Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid

Ricky_

What a mouthwatering tie tonight.

1st leg of the 1st semi final, to be played at the Allianz Arena, where the CL final will be held. Bayern have the added incentive of competing for big ears on home turf if they can overcome Mourinho, Ronaldo & Co.

on another note, Howard Webb will take charge tonight, who imo is the most overated ref around right now. Seen him make alot of honkers, but admittedly i thought he & his linesman had a great world cup in 2010.

Going into this game, Madrid have to be the favourites going by recent form.

Bayern seem to have run out of steam in their domestic challenge, when they fell to a 1-0 defeat in a top of the table clash with Dortmund, followed up on Saturday with a 0-0 draw with Mainz, sees them trail Dortmund by 8 points.

Madrid on the other hand are on a 20 match unbeaten run and scoring goals for fun. Keeping a clean sheet is somewhat of a different story for Los blancos however, who have conceeded in 14 of those 20 games.

How do you see it going tonight?

imo, its a matchup where fire-power will outgun defence. I expect to see goals, from both sides, with the attacking talent on show.

i'll go with 3-1 madrid.

i'll rep anyone who can guess tonights scoreline correctly.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Munich rested players at the weekend because the bundesliga is more or less over. Dortmund only need a win this weekend and its theirs.

Madrid are dodgy at the back and players like Robben and Ribery will try draw fouls from Pepe and Ramos. That said, hopefully there should be plenty of action.

Should be a cracking game, great attacking talent on show.

Bayern will be focusing entirely on CL from now on, while Madrid, obviously, don't have that luxury. Would still make Madrid favourites over the two legs, but not so sure they will come away with the win tonight in Germany.

Madrid have looked a little shaky recently...while also showing a bit of resilience. I know that is a bit contradictory but I mean they had a wobble against Atleti and again against Gijon at the weekend but won both comfortably (in terms of scoreline anyway) in the end. Not so sure they could get away with it, if they show signs of weakness to Bayern though.

Anyway despite my talking up a great game, and the undoubted attacking threats of both teams, I'll take a rep off you later on Ricky after a dull nil all ha!