BBC Scotland

bluechip

I complained to BBC SCOTLAND about remarks made by presenter Richard Gordon while interviewing outgoing Hamilton Chairman, in which Richard Gordon compared the plight of The Rangers Football Club to a terminal illness. Here is the BBC SCOTLAND reply.

Reference CAS-1401437-F2BC1C

Thank you for your correspondence regarding BBC Radio Scotland's 'Sportsound', broadcast on 14 April 2012.

Your comments were passed to the Editor of 'Sportsound', who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for your comments regarding Richard Gordon’s interview with Ronnie MacDonald on Sportsound, broadcast on Saturday, 14th April.

I’m sorry you were unhappy with the comments made on the programme.

As you know, this was at the end of an interview with the outgoing Hamilton chairman. The transcript reads:

Richard Gordon: "So what happens for you now Ronnie, do you move and start elsewhere with another club, what do you..."

Ronnie MacDonald: "I've had a lot of theories this week; I've had everything from terminal illness to taking over Rangers."

Richard: “Which of the two would you prefer?”

This was intended to be a light hearted remark but, having spoken to Richard Gordon, he accepts that it may have caused offence to those who have relatives in such a state and regrets the comment, which was made in a live broadcast.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.”

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

I'd like to assure you that I’ve registered your concerns about this matter on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Neil Carnduff

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

I sense Aberdeen fan's Gordon's remarks have been swept under a very large carpet.

I complained to BBC SCOTLAND about remarks made by presenter Richard Gordon while interviewing outgoing Hamilton Chairman, in which Richard Gordon compared the plight of The Rangers Football Club to a terminal illness. Here is the BBC SCOTLAND reply.

Thank you for your correspondence regarding BBC Radio Scotland's 'Sportsound', broadcast on 14 April 2012.

Your comments were passed to the Editor of 'Sportsound', who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for your comments regarding Richard Gordon’s interview with Ronnie MacDonald on Sportsound, broadcast on Saturday, 14th April.

As you know, this was at the end of an interview with the outgoing Hamilton chairman. The transcript reads:

Richard Gordon: "So what happens for you now Ronnie, do you move and start elsewhere with another club, what do you..."

Ronnie MacDonald: "I've had a lot of theories this week; I've had everything from terminal illness to taking over Rangers."

This was intended to be a light hearted remark but, having spoken to Richard Gordon, he accepts that it may have caused offence to those who have relatives in such a state and regrets the comment, which was made in a live broadcast.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

I'd like to assure you that I’ve registered your concerns about this matter on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that's made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, programme makers, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Kind Regards

Neil Carnduff

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

I sense Aberdeen fan's Gordon's remarks have been swept under a very large carpet.

Not even an apology from Gordon, just regrets saying it :wanker:

bunch of sensetive wee souls..... :lol:

The world must be a hard place for you guys to live in with all these people making such nasty comments.....

Uh huh.

I'll bet few were offended - I'l further bet that the annoyance factor is Gordon having previously been a sanctimonious arse regarding songs and chants from our support. Aye, the voice on the radio and tv who is another faux sensitive soul.

The BBC - flying their double standards high - that's what get's up people's noses.

Kind Regards

Neil Carnduff

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Got an identical email

The world must be a hard place for you guys to live in with all these people making such nasty comments.....

Nothing wrong with being sensitive when you've lost a loved one to a terminal illness.

Email them back saying you want an apology, not someone saying 'they regret' saying it

I have sent reply to the real BBC and not BBC SCOTLAND. In response to General Carthorse Lee, have you ever lost anybody with a terminal illness? I hope to God you never do. You are even more insensitive than Richard Gordon. In fact your are an A*******E.

You back ?

with contributions like this you can see why everyone was asking where you were..... :craphead:

Been away doing more important things than conversing with wankers like you thankfully.

Your comments on this are as bad as Gordon's.

Duly fucking noted arsehole.

Its more the lack of professionalism in this particular case with this cretin that pisses me off, personally.

But aye, troll away...

Its more the lack of professionalism in this particular case with this cretin that pisses me off, personally.

Fair enough, the mock offence is another debate all together.

If that actually gets you annoyed in life though i suggest you take up meditation or something. Life has far bigger issues... :)

since when did relatives dying make you a sanctimonious cunt....?

I know plenty of people that have died and have so far managed to avoid that.....

Tut tut Cartman, you would never dream of saying that to my face, or to any of the other bears you have just offended. You hide behind your keyboard and seem to use this forum as a platform for your sick little mind games. Your day will come!