Where we are...

Frankie

Off to work now, no Internet till 6pm, gonna be a long day and I will be a nightmare at work, lot of people just humour me when I start taking about what's happening. So Good Luck guys I think thus may be a case of the tortoise and the hare but I quite like bunnies!?! rolleyes.gif

If it was regarded as a paltry amount, one of them would have taken the gamble. They're obviously not in your league, so why don't you throw your hat into the ring?

Always thought of you being on the ball tongue.gif cast your mind back a few days when we had this same point form you. I said in the overall scheme of things the 500k is not a major hold up against the sums involved.

It is obviously the conditions that they have attached to their offers that are holding them back for paying this paltry amount. And I did say if I had the money I would have paid. You came back saying ....yet you (me) did not pay a smaller amount of non refundable investment on a site in Edinburgh I was bidding for. That was my decision as I felt it did not warrant that, it was in Liquidation and was a building not a business.

It's not a gamble , if they are successful they get their investment back of the gross bid. If not well they have helped the club re running costs.smile.gif

There have been rumours throughout that Miller will look towards a hybrid version of liquidation involving the removal of certain assets.

I emphasise these are only rumours so, as with all bids, we simply don't know what his real intentions are.

D&P specifically mentioned that type of exits during the indicative bids stage, the first one, as opposed to now!

They sure did but they'd have been looking to cater for (and thus invite) all kinds of bids.

No, they actually stated that one of the received bids had this as their planned route out. Of course, it may not have been any of those remaining.

No, they actually stated that one of the received bids had this as their planned route out. Of course, it may not have been any of those remaining.

Sorry, I thought they mentioned the pre-pack stuff before the indicative bids were made.

FWIW, I'm sure that although most bidders will prefer no liquidations, they will have a range of plans for a variety of different scenarios.

For example, as I've said before, it still wouldn't surprise me to see Ticketus launch their own bid if they can't agree a deal with anyone else.

Let's have a sober look at the facts, instead of posting laughably one-sided, hypocritical and ill-informed titbits:

1. No bidder has walked away.

One or two may use this as a deliberate strategy to try and force the hand of another party but all bidders remain interested and active. All will be aiming their genuine 'final' bids for day +15 after the PB is named.

2. Exclusivity fee.

All bidders can afford to pay this. They've, so far, deliberately refused not to because the fee is excessive, non-refundable and apparently non-deductible. Paying £500K offers next to no advantage when D&P have shown they will consider late (written) bids.

3. Funding.

All bidders have money but only one is funding their bid via a secured loan from Ticketus (TBK). Of the others, one appears to be self-funded (A-P), one may be based on selling assets (Miller) and the other we don't know anything about (Kennedy).

4. Delays.

It's is laughable to accuse any one party of dithering. All parties have contributed to the unacceptable situation we're in. From contradictory admin statements, to bidders playing poker, to Ticketus playing the field; all are delaying out of self-interest.

5. Conclusion.

The situation is relatively simple. No buyer wants to pay the exclusivity fee because this does not guarantee enough of an advantage to make a sale competition probable. Add in the fact Craig Whyte's shareholding has not been delivered and Ticketus change their mind on a daily basis then it's no wonder all bidders are frustrated. However, time is now their enemy and they (and we) must consider accepting a few negatives for the greater good.

It's a real shame some people want to put their own agenda ahead of the very fact our club is sleep-walking to the edge of oblivion. I hope this post helps everyone realise where we are in a balanced, neutral fashion.

It's all to play for and anything can and will happen.

a fair analysis

I haven't even bothered taking part on the "debates" on here on this subject as they are dominated by people who are wittering fuds at the best of the time who don't know there arse from there elbow, when they have an agenda to push there stream of bullshit is even less interesting to read.

I am not keen on paul murray, i don't trust him he has been underhand in the past and is currently being so again. His brinkmanship and media games are irritating at a time we want clarity. all that being said if he can save the club from liquidation, a big if i know, he has my backing in that task if , and again a big if, he is the only realistic option.

The other three have just not produced the goods so far i'm said to say. There are reasons i'm sure but now is the time to do so.

All four parties involved are you showing you why they have accumalated wealth in there life, they don't care we suffering here they want to get the best deal for themselves.

Sorry, I thought they mentioned the pre-pack stuff before the indicative bids were made.

FWIW, I'm sure that although most bidders will prefer no liquidations, they will have a range of plans for a variety of different scenarios.

For example, as I've said before, it still wouldn't surprise me to see Ticketus launch their own bid if they can't agree a deal with anyone else.

I would have dug out the quote, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

If no decision is made soon, Ticketus will have nothing to bid on.

I would have dug out the quote, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

If no decision is made soon, Ticketus will have nothing to bid on.

No probs mate - I'll take your word on it. It's a confusing situation and I'm sure I've got plenty wrong... :)

Let's have a sober look at the facts, instead of posting laughably one-sided, hypocritical and ill-informed titbits:

1. No bidder has walked away.

One or two may use this as a deliberate strategy to try and force the hand of another party but all bidders remain interested and active. All will be aiming their genuine 'final' bids for day +15 after the PB is named.

2. Exclusivity fee.

All bidders can afford to pay this. They've, so far, deliberately refused not to because the fee is excessive, non-refundable and apparently non-deductible. Paying £500K offers next to no advantage when D&P have shown they will consider late (written) bids.

3. Funding.

All bidders have money but only one is funding their bid via a secured loan from Ticketus (TBK). Of the others, one appears to be self-funded (A-P), one may be based on selling assets (Miller) and the other we don't know anything about (Kennedy).

4. Delays.

It's is laughable to accuse any one party of dithering. All parties have contributed to the unacceptable situation we're in. From contradictory admin statements, to bidders playing poker, to Ticketus playing the field; all are delaying out of self-interest.

5. Conclusion.

The situation is relatively simple. No buyer wants to pay the exclusivity fee because this does not guarantee enough of an advantage to make a sale competition probable. Add in the fact Craig Whyte's shareholding has not been delivered and Ticketus change their mind on a daily basis then it's no wonder all bidders are frustrated. However, time is now their enemy and they (and we) must consider accepting a few negatives for the greater good.

It's a real shame some people want to put their own agenda ahead of the very fact our club is sleep-walking to the edge of oblivion. I hope this post helps everyone realise where we are in a balanced, neutral fashion.

It's all to play for and anything can and will happen.

It is obviously the conditions attached to each bid that is causing the problems/delays. Administrators would have been praying for a bid with no conditions.

All four parties involved are you showing you why they have accumalated wealth in there life, they don't care we suffering here they want to get the best deal for themselves.

I don't disagree with that.

However, I do believe most (if not all) are in this for the right reasons. Yes, they understandably want the best deal but that doesn't mean that won't benefit the club as much as (or even more than) them.

There is no doubt though that there is a fine line between well-meaning bluffs & smoke and mirrors.

It is obviously the conditions attached to each bid that is causing the problems/delays. Administrators would have been praying for a bid with no conditions.

I'd fancy some of the conditions will be worthy ones though. Especially when it comes to the likes of Whyte.

I don't disagree with that.

However, I do believe most (if not all) are in this for the right reasons. Yes, they understandably want the best deal but that doesn't mean that won't benefit the club as much as (or even more than) them.

There is no doubt though that there is a fine line between well-meaning bluffs & smoke and mirrors.

Yep

We are all just weary of the games.

People carrying the media games onto mb's is even more tiresome.

There's conditions and conditions though.

If the bidders have put conditions on that, for instance, says they can bail out if the tax case goes against us heavily, or the SPL punish us too hard, then what use are those bids ?

I use the above as an example to illustrate my point. There may be many factors the conditions could revolve around.

If the admins accepted such a bid and next week HMRC win their case, the bidders pull out and there's no time for anything but liquidation.

We've heard of how TBK have put their bid and are just awaiting the nod from the admins.

Yet another half truth. At first reading this implies it is the admins holding it back ands further implies for their own good.

Looked at from another angle the TBK bid may contain unacceptable conditions which the admins won't wear.

I'm not saying any of this is the case, but since we don't know, it doesn't make sense to mindlessly blame the admins until we know both sides of the story.

The pressure being put on them to just accept a bid and get on with it might just kill our club.

a fair analysis

I haven't even bothered taking part on the "debates" on here on this subject as they are dominated by people who are wittering fuds at the best of the time who don't know there arse from there elbow, when they have an agenda to push there stream of bullshit is even less interesting to read.

I am not keen on paul murray, i don't trust him he has been underhand in the past and is currently being so again. His brinkmanship and media games are irritating at a time we want clarity. all that being said if he can save the club from liquidation, a big if i know, he has my backing in that task if , and again a big if, he is the only realistic option.

The other three have just not produced the goods so far i'm said to say. There are reasons i'm sure but now is the time to do so.

Your last line sums up all the bidders perfectly.They are businessmen fullstop, looking for a return not Andrew Carnegie.

Good post Frankie, thx for sharing.

I have a couple of questions who is looking after the club if bidders are putting their own conditions on contracts?

I wouldn't like to think we've fought so hard for our club only to have a new owner bail on us if he doesn't like the outcome of the tax case.

The thought of a ticketus/white bid sends shivers down my spine, could this be possible one has shares and the other has the ticket deal?

Whats to stop Ticketus putting in their OWN bid??

or, is this idea crazy......

I've wondered about that for a while too. I guess it may be harmful for their business which obviously deals with a lot of clubs in the UK. Maybe a conflict of interest if clubs looking to "borrow" money from a company that owns a competing club. I think there's a differnce between attaching yourself to a bidder to try to safeguard the initial investment they made, and bidding in their own right to become owners of the club.