How Do Chelsea Overcome Barcelona?

They have conceded the least amount of goals in the best league in the world and have one of the best defensive stats in the CL and their defence is poor ?

do you think Barca would be chelsea if they only had 7 players vs Chelseas 11?

lined up liek this:

-----------Valdez----------

------Pique------Puyol------

Alvez------------------------

------------------xavi---------

-------iniesta----------------

-----------------messi---------

They have conceded the least amount of goals in the best league in the world and have one of the best defensive stats in the CL and their defence is poor ?

They have good defensive stats because they hold the ball for so long that there's little time to attack them.

Man for man, that defence is far from impregnable.

They have good defensive stats because they hold the ball for so long that there's little time to attack them.

Man for man, that defence is far from impregnable.

The reason their defence is good now is because they hold onto the ball , a minute ago their defence was poor .

You are on form today .

Their defenders CAN hold onto the ball unlike others and they just happen to have some of the best defenders on the planet , thats why they are so good .

I wonder who you think has a good defence when you spin that shite about the Barca one ???

They don't , end of .............

The original post was discussing the best tactics to beat Barcelona and this is your reply? Pathetic. People like you make internet football forums unbearable at times.

The original post was discussing the best tactics to beat Barcelona and this is your reply? Pathetic. People like you make internet football forums unbearable at times.

You sad Madrid fanboy , it was an answer to a question , and if its unbearable , why make a stupid comment back ?

Admin should ban the use of the word fanboy!

I think Barca have looked a lot weaker this year, often they set up more akin to 343 than 433, although I know their set up has never been as part of a rigid system anyway. Their attacking talent far outweighs their defensive and Pep has been trying to fit Iniesta & Fabregas in to the lineup, which I can understand, but do think has seen them look a lot more vulnerable.

Chelsea do have big game players, and Drogba, if on form, troubles any defence. Not sure if 1st leg at the bridge suits Chelsea and anyway think Barca have too much for them. Think will be a scoring draw this week with Barca finishing the job at home.

In terms of the original question, how to beat them. Is easier in theory than practice as requires workrate, shape and discipline to pack the defence & midfield while also trying to put pressure on the Barca backline when they have the ball to frustrate Barca as they try to build moves and in trying to drag them wide etc when Chelsea attack...which also must be done at pace.

Barcas defence is pretty poor and they won't be able to handle big bad Drogba , Terry and Cahill !!!

Some very very talented footballers you're dismissing here. You're such a Barca bum boy it's crazy.

At the end of the day Barca will play 11 men and Chelsea will play 11 men, not fucking superheroes that cannot be defeated ffs.

It's not unthinkable that Chelsea could go through, they were pretty fucking close that other time if it wasn't for pish poor referees...

Imagine calling someone a sad "insert La Liga team" fanboy when you're sasaaaa... :lol:

the hilarious part was the guy didnt even say a thing about madrid. sasssaaaaa probably thinks "madrid fanboy" is the ultimate insult :lol:

The interesting thing about Di Matteo (stolen from Zonal Marking) is that he now has Chelsea defending with two banks of four, like they traditionally did with Mourinho. The fact is Messi is totally ineffective when playing against a double pivot in the midfield, because he has to come far too deep to get the ball to be able to do anything with it.

It's going to be a very interesting game, and I wouldn't like to call it either way.

Well Sasaaa has done his level best to ruin this thread I see with the usual “barca are unbeatable end of…don’t dare try to debate it’ stance.

You wonder why people like this log onto a football forum in the first place when they start frothing at the mouth when others try to have a sensible debate.

Yes Barca are the stronger team but as has been seen this season, they are very much beatable and shaky at the back…they don’t face strikers like Drogba often do they…a player who has cause that same defense many problems over his time at Chelsea.

You sad Madrid fanboy , it was an answer to a question , and if its unbearable , why make a stupid comment back ?

Just had to express my feelings. I love discussing football and the online space is in theory a good place to do this but people who are childish and single minded end up killing most enjoyable discussions!

The reason their defence is good now is because they hold onto the ball , a minute ago their defence was poor .

You are on form today .

Their defenders CAN hold onto the ball unlike others and they just happen to have some of the best defenders on the planet , thats why they are so good .

I wonder who you think has a good defence when you spin that shite about the Barca one ???

I didn't say their defence was good - I said they have good stats.

play boswinga at left back like we did at nou camp so when messi comes inside its on boswingas stronger foot

cech

ivanovic romeu terry boswinga

luiz ramires lampard

mata

torres drogba

do realise this is never going to happen but its what i would do!