Brian Kennedy latest bid is not acceptable

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Movement on Miller Ind stock picked up pretty rapidly around the second and third weeks of admin. By my (rough) counts, Miller and Miller II shipped around $5m in stock options over a three week period, and that doesn't include sales to outside parties. Considering Miller Ind is thought to be a pretty safe buy atm, and has rebounded well coming out the recession, leaves a few lingering questions.

could it not just be him freeing up some funds for his bid? Speculate to accumulate.

I doubt verbal offers are capable of acceptance in administration. It could mean many things, from it's verbal and therefore not something we can legal accept (the literal interpretation) to, the bid is nowhere near good enough.

Who knows, you can drive tractors through the administrators comments to the fans.

Correct, anybody knows you cannot put in a verbal offer and expect it to be accepted ffs. What is Kennedy up to ?

Rangers: Administrators say Brian Kennedy verbal offer is invalid

Rangers' administrators Duff & Phelps say Brian Kennedy's revised verbal offer to take control of the club "would not be capable of acceptance".

A Duff & Phelps spokesman said: "We are surprised by the coverage surrounding a revised bid by Brian Kennedy.

"We have not received a written revised offer and [have] informed Mr Kennedy."

The Sale Sharks owner, who had an earlier bid rejected , said on Wednesday he had made an "improved offer" after holding informal talks with the firm.

He had previously indicated he would not return to the bidding process whilst Paul Murray's group remained in the frame.

However, Murray's Blue Knights have stepped back from the process as two other bids remain on the table .

These are from American Bill Miller and a Singapore group led by Bill Ng.

The Blue Knights, with Ticketus as a partner, had appeared to be the front-runner to take the club over and they had hoped to be named as preferred bidder on Friday.

They were asked to provide a £500,000 non-refundable deposit for exclusivity and Murray told BBC Scotland that Ticketus was not prepared to provide this cash for the administrators.

And he added it had become clear Ticketus had agreed a "substantially" better deal with Ng's group of investors.

Ng denied any such deal had been reached with the firm that financed Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers last year, but he remained hopeful that his bid would win.

A spokesman for Ticketus, who have rights to £27m of season ticket revenue at Rangers' Ibrox Stadium for the next three seasons, told the Press Association: "Despite some reports we have been talking to Paul Murray by phone on and off since Monday, we are still talking about a possible joint bid.

"We are also still in discussion with the Singaporean bidders." Both Murray and Ng wish to attempt an exit from administration by way of a company voluntary arrangement, while it is understood Miller's preference is for Rangers to emerge as a "newco" through liquidation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17683898

Full story up now.

Contradictions again

His media man, Dave Swanton, told me the offer was written not verbal.

Not for the first time, we have contradictions:

Rangers' administrators Duff & Phelps say Brian Kennedy's revised verbal offer to take control of the club "would not be capable of acceptance".

A Duff & Phelps spokesman said: "We are surprised by the coverage surrounding a revised bid by Brian Kennedy.

"We have not received a written revised offer and [have] informed Mr Kennedy."

The Sale Sharks owner, who had an earlier bid rejected , said on Wednesday he had made an "improved offer" after holding informal talks with the firm.

just heard Bill Ng has left as well. Anyone else hear this?

It sounds like both ticketus and whyte are basically fucking us around and stopping any chance of a decent bid from progressing.

Both are scum of the highest order, if someone firebombed ticketus's headquarters I would be a happy man

It sounds like both ticketus and whyte are basically fucking us around and stopping any chance of a decent bid from progressing.

Both are scum of the highest order, if someone firebombed ticketus's headquarters I would be a happy man

ticketus can't afford liquidation. ng and whyte were the ones fucking about.

Is anyone actually fooled by this "reluctant bidder" nonsense?

If his sole aim is to ensure the safety of the club he'd be a Blue Knight.

Seems to me like he's the type who gives to charity just so people can pat him on the back and say "well done". He wants all the glory for himself, or none at all. That doesnt sound like someone who wants us to survive liquidation no matter what the circumstances.

Hey, i dont care if means we can get back on a sound financial footing but less of the bullshit. People dont button up the back.

At this point I honestly would not be surprised if it turned out Duff and Phelps were actually genetic clones of Craig Whyte and ticketus was run by his best mate and it was all a plan to gain more control over rangers.

It's just insane, so much shady dealings from every single fucking person involved. Not one person has a clear conscience who has been involved with this one way or another.