Columbo

Match Result Prediction  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result of this El Clasico encounter

• Barcelona victory
    • Score Draw
    • Goaless Draw
    • Madrid victory

This will be the sixth El Clasico of the season and with another one potentially on the way in the CL we are sure getting our quota of them.

As things stand in LA Liga. Madrid sit top of the table on 85 points after 33 games while Barcelona sit 2nd in LA Liga four points behind on 81 points having played the same number of matches.

Barca go into this game in fantastic domestic form with eleven consecutive wins while Madrid who once held a 10 point lead at the top of the table have had that advantage cut down to four due to draws with Malaga, Villarreal and Valencia respectively.

Barca also enjoy a superior head to head in this fixture this season. With three wins & two draws from the five games so far and an aggregate score of 12-8.

Its bound to be a classic as Madrid can all but seal the LA Liga title with victory while a Barca win would cut the gap betwen the clubs down to one point and ensure Jose's men needed a 100% finish to the campaign to secure the title.

I'm going for Barca to win it.

Thoughts? (tu)

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

score draw for me.

Madrid in the last 2 games have came flying out the traps, with Benzema, Ozil & Ronaldo sprinting to close down Valdez, Puyol 7 Pique so they cant play out the back. When Barca go long, they are 2nd favourites to the high ball.

Madrid are the only team in the world capable of applying this kidn of pressure on Barca.

i think that Madrid will give Barca hell in the first half and take a lead in at half time.

Barca will up their game however and Madrid i think will tire, to press so agressivly on such a massive pitch will really get heavy on the legs. I think for the last 30 mins or so Madrid will retreat and get deep, but wont be able to keep Barca out.

1-1 is my prediction, which would be a very, very good result for Madrid.

It'll be more exciting for the neutral were Barca to win as the title race would likely go down to the last day.

To be honest a draw or a victory for Madrid equals the title coming back to Madrid.

I wonder whether Jose will play both Higuain or Benzema and whether he'll use Pepe in midfield. I hope he attacks Barca like they did in the Spanish Cup as that was the best they've looked against Barca in a while (tu)

Real Madrid can't beat Barcelona. And I don't mean it's impossible for them to win this game, I'm just saying that in recent times they just can't do what it takes to beat them.

Not sure if I agree with that but all they need is a draw in my opinion to all but win the title and thats something they have managed on two of their last three visits to the Nou Camp (tu)

Cant see past a Barcelona win

Arbeloa, Coentrao, Khedira, Ozil , Di Maria have all looked painfully average recently. Alonso not been great. Benzema has looked sharper. I dont think Real are coping battling on all fronts as well as Barcelona did.

I predict that lots of people who have never been to Spain will say "Hala" in their posts, normal folk will ask why Rangers fans are getting so worked up about a Spanish game, someone will use the phrase "more complete player" referring to a less complete player, sassaaaa will be unpleasant and ridiculous regardless of the result and rep will be doled out in amounts inversely proportional to the actual value of the post being repped.

Oh, and a football game will happen while all of this is going on.

I'll see you gents there :clap:

I predict that lots of people who have never been to Spain will say "Hala" in their posts, normal folk will ask why Rangers fans are getting so worked up about a Spanish game, someone will use the phrase "more complete player" referring to a less complete player, sassaaaa will be unpleasant and ridiculous regardless of the result and rep will be doled out in amounts inversely proportional to the actual value of the post being repped.

Oh, and a football game will happen while all of this is going on.

I'll see you gents there :clap:

:lol: :lol: :lol: