Duff and Phelps - statement tonight

We can blame the spl all we like its the stalling from d&p that's causing this, d&p merely used that spl new rules statement to their advantage so they can delay once again

No bidder = liquidation and whyte walks away a very rich man

This was Whyte's aim in the first place. He was in it solely to make a killing,no matter what way it turned out.I think he (and his cohorts) had several strategies for different outcomes of the BTC and any other stumbling block that may appear.

I still think he will walk away with a killing, no matter what happens from here on in.

His problem I would imagine is, will he live long enough to enjoy his winnings if we go belly up or the whole truth is revealed with what has been planned.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what people forget about d&f is they are NOT THERE FOR THE GOOD OF THE CLUB. They don't really care if the club gets liquidated a while down the line as long as they get the best deal for the creditors. That's the thing that concerns me.

That was in the back of every bidders mind,if the figures quoted are true.

That's what happens when you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.....everybody wants it cheap. :pipe:

Nature of buying anything that is in administration or liquidation Oz. The hurtful thing here is the emotion involved with being the club we love.003.gif

Nature of buying anything that is in administration or liquidation Oz. The hurtful thing here is the emotion involved with being the club we love.003.gif

That is entirely correct, ED....This is not just a case of a football club potentially going tits up in the normal sense, it's not furniture,or leisure wear,or electrical appliances that are being bought cheap at a fire sale......It's an institution that has been here in living memory.

Whether Whyte,in his hurry to make money failed to see this at the time his plan was hatched,or not, I don't know...but the repercussions will be felt by a lot more than Rangers supporters, I assure you. :mad:

A lot of flak here for D&P but they do need to receive bids without a string of conditions.

If I walked into a car dealer and said "I'll buy the car as long as you can guarantee that I won't lose my license next week when I'm up in court for careless driving" I doubt I'd get anywhere.

This was Whyte's aim in the first place. He was in it solely to make a killing,no matter what way it turned out.I think he (and his cohorts) had several strategies for different outcomes of the BTC and any other stumbling block that may appear.

I still think he will walk away with a killing, no matter what happens from here on in.

His problem I would imagine is, will he live long enough to enjoy his winnings if we go belly up or the whole truth is revealed with what has been planned.

IF !!!! we go the liquidation route - while new co can start quickly - oldco stays alive and any distribution of the asets will NOT happpen till the court case is settled - we are a LONG way from Whyte getting rich through Liquidation!

uefa will ban us as a newco. the players will leave.

what the spl do or don't do won't make a bit of difference to liquidation lite's palateblety

You seem to be well in with the players GS, as you said in another post also the players don't want this. Very well connected and yet you never provide back up when someone asks you to prove a point. You merely pick and choose the bits and bobs from the papers that suits.

IF !!!! we go the liquidation route - while new co can start quickly - oldco stays alive and any distribution of the asets will NOT happpen till the court case is settled - we are a LONG way from Whyte getting rich through Liquidation!

I didn't infer that he would get rich through liquidation...I am inferring that no matter what happens to our club, Whyte hold the majority of the shares,which once sold will reap him a handsome amount of cash...or do you believe that he has no claim to these shares?

I didn't infer that he would get rich through liquidation...I am inferring that no matter what happens to our club, Whyte hold the majority of the shares,which once sold will reap him a handsome amount of cash...or do you believe that he has no claim to these shares?

In liquidations his shares are Worthless (and remember the deal is also under challenge) - there is only a distribution of cash to shareholders once all creditors are paid of in full. (which wo nt happen in this case)

Where CW thought (if that was his plan) he would get rich in liquidation is via being a preferential creditor (i.e. the fact he secured loans) BUT this is hotly disputed and i subject to a separate legal battle.

In liquidations his shares are Worthless (and remember the deal is also under challenge) - there is only a distribution of cash to shareholders once all creditors are paid of in full. (which wo nt happen in this case)

Where CW thought (if that was his plan) he would get rich in liquidation is via being a preferential creditor (i.e. the fact he secured loans) BUT this is hotly disputed and i subject to a separate legal battle.

Well you seem to know all the answers BP9, so I'll wait and see how you would go as a corporate advisor when it all comes out in the wash :sherlock:

Well you seem to know all the answers BP9, so I'll wait and see how you would go as a corporate advisor when it all comes out in the wash :sherlock:

I dont have all the answers BUT what I do as a job is help out companies in trouble (I am good at Sales and Marketing - and modest!). These are mainly companies with less tahn £2M in turnover and usually needing to restart sales but it leads me to a lot of discussions with administrators as when the companies come to me they are in trouble - so while I am not an accountant or a insolvency expert I do know a good wee bit about thhe subject (I have taken about 15 companies into administration and about 10 out of admin via either CVA and Newco routes (The other 5 were what I term basket cases and went to the wall) - and have to deal with creditors and shareholders all the time - BUT in the main those discussions are straight forward and my main job is making sure the company can survive long enough to get in back to breakeven and beyond.

I would LOVE to have had the cash to take Rangers on (but which fan wouldn't!)

I dont have all the answers BUT what I do as a job is help out companies in trouble (I am good at Sales and Marketing - and modest!). These are mainly companies with less tahn £2M in turnover and usually needing to restart sales but it leads me to a lot of discussions with administrators as when the companies come to me they are in trouble - so while I am not an accountant or a insolvency expert I do know a good wee bit about thhe subject (I have taken about 15 companies into administration and about 10 out of admin via either CVA and Newco routes (The other 5 were what I term basket cases and went to the wall) - and have to deal with creditors and shareholders all the time - BUT in the main those discussions are straight forward and my main job is making sure the company can survive long enough to get in back to breakeven and beyond.

so sorry to have to say this but i am afraid we are one of the basket cases :mad:

Oh! I'm in no way casting aspersions on your knowledge regarding the technicalities of the legal system,or the laws therein,because when it comes to fiscal matters,I'd probably be as clueless as the majority of guys on this forum.

When it comes to football matters, then I have the knowledge and experience to be correct in what I say,more times than not, so it will be interesting to see if you are on the money (no pun intended) when it comes to Whyte and his shares. or if I'm right that he will walk away from this with a better bank balance than he came in with. :pipe:

Oh! I'm in no way casting aspersions on your knowledge regarding the technicalities of the legal system,or the laws therein,because when it comes to fiscal matters,I'd probably be as clueless as the majority of guys on this forum.

When it comes to football matters, then I have the knowledge and experience to be correct in what I say,more times than not, so it will be interesting to see if you are on the money (no pun intended) when it comes to Whyte and his shares. or if I'm right that he will walk away from this with a better bank balance than he came in with. :pipe:

OzBlue - I didn't take unbrage at what you said - just thought I would qualify my answers. :beer1:

Re: Football knowledge we all think we have lots of that - we could all do better than any manager !! or referee!! :blush:

Me I would love a wee shot at running the financial side of Rangers - or more accurately the non-footballing income side (including TV deals) ;)

Oh and re. Shyte - I think D&P will pursue them aggressively and with all the legal tools they have and will do everything to can to make sure he walks with nothing - but as he is a crook not concerned with the law he may avoid that and I suspect he may have syphoned cash already through some of these deals. :mad:

OzBlue - I didn't take unbrage at what you said - just thought I would qualify my answers. :beer1:

Re: Football knowledge we all think we have lots of that - we could all do better than any manager !! or referee!! :blush:

Me I would love a wee shot at running the financial side of Rangers - or more accurately the non-footballing income side (including TV deals) ;)

Oh and re. Shyte - I think D&P will pursue them aggressively and with all the legal tools they have and will do everything to can to make sure he walks with nothing - but as he is a crook not concerned with the law he may avoid that and I suspect he may have syphoned cash already through some of these deals. :mad:

Well when it comes to the football side of things, BP9, I don't have well over 45 years in the game for nothing, but the fiscal side, I will leave that to guys who know what they are talking about.

Whether Whyte has already siphoned cash is open to conjecture at this stage, but I will just say that although you have a very high chance of being more correct in your reading of the matter than I have, i'll still say Whyte will make a killing through this fiasco,one way6 or another.

And I will reiterate my original comment, that whether he lives long enough to enjoy it or not is open to debate if we go tits up. :pipe:

Well when it comes to the football side of things, BP9, I don't have well over 45 years in the game for nothing, but the fiscal side, I will leave that to guys who know what they are talking about.

Whether Whyte has already siphoned cash is open to conjecture at this stage, but I will just say that although you have a very high chance of being more correct in your reading of the matter than I have, i'll still say Whyte will make a killing through this fiasco,one way6 or another.

And I will reiterate my original comment, that whether he lives long enough to enjoy it or not is open to debate if we go tits up. :pipe:

OK lets buy the club - I'll be chairman - you run the team - I can put a £1 in and we will get the fans to fund the rest and Ticketus to anti up the initial stake. :wub::pipe: :pipe:

Your last point - No matter what outcome I dont think he will enjoy living in any country where there are Rangers supporters! :angel:

OK lets buy the club - I'll be chairman - you run the team - I can put a £1 in and we will get the fans to fund the rest and Ticketus to anti up the initial stake. :wub::pipe: :pipe:

Your last point - No matter what outcome I dont think he will enjoy living in any country where there are Rangers supporters! :angel:

That I could just about guarantee :craphead: