What was David Murray's biggest crime?

Who and what is to blame?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What was David Murray's biggest crime?

• EBTs
    • Allowing debt to build up on several occasions
    • Selling to Whyte
    • All of the above
  2. 2. Who is the biggest criminal, Whyte or Murray?

• Whyte
    • Murray

Not sure that's a valid poll option, mate, but I do take your point.

Haha I suppose..

I did vote, I said the sale of the club and Murray.

Ebts imo shouldnt really be an option as we haven't, as of yet, been found guilty of mismanaging the way they were administered.

Murray allowed us to get into the state we are now in. He knew who Craig Whyte was, he knew what the plan would've been. The independent committee set up to find a buyer told DM that CW was trouble.

As much of a cunt CW was, he was just the executioner. DM was the one who signed the death warrant.

Personally, and it's a bit controversial. I think his biggest crime was not putting us into Administration himself. Maybe his ego got in the way.

I dont believe we were at that stage after the debt came down - that was nothing to do with him tho. Selling to white and bowing to pressure from lloyds. Definitely up there.

I dont believe we were at that stage after the debt came down - that was nothing to do with him tho. Selling to white and bowing to pressure from lloyds. Definitely up there.

He had the option to pull the plug. Alastair Johnston even commented about having a vote on putting us into admin or not.

If we had put ourself into admin, before Craig Whyte. IMO we wouldn't have had as much of a mess to clear up and would have had a new owner.

For many years some of us warned of what Murray was doing to our club, this warning went unheeded.

The systematic dismantling of Rangers assets and contracts is what has lead us to where we are.

Although we were starting to regain a good footing the damage was already done in terms of our credibilty as a club to deal with.

Like has been said above, Murray signed the death warrant, Whyte just executed it.

Building up debt - forgivable - chasing the dream.

EBT's - advice taken and as yet case unproven! - forgivable

Selling to Whyte - after AJ and the rest of the 'takeover' panel said "No" - unforgivable (and I was one of SDM's biggest fans)

Murray tried, but failed. Whyte just lied!

im not sure the EBT scheme is such a bad crime.

• at the time, thousands of business were using them.
  • they were legal.
  • they were advised to him by credible financial firms who had a good track record for other big companies.

in hindsight it does look as though the EBT scheme could be the single greatest reason why we are in this mess, but whos to say we wont win the case?

im as angered at murray as everyone else, he was wreckless with the club we love,but its hard for me to say that his use of EBTs wass a bad decision at the time.

i went with selling to Whyte. its clear now he had no money and never should have been allowed anywhere near us. when Murray left i at least think our situation could have been manageable. Maybe if he alled in the administrators himself we could have got out of this. Whyte may have put us in checkmate.

Haha I suppose..

I did vote, I said the sale of the club and Murray.

Ebts imo shouldnt really be an option as we haven't, as of yet, been found guilty of mismanaging the way they were administered.

Murray allowed us to get into the state we are now in. He knew who Craig Whyte was, he knew what the plan would've been. The independent committee set up to find a buyer told DM that CW was trouble.

As much of a cunt CW was, he was just the executioner. DM was the one who signed the death warrant.

Very fair point.

Murray stated that he would sell to someone with Rangers best intrests at heart, His worst decision was selling to Whyte whether or not that is criminal might never be known.

Whyte is doing what he has always done with company's which is to run them into the ground don't pay any bills then take what he can from them, whilst talking alot of pish about turning things around.

Has to be EBT's for me, they are the sole reason the tax man started sniffing around, and the tax man sniffing around is the biggest reason Lloyds forced Murray into the sale. EBT's wins hands down for me and Murray is the prize prick for using them, with Whyte an extremely close second (Talking baw hairs here btw). But bottom line Murray started the ball rolling everything else stems from EBT's, and the irony is we may not even be found guilty of misusing them.