BBC Scotland

bluechip

bunch of sensetive wee souls..... :lol:

The world must be a hard place for you guys to live in with all these people making such nasty comments.....

I think the point is, The Rangers Support is demonised for the slightest "wrong" word choice in a song. Bears are being lifted because of song choice therefore at risk of losing their jobs.

Its time we return the serve with equal measure. We let pricks like Richard Gordon away with that then what's next...comparing our players to animals in a zoo. Oh wait...he's done that also.

Well done OP.

Complained abuot Dick Gordon here's the reply

Thanks for contacting us about BBC Radio Scotland’s ‘Sportsound’.

I understand you felt offended at comments made about terminal illness.

Your comments were passed to the Editor of ‘Sportsound’, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for your comments regarding Richard Gordon’s interview with Ronnie MacDonald on ‘Sportsound’, broadcast on Saturday, 14th April.

I’m sorry you were unhappy with the comments made on the programme.

As you know, this was at the end of an interview with the outgoing Hamilton chairman. The transcript reads:

Richard Gordon: "So what happens for you now Ronnie, do you move and start elsewhere with another club, what do you..."

Ronnie MacDonald: "I've had a lot of theories this week; I've had everything from terminal illness to taking over Rangers."

Richard: “Which of the two would you prefer?”

This was intended to be a light hearted remark but, having spoken to Richard Gordon, he accepts that it may have caused offence to those who have relatives in such a state and regrets the comment, which was made in a live broadcast.

Thank you, once again, for taking the time to contact us.”

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

I appreciate the strength of your comments and I'd like to assure you that I’ve registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Kevin Freeburn

BBC Complaints

Complained abuot Dick Gordon here's the reply

Thanks for contacting us about BBC Radio Scotland’s ‘Sportsound’.

I understand you felt offended at comments made about terminal illness.

Your comments were passed to the Editor of ‘Sportsound’, who has asked that I forward his response as follows:

“Thank you for your comments regarding Richard Gordon’s interview with Ronnie MacDonald on ‘Sportsound’, broadcast on Saturday, 14th April.

As you know, this was at the end of an interview with the outgoing Hamilton chairman. The transcript reads:

Richard Gordon: "So what happens for you now Ronnie, do you move and start elsewhere with another club, what do you..."

Ronnie MacDonald: "I've had a lot of theories this week; I've had everything from terminal illness to taking over Rangers."

This was intended to be a light hearted remark but, having spoken to Richard Gordon, he accepts that it may have caused offence to those who have relatives in such a state and regrets the comment, which was made in a live broadcast.

Details of the BBC complaints process are available online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/handle.shtml

I appreciate the strength of your comments and I'd like to assure you that I’ve registered your complaint on our audience log. This is a daily report of audience feedback that’s made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

The audience logs are seen as important documents that can help shape decisions about future programming and content.

Kind Regards

Kevin Freeburn

BBC Complaints

Same reply as everyone else, OFCOM next for me

Snap!!!

Reference CAS-1401737-H6J6B4

Thanks for contacting us about BBC Scotland’s ‘Sportsound’.

I understand you felt comments made on the programme about terminal illness were offensive.

Kind Regards

Kevin Freeburn

BBC Complaints

www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Seems like an edgy joke that isnt really that offensive and the OP has pretended to be offended in an effort to get a response.

You'd expect that type of mock offense from a Celt but i thought we were a bit better than that.

Always bugs me when people complain about Jeremy Clarkson but at least he actually offends people on occasion, this is just petty pointscoring.

bunch of sensetive wee souls..... :lol:

The world must be a hard place for you guys to live in with all these people making such nasty comments.....

The comments were in poor taste and annoying. The propaganda against our club continues and should be challenged.

The man is a :wanker: and it's interesting to see there is the 'humour' defence available to him on national radio yet not to our fans for some songs.

Seems like an edgy joke that isnt really that offensive and the OP has pretended to be offended in an effort to get a response.

You'd expect that type of mock offense from a Celt but i thought we were a bit better than that.

Always bugs me when people complain about Jeremy Clarkson but at least he actually offends people on occasion, this is just petty pointscoring.

Unfortunately we live in a world where our fans are walking a fine line with trouble from the law over people with mock outrage. There is no argument here, that's just our country's laws.

That must apply to everyone, if others seek to extract all humour, they can't then use our club as the outlet for mockery.

They shall reap as they sow.

"In order to preserve the club's history, records, championships and assets, I will put the "heart" of the club into an "incubator" company while Duff & Phelps works to make the "sick patient" healthy through a CVA process that effectively works to "radiate" the toxicity of past administrations' sins out of the patient while the "healthy heart" is preserved and moves forward."

- Bill Miller

See, serious illness is a useful metaphor.

"In order to preserve the club's history, records, championships and assets, I will put the "heart" of the club into an "incubator" company while Duff & Phelps works to make the "sick patient" healthy through a CVA process that effectively works to "radiate" the toxicity of past administrations' sins out of the patient while the "healthy heart" is preserved and moves forward."

- Bill Miller

See, serious illness is a useful metaphor.

When used appropriately.