What was David Murray's biggest crime?

Who and what is to blame?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What was David Murray's biggest crime?

• EBTs
    • Allowing debt to build up on several occasions
    • Selling to Whyte
    • All of the above
  2. 2. Who is the biggest criminal, Whyte or Murray?

• Whyte
    • Murray

Personally, I think the previous three years of debt reduction, along with his underwritten £50m share issue, makes the sale to Whyte number one, with EBTs a close second.

I think the EBT issue is paperwork based, therefore negligible if it was administered correctly.

I believe that Murray began his tenure with honour, but his exit strategy strips him of any honour associated with our football club.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

But, if his exit strategy included knowingly selling to a crook then he should be fully held to account.

Has to be EBT's for me, they are the sole reason the tax man started sniffing around, and the tax man sniffing around is the biggest reason Lloyds forced Murray into the sale. EBT's wins hands down for me and Murray is the prize prick for using them, with Whyte an extremely close second (Talking baw hairs here btw). But bottom line Murray started the ball rolling everything else stems from EBT's, and the irony is we may not even be found guilty of misusing them.

Lloyds have been pressuring MIH for years but the million dollar question has already been answered by you.

EBT – Legal, but HMRC examining administration of EBT scheme.

Not cut and dried at all!

I want to know what schools the HMRC investigators went to!

:uk:

EBT's are not a valid option as it is not proven that they were used illegally.

Murray is the chief villan here, his years of mismanagement have accumlulated in our current situation.

Whyte is a crooked cunt but he's a crooked cunt who wouldn't have got within a mile of Ibrox had "the custodian" done his job. You can't blame the fox if you leave the henhouse door open.

Also culpable are each and every previous board member during the Murray regime, as directors of the company they had a legal obligationto speak out on behalf of all shareholder including all the minority shareholders. They were all complicit by their silence.

Lloyds have been pressuring MIH for years but the million dollar question has already been answered by you.

It's a bit harsh on Lloyds, which really only inherited the MIH mess when it took over the mess that was HBoS.

im not sure the EBT scheme is such a bad crime.

• at the time, thousands of business were using them.
  • they were legal.
  • they were advised to him by credible financial firms who had a good track record for other big companies.

in hindsight it does look as though the EBT scheme could be the single greatest reason why we are in this mess, but whos to say we wont win the case?

im as angered at murray as everyone else, he was wreckless with the club we love,but its hard for me to say that his use of EBTs wass a bad decision at the time.

i went with selling to Whyte. its clear now he had no money and never should have been allowed anywhere near us. when Murray left i at least think our situation could have been manageable. Maybe if he alled in the administrators himself we could have got out of this. Whyte may have put us in checkmate.

Pretty close to how I see it. Murray chased the dream and took us with him. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. If we survive the big tax case and come out of administration with Whyte out of the picture we'll remember the great players and successes of that time with a heavy heart and sense of relief.