Brian Kennedy latest bid is not acceptable

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again we are suffering from a total lack of clarity from all parties. Some a bit more vague than others. Unsubstantiated rumours on here don't help nor does conjecture if it is made to look factual. There is far too much dubiety in almost every statement from every party or at least that is how it appears to the majority.

Don't think it could be summed up better.

Has Bill Ng actually withdrawn his bid? Is it official? D & P haven't said that in their latest statement.

Has Bill Miller actually confirmed that liquidation is his preferred option? I certainly haven't read that anywhere and in fact I thought I could recollect that he said something totally different a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I have missed something.

TBK backed off when the Singaporean bid looked favourite after Ticketus tried to negotiate a better deal with Bill Ng. It was nothing to do with £500k non-refundable deposit (which was apparently reduced to £250k) as TBK said the consortium had agreed they would pay that themselves. The payment of the deposit was not the sticking point it was when TBK found out that Ticketus/Ng was a better bid. TBK bid is still valid if D & P wish to accept it.

Brian Kennedy stated that he had discussions with D & P and has also stated that he upped his offer but it looks like D & P are saying they can't accept it. The reason is unclear but it looks as if it is because it is only verbal. D & P could have been clearer with their latest statement on that issue. If it is simply because the offer isn't in writing then D & P should say that.

Now according to D & P, all the bids are conditional in one way or another. If D & P cannot (note I don't mean prefer not) accept conditional bids then they should state that. Make it totally clear and set a deadline of Sunday night for final bids with an assurance that one bidder will be named as Preferred Bidder on Monday morning. D & P have had sufficient time to evaluate all bids and it is highly unlikely that any bid will be drastically changed. All that should be required is a bit of "tweaking".

There is now speculation that possible football sanctions may be part of the reason for the delay or conditional sections of bids. If that is correct then it is time for the bidders to take a chance, make a decision and we will take it from there in the future. The SFA and SPL can wait until another day.

The fans, shareholders and creditors all deserve a swift resolution to the current impasse which has been allowed to drag on for an unacceptably long time. Further procrastination is not an option.

I think if you take all the newspaper stories over the last few months I doubt there would be a grain of truth in any of them ... unfortuntaely it's all about selling newspapers and that means what you don't know you make up :anguish:

Fancy the beeb to have a few facts re: Miller in the morning. 10310.gif

Fuck this :anguish: Another morning....another drama :mad:

B.K made a "verbal" bid????????????? what the fuck does he thinks this is, a League of Gentlemen doh

"Excuse me old bean! I want to up my bid please, so to save all the legal work, I'll just make a Gentlemans agreement on buying Rangers and we will do the old trusty handshake on it, ok? ...I've really got the money and I've watched Rangers a few times in the past, so you can trust me to do the right thing by the club" :rolleyes:

It's a deal...right? :pipe:

B.K made a "verbal" bid????????????? what the fuck does he thinks this is, a League of Gentlemen doh

"Excuse me old bean! I want to up my bid please, so to save all the legal work, I'll just make a Gentlemans agreement on buying Rangers and we will do the old trusty handshake on it, ok? ...I've really got the money and I've watched Rangers a few times in the past, so you can trust me to do the right thing by the club" :rolleyes:

Wanted to post my own comments but could not have said it better............

I', in I'm oot........ now a 'verbal offer'.... Taxi for Kennedy

Perhaps a 1961 Lincoln Continental four-door convertible? 10310.gif

Spits on hand and offers shake to D&P.

I find it amazing that a businessman such as Kennedy would make "a verbal offer" when the whole country is watching what he does.

Either he is a fucking idiout, or D&P are liars.....whichever it is, they are not doing us any favours with this story.