can you imagine the wee ginger rodent's reaction if anything like that happened to one of his players?

Thanks for posting and have a rep on me!! :cheers:

i was at that game.

i compeltely missed the gazza incident though, i just remember everyone laughing, which quickly turned to a chorus of boos and my odl man told me what happened.

caught the highlights that night, i cant believe the ref booked him for that - unbelievable.

i remember an incident when an english ref extended his arm out for a foul in a Newcastle game and caught Robbie Savage flush in the face with his elbow, Alan Shearer came over trying to make light of the situation and asked the ref for his red card, the ref gave him it, and Shearer showed the ref a red for a laugh, the ref seen the funny side, as did the fans & once he was back on his feet, Robbie Savage.

Weren't there snow banks piled high where all the roads had been cleared? Probably would've been called off nowadays.

Rare glimpse of Slowleg Salenko - there was a signing who didn't live up to his promise!