Ched Evans Guilty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some daft wee lassie drinks too much, goes back to a hotel, gets a ride, can't remember it, and drops the R bomb.

For all she knows she was chewing his dobber like a haribo, but because she's spent all night drinking jäger-bombs before it, he's got to become a morale-decision-maker for them both?!

Fkn ridiculous. It's HER responsibility to control HER actions, not his.

'Oh, I think my drink had been spiked' Aye, I saw a guy hanging about your 12th Sambucca right enough, or maybe it was your 9th bahama-mama.

If every guy who'd pumped a bird who got drunken-slapper-remorse the next morning ended up in the clink, the streets would be empty. Equal rights my baws.

Seems insane he 'raped' her even though she doesn't know what happened!? Thats so crazy, rape is when someone forces themselves on you when you say no.

Is that your assumption or your actual reading of the law?

1-(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis,

(b) B does not consent to the penetration, and

© A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

(2) Whether a belief is reasonable is to be determined having regard to all the circumstances, including any steps A has taken to ascertain whether B consents.

Not consenting and "saying no" are not the same thing. If you are unconscious you can't say no but you sure as fuck can't consent either. It is a complex thing and reducing it to "she didn't say no" is the kind of argument made by, well, a rapist.

Article two is the part most people in this thread need to read and read again. "To be determined having regard to all the circumstances." Realistically, how many of us can say that is the case, having simply read twitter and the papers? Is it not even slightly probable that the jury know a little more about this? Just a thought.

im not saying evans is innocent . he might well have raped her however her quote was

"My clothes were scattered around on the floor," she said.

"I just didn't know how I got there, if I had gone there with anyone. I was confused and dazed."

but she definitely knows she said one guy could ride her but she said no to evans <cr>

something doesnt seem right to me

also ive backed sheff utd tomorrow and now i think they will fuck up my coupon :lol:

Something just doesn't sit right with me at all with the verdict, in fact a lot of the testimony doesn't either. This is the world we live in though and it will be interesting to see how the appeal goes as I bet there will be one!

Anyhoo Skinny I too was going to bet them...Evans has been scoring every week lately though, so who knows how they'll react to it!

i read a much more in depth article on this today, and i think that the jury probably got it right imo.

it seems like McDonald was on a night out when he met the woman. It was her who flagged a taxi (which shows she was at least of enough sound mind to know where she was and what she was doing). She went back to the hotel with Mcdonald at her own accord. CCTV images shows her hanging onto him for balance, but also interlocking her arm with his.

i think on that evidence its fair to say that she knew what she was doing, and being drunk isn't an excuse for regretting going back to a hotel with a guy. By fidning him not guilty, i think the jury have sent that message.

the dodgy part for me though is what happened from there. McDonald texted his mates, Evans and 2 others then showed up. Evans had sex with her and the other 2 watched and tried to film it.

Evans then sneaked out a fire escape afterwards.

McDonald on the other hand when he left, asked the receptionist to keep an eye on her

Police tested McDonald & Evans the next day and they had no traces of alcohol, so i think they were completely sober.

I think by finding McDonald not guilty, the jury are taking the stance that they werent allowing the victim to blame her drunked state for her decision making in goign back to the hotel, the CCTV would have shown her interlocking arms with McDonald and goign back to the hotel with him at her own accord, even if she was bladdered.

it's hard to excuse Evans actiosn though, he didnt meet the girl on the night out like his team-mate did, it does just seem as though he showed up, completely sober, took a shot of a plastered teenager who had already had sex with his team mate, then snuck out the back door like a coward.

McDonald shouldn't go scot free either, even if how he got the girl back to the hotel was fair game, in the same way it should be if you go out in glasgow tonight and go home with some chick whos bladdered - but for me, to then text his mates and encourage them to come to the hotel room should be illegal. Pulling a girl whos pretty pissed is fair game imo, but to then text your mates to come round for a gang bang, and film it, because you think she might be drunken enough to be taken advantage of in such a way is scummy as fuck - he should get a lesser conviction for his part in it the Evans rape imo.

She said her drink might have been spiked, that is one part of a claim that really shouldn't be made.

Despite what is read in the newspapers it is VERY hard to spike a drink without killing someone and most of the chemicals that could knock someone out are NOT easy to get your hands on, also illegal drugs can be tested in things like hair so when people make this claim it is usually unfounded.

The only two drugs i could think of that could combo with alcohol to knock someone out would be GBL and Rohypnol, Rohypnol is near impossible to get in this country and very hard to give it to someone unnoticed and GBL you can smell halfway across a room it's so pugnant and if you combine it with alcohol, yeh it might knock someone out for an hour or two but it would also likely kill them if they have been drinking more than a few pints.