Miller bid thread

Shane

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill Miller is all talk? That's the thing he's done least of.

We don't know what he's been doing apart from one or two interviews.

Thats a very worthwhile point. He who shouts loudest isn't always correct (tu)

No problem mate. Sounds interesting. A lot of money you quoted, you think majority of it is to go towards Rangers?

Can't speculate on the sums there. Trying not to cross bridges that haven't been laid out for me. But the numbers are solid, and the info passed along promising.

Can't speculate on the sums there. Trying not to cross bridges that haven't been laid out for me. But the numbers are solid, and the info passed along promising.

Well if what your saying is true, and I don't doubt that your wrong or lying, then Miller seems to be the biggest fish in this pond by a good bit. From what we know, I imagine from an administrators point of view his bid is the best, certainly in regards to funds.

But these "conditions" that D+P are talking about is the only thing that I can think of off the top of my head that could weaken his bid.

Then from a fans point of view over the uncertainty (Gunslinger :rolleyes: ) over liquidation/CVA.

Forgot about that actually, that's true (tu)

ALLY McCOIST confirmed that he has spoken with American bidder Bill Miller this week and was impressed following the conversation.

McCoist was speaking after his side beat St Mirren 3-1, a match in which the supporters at Ibrox showed their views on liquidation with a red-card display.

The Rangers boss admits he understands where the club's supporters are coming from and remains encouraged that a CVA can be achieved.

He said: "I can totally understand where the fans are coming from because it's the feeling of certainly the vast majority of fans and indeed everybody within the football club.

"I think there is still encouragement to be taken from the fact that there is a distinct possibility that we can come out of administration through a CVA.

"That is, as you saw today, what nearly everybody wants and that's still got a good chance, although there is still obviously the threat of liquidation which would certainly not be the desired option of the majority of Rangers fans.

"I spoke to Bill Miller last night for the best part of an hour which was very encouraging.

"I got the feeling that he obviously wants what is best for the club, which is the most important thing.

"I had a good chat with him and he asked me one or two questions about the club and the next obvious step would be that we meet.

"I think that would be the case if the administrators give him preferred status, and I could certainly fly over to the States.

"He also said there is still the possibility of a CVA which he would prefer, but he is aware of the fact that liquidation might be a route.

"But there is no way that he told me that liquidation was the route that he wanted to go down.

"He was extremely enthusiastic and extremely positive in what he wants to do and what hopes and plans and ideas he has for the club moving forward.

"It's difficult when you haven't met somebody, but having spoken to Bill at great length I would have to say I was very impressed, so if and when the time comes I would look forward to meeting him."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2726868

Went and found the article in case anybody wanted a read. Its from the official website so legit (tu)

I have a feeling that I have missed out on news or is this thread just speculation

Matt Slater on Twitter apparently.

Also did someone on here not earlier in the day claim Traynor said that Miller was the preferred bidder? (tu)

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2726868

Went and found the article in case anybody wanted a read. Its from the official website so legit (tu)

Bold parts are interesting. I will admit there seems to be some level of doubt regarding a CVA in McCoist's quotes IMO.

But, again I doubt Miller would lie to Ally about it. Might be reading too much into it.

Don't think admin would announce a PB over the weekend so tomorrow would be the last day for the "this week" deadline. However, the statement earlier today about the "conditions" needing to be sorted out suggests to me the bids still aren't complete. I suppose they could still announce PB and give them time to fix them? Or they could have changed and completed their bids by tomorrow?

Sceptical whether we will hear something though, hope we do!