Once again, the largest UK weekend attendance was in Scottish Division 3.

Would you buy a season ticket for that, considering Ticketus would no longer be a factor?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a season ticket for that, considering Ticketus would no longer be a factor?

• Definitely.
    • Maybe
    • Definitely not.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a stand off now between us and the SPL clubs and will be interesting to see who makes the first move. Personally I would love it if we called their bluff, went to Div 3 and work on bringing the youth players through for 4-5 years.

Once again, the largest UK weekend attendance was in Scottish Division 3. As the SPL suffers, could we get used to hearing that?

It would certainly make a mockery of their league.

Maybe, depends on whether Manchester United, Arsenal or Newcastle United are playing at home.

It's a stand off now between us and the SPL clubs and will be interesting to see who makes the first move. Personally I would love it if we called their bluff, went to Div 3 and work on bringing the youth players through for 4-5 years.

It would be a wonderful adventure.

I have said it before, I go to Ibrox to watch Rangers and Rangers only. I don't go to see Rangers vs an SPL side, so if we were to take the Div.3 route, it wouldn't change my mind one bit, I would still go to Ibrox to see the Rangers, it wouldn't bother me who they were playing. After all if it was great football against great teams that I wanted to watch, the SPL would not be my attraction either

this is what i would go for. Youth development works for teams like Ajax and look at Man United, Ferguson was 4 years without a trophy while he developed the youth players then was unstoppable in the EPL. Going to the 3rd would also allow Ally to properly cut his teeth in management without the pressure of having to win the SPL, the same could be said for the players - develop without too much pressure and they'll become a far better team in preparation for the SPL. It's all dependent on what occurs on the 30th - speaking of which, who would be Rangers representative at the clubs meeting if, it's assumed, we don't have an owner in place by then? it can't be D & P because they can't make decisions for the club regarding anything to do with the League (can they?).

Why would that be good?

1. A chance to set more new records - first team in history to get straight promotion as Champions of each division in Scotland in successive seasons. We could have that cake and perhaps get to eat it, too, should we then win the SPL on the first season of our return.

2. A chance for me and many others to return to away games.

3. A chance to provide much needed and direct financial assistance to the SFL.

4. A chance to slaughter the clubs working against us right now in a financial sense. No Sky/ESPN deals worth talking about without games vs them. A collapse of some current SPL sponsor deals and a dearth of new ones. Millions of pounds removed from said clubs in away-day ticket sales. Mind you - perhaps they think Thistle or Falkirk will be just as lucrative. They'l get an answer shortly when Ross County visit. So, many millions of revenue lost to the current SPL - enough to push some of our enemies over the financial precipice - how I would laugh.

5. A chance to do our own TV and sponsorship deals in the SFL. What a riddy that would be for the SPL clubs if such deals were of greater value than their own.

6. A chance - a real chance - for a division 3 side to win the Scottish cup.

7. A chance to build The Rangers into something dearer and more valuable to the support than it already is.

I could go on.

who would be Rangers representative at the clubs meeting if, it's assumed, we don't have an owner in place by then? it can't be D & P because they can't make decisions for the club regarding anything to do with the League (can they?).

Currently, it will be D&P.

One SPL chairman voiced the opinion that it was scandalous that D&P would get a vote. He was so scandalised he demanded anonymity.

I wonder why?

1. A chance to set more new records - first team in history to get straight promotion as Champions of each division in Scotland in successive seasons. We could have that cake and perhaps get to eat it, too, should we then win the SPL on the first season of our return.

2. A chance for me and many others to return to away games.

3. A chance to provide much needed and direct financial assistance to the SFL.

4. A chance to slaughter the clubs working against us right now in a financial sense. No Sky/ESPN deals worth talking about without games vs them. A collapse of some current SPL sponsor deals and a dearth of new ones. Millions of pounds removed from said clubs in away-day ticket sales. Mind you - perhaps they think Thistle or Falkirk will be just as lucrative. They'l get an answer shortly when Ross County visit. So, many millions of revenue lost to the current SPL - enough to push some of our enemies over the financial precipice - how I would laugh.

5. A chance to do our own TV and sponsorship deals in the SFL. What a riddy that would be for the SPL clubs if such deals were of greater value than their own.

6. A chance - a real chance - for a division 3 side to win the Scottish cup.

7. A chance to build The Rangers into something dearer and more valuable to the support than it already is.

I could go on.

I agree with everything you say but for me point 4 would be reason enough to go to the 3rd division.

this is what i would go for. Youth development works for teams like Ajax and look at Man United, Ferguson was 4 years without a trophy while he developed the youth players then was unstoppable in the EPL. Going to the 3rd would also allow Ally to properly cut his teeth in management without the pressure of having to win the SPL, the same could be said for the players - develop without too much pressure and they'll become a far better team in preparation for the SPL. It's all dependent on what occurs on the 30th - speaking of which, who would be Rangers representative at the clubs meeting if, it's assumed, we don't have an owner in place by then? it can't be D & P because they can't make decisions for the club regarding anything to do with the League (can they?).

I'll do it.

I have said it before, I go to Ibrox to watch Rangers and Rangers only. I don't go to see Rangers vs an SPL side, so if we were to take the Div.3 route, it wouldn't change my mind one bit, I would still go to Ibrox to see the Rangers, it wouldn't bother me who they were playing. After all if it was great football against great teams that I wanted to watch, the SPL would not be my attraction either

Rangers and rangers only, would this still be the case if we are a Newco? Because to be in div 3 that's what we will be a Newco not the same rangers I have grown up to support

Wouldn't care who we were playing, I would still renew my Season Ticket.

In all honesty, the money the other clubs would be losing would be a large chunk of thier usual seasons income.

It would be a heavily reduced and diluated Sky deal, I could imagine without the gurantee of 4x Old firm games a season it would be reduced by atleast 50%.

Then the money that the other clubs bring in from our fans traveling to thier stadiums, which most clubs use to survive on. The other clubs chairmans in this country don't strive to be in the top 6 due to the SPL money, they do it because theres a chance that they can get a home draw against us or the scum because it means mega bucks and if it's an important title deciding game *see Killie last season" it can mean up to 1/4-1/2 of thier revenue.

The only team that may benifit from this is the Scum because the SPL money is peanuts but then again, with no Rangers the Co-efficent will reduce dramitcally and Celtic will feel it in 2-3 years. Theres also the chance that the Scum will fuck up in Europe as usual because they are bottlers and crowds will dwindle.

End of the day, Rangers going to Div 3 benifits only one set of teams and thats Div 3 teams. It will damage Scottish football for years and set us back a good few. People will say because Rangers arnt in the picture other teams will benifit but right now Us and the Scum are keeping this League and the other teams afloat. I predict other SPL teams to follow suit and go into Admin if we are relaged to Div 3.

Rangers and rangers only, would this still be the case if we are a Newco? Because to be in div 3 that's what we will be a Newco not the same rangers I have grown up to support

Yes it is. The 1873 club continues no matter what. The 1899 company is separate from that.

It would be difficult for me intially, but more just sadness about the situation that we have found ourselves in. However, provided that we were playing at Ibrox and we maintained all of our glorious history I would continue to follow Rangers and have the same passion and support that I have for them just now.