Ally please do not give them ammunition!

JCDBigBear

Ally quoted on BBC web site asking for fairness and apparently admitting some guilt of some form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17800877

Ally is quoted as saying "We are in the wrong" but that is a mistake to admit anything. These people want to crucify our club and admitting guilt before being given any detailed charges is a mistake. I'm not saying that we are squeaky clean but we shouldn't give them the ammunition to kill us. Any admission of guilt will be taken as a sign of weakness. We will get absolutely no sympathy from the SFA. I don't like commenting on any charges or whatever until I see what they are and what penalties are likely to be proposed. I wish Ally had done the same. We all know that the SFA is now less than fair, therefore we should be prepared for drastic sanctions being proposed against RFC. Saying "we are in the wrong" will not receive any sympathy or fairness from an organisation which clearly hates RFC. All that achieves is to give them the bullets to fire at us.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we have done wrong, he should admit this with dignity. We are guilty of mismanagement of the club for the last 20 years. This needs to be sorted. McCoist is trying and being dignified in his effort.

Regardless of what Super Ally says he is still a legend and I have so much respect for him with the way he has handled things to the extent that if anyone slags him off they can literally fuck off and support another club!

He has made mistakes when it comes to team selections and tactics but beyond that he has handled himself and supported our club in a manner that only his predecessors could. Dignified and respectful.

Ally, you are one of us and I am grateful to have you as our leader.

Sorry if I sound aggressive but with the way Ally has handled himself with respect and TRUTHFULLY having the clubs interests at heart I can't and I'd hope all of us can't fault him with regards to how he has dealt with our precarious position.

Sorry if I sound aggressive but with the way Ally has handled himself with respect and TRUTHFULLY having the clubs interests at heart I can't and I'd hope all of us can't fault him with regards to how he has dealt with our precarious position.

Is it possible to be aggresive on the internet? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, we are the Rangers football Club not the Ally McCoist one

Ally McCoist is a legend, .. If anybody wants to think that what he said is a weakness then thats their problem ., its not a weakness its the dignified and honest opinon of a strong man.. our leader .:praise: and a true Rangers legend :uk:

I am a tad drunk and I do agree with what you say however my opinion is that we don't have many true Rangers men in positions to relay our messages as fans of the club other than Ally and in this situation there are a lot more people to pick on than him.

He is honest and handles himself the way expected of a ger. For that I am grateful.

Aggressive or not, I do apologise for coming over as a bit of a cock. I just don't see how anyone can put down Allys handling of this whole situation.

I read what was said and then listened to the whole interview, and when you listen to how the question was put to Ally, I think he gave a very honest and sensible answer.I don't think in any way does it give the SFA,SPL,or anybody else ammunition to shoot us down,considering that what Ally said is wideley regarded as the truth.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer our spokesmen to be dignified and tell it as it is, not be like the filth across the city and deny every fact put in front of them :pipe:

Ally McCoist is a legend, .. If anybody wants to think that what he said is a weakness then thats their problem ., its not a weakness its the dignified and honest opinon of a strong man.. our leader .:praise: and a true Rangers legend :uk:

I commented that what was said is likely to be taken as a sign of weakness on the part of RFC by the people who clearly hate us. I didn't say that Ally showed weakness. There is a major difference.

These people are desperate to hit us with all sorts of penalties. You can tell by the rhetoric that they are going to make any breach of rules appear to be the equivalent of some heinous crime, no matter how trivial the breach may be. I can imagine that any minor technicality will be blown out of all proportion. It will be interesting to find out what rules we have broken and what effect any breach has had on either the SFA, SPL or any other club. With the exception of some relatively small outstanding payments due to other clubs, the only club we have significantly affected is our own.

We are in uncharted territory in this situation with the football authorities. There is no precedent to this as can be witnessed by the hastily arranged meetings and rule changes being proposed to ensure we are severely punished. What I have noted is that there doesn't appear to be any mention of what the penalty is for any particular breach of rules.

I read what was said and then listened to the whole interview, and when you listen to how the question was put to Ally, I think he gave a very honest and sensible answer.I don't think in any way does it give the SFA,SPL,or anybody else ammunition to shoot us down,considering that what Ally said is wideley regarded as the truth.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I prefer our spokesmen to be dignified and tell it as it is, not be like the filth across the city and deny every fact put in front of them :pipe:

Exactly.

It's funny, whenever anybody on here talks about Peter Lawwell and his love of the old "deflect and deny" tactic, they (rightly) rant and rave about the dishonesty and lack of dignity inherent in that club and all their dealings. Thank Christ there are some good Rangers men left like Ally who care more about representing our club honestly than defending us from mean words from those horrible, scary, mean tims :rolleyes:

You say strange things when you want to be loved by everyone.

Right, so on the one hand minstral, you hate the Murray regime and agree that it fucked up enormously, and on the other hand, just because you want to be your old contrary self, Ally is wrong to say what you think?

This WE have done wrong.......................please explain Ally.

EBT not wrong perfectly legal, the way MIH used the scheme is under question.

PAYE, VAT. Whyte to blame for that , plus staff or whoever knew this money was not being played. So please Ally .........loose words cost lives. Get back to learning about being a football manager.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but the people in charge at the SFA and SPL have not shown themselves to be impartial and fair-minded in the past.

Right, so on the one hand minstral, you hate the Murray regime and agree that it fucked up enormously, and on the other hand, just because you want to be your old contrary self, Ally is wrong to say what you think?

Just a shame that he will not speak out about Murray and the damage he has done to the club.

Ally quoted on BBC web site asking for fairness and apparently admitting some guilt of some form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17800877

Ally is quoted as saying "We are in the wrong" but that is a mistake to admit anything. These people want to crucify our club and admitting guilt before being given any detailed charges is a mistake. I'm not saying that we are squeaky clean but we shouldn't give them the ammunition to kill us. Any admission of guilt will be taken as a sign of weakness. We will get absolutely no sympathy from the SFA. I don't like commenting on any charges or whatever until I see what they are and what penalties are likely to be proposed. I wish Ally had done the same. We all know that the SFA is now less than fair, therefore we should be prepared for drastic sanctions being proposed against RFC. Saying "we are in the wrong" will not receive any sympathy or fairness from an organisation which clearly hates RFC. All that achieves is to give them the bullets to fire at us.

Fk that - ever heard of sportsmanship ?

We should NOT stoop to their level or any other level other than those standards set for us by our past.

We should NOT be looking to work towards the lowest common denominator but dragging people up to our level with the example we show!

Just a shame that he will not speak out about Murray and the damage he has done to the club.

Well that would make him even more loved among our support, so it kind of flies in the face of your previous statement. Perhaps - just perhaps, Ally has his own personal views on that matter and he is committed to them. He's wrong to defend Murray, but that's a different matter. He's not wrong to say the club (or those previously in charge, which is implicit in that statement) is responsible for the mess we are in, and it certainly isn't the populist move to say it publicly.