Rangers fans groups - less is best

CanadianBacon

There's not enough jackets and ties to go round.

I see where you're heading with that one Boss - and no - that wasn't my line of thinking. :rolleyes:

I think we've gone past saturation point and a cull of some groups is required.

It muddy's the water (a great blues chanter by the way). :sherlock:

One group is the only way it should be.

Every group that is listed by young CB, has it's own different aims.

None are in contention with each other, so surely all can operate under one umbrella?

Do you really believe that is possible,Darche'? Sometimes I think we have people at the forefront of our "supporters groups" who, intentionally or unintentionally, highlight their ego more than the matters that are important to the "no group" Rangers supporter.

I would love to see EVERY fan group pulling in the same direction,but it's never something we have been noted for....perhaps this time,it might just work if the ego trips are left in the dustbin.

Are we in danger of splintering the support further with new 'fans' groups appearing every other week?

The RST, The RSA, The Association, savetherangers, RFFF, RFWG and now Rangers Unite, etc and so on.

Is it any wonder the majority are confused?

Said the very same thing on another topic, people moan bout spl/sfa and sfl being there should be one body only. Alas will never work as I can remember back in the day Jimmy Clements ruled the roost.

Egos do come into play. And as someone who has no need for an ego any more I would be the perfect choice for a tyrant oops spokesman for the fans

Do you really believe that is possible,Darche'? Sometimes I think we have people at the forefront of our "supporters groups" who, intentionally or unintentionally, highlight their ego more than the matters that are important to the "no group" Rangers supporter.

I would love to see EVERY fan group pulling in the same direction,but it's never something we have been noted for....perhaps this time,it might just work if the ego trips are left in the dustbin.

Post #13 will clear this up00000042.gif

I really do believe it. Every group there does its own thing, in its own way. If there are ego's, preventing a group joining with all the rest, then that group gets left behind.

Some people forget a phrase our fellow supporters use all too often, 'No Surrender'. A lot of the posts on this forum, regarding a united support, all groups under one umbrella, fan ownership, are too negative and defeatist.

'It won't work, so why try' - seems to be the message from a lot of people within the online community. Not exactly a 'No Surrender' attitude is it.

The club is on the brink, yet we're still bitching between the ranks. What exactly would it take? Liquidation? That could be too late.

I really do believe it. Every group there does its own thing, in its own way. If there are ego's, preventing a group joining with all the rest, then that group gets left behind.

Some people forget a phrase our fellow supporters use all too often, 'No Surrender'. A lot of the posts on this forum, regarding a united support, all groups under one umbrella, fan ownership, are too negative and defeatist.

'It won't work, so why try' - seems to be the message from a lot of people within the online community. Not exactly a 'No Surrender' attitude is it.

The club is on the brink, yet we're still bitching between the ranks. What exactly would it take? Liquidation? That could be too late.

Some (me) are merely asking if we're saturated with fans groups.

No Surrender, by-the-way! :sherlock:

It's hard to be overly critical of the fans groups as there's a lot more to running one effectively than a lot of people think. It takes money and, more importantly, it takes lots of time and commitment. Not that that should preclude valid (and constructive) criticism of course.

I also feel that creating a new one isn't the right way to go.

On the other hand, I would argue the existing ones don't do a great job. As a season ticket holder, a share-holder (lapsed RST member) and a non-RSC member, I certainly don't feel represented by any despite the Assembly claiming they act on my behalf. Thus, I'd certainly like to see any new owner revisit what is possible in terms of improvement.

In essence the idea of the Assembly as the umbrella works fine but I don't think we need an Association anymore. I do agree in having a Trust as an independent viewpoint is necessary - as is creating shareholders. The working group has done pretty well but that shouldn't be needed and the fact it is tells us the Assembly has failed to a degree.

Any new owner should create a suitable group of neutrals to see how we can streamline our groups and make them more attractive to all. Give them a finite period to report back and take the positive actions required to sort this issue for once and for all.

Are we in danger of splintering the support further with new 'fans' groups appearing every other week?

The RST, The RSA, The Association, savetherangers, RFFF, RFWG and now Rangers Unite, etc and so on.

Is it any wonder the majority are confused?

Ye forgot the UB's and TBO. I say we all unite as one under MD. :rolleyes:

But would that not defeat the united front? Although I happen to believe that egos' would be the biggest drawback as regards unity. Only way would be for members of said groups, to realise this and vote out those with this problem for the greater good of our club.

That's exactly correct,and it makes me wonder just what will it take for these differing groups to see a bit of sense and unity, for the good of our club. It seems to me (from afar) that we have plenty of the "No Surrender" mantra flying about, but it's "No Surrender" (under my banner) that is the meaning at times.

Some (me) are merely asking if we're saturated with fans groups.

No Surrender, by-the-way! :sherlock:

:lol: 100% saturated. Why? Because neither the Assembly or Association do enough for the whole support. So you get the spin offs, in the Working Group, RST.

Assembly, Association, RST and Working Group, all merge to become - Rangers *something* Group.

Simples.