Ally please do not give them ammunition!

JCDBigBear

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you but the people in charge at the SFA and SPL have not shown themselves to be impartial and fair-minded in the past.

I would not debate that point with you at all,because it seems at times therse two pillars of our footballing society are like a nest of vipers.

But as far as I'm concerned,Ally gave an honest assessment of where we stand as a club at this point in time, and he gave an honest answer to the question put to him.

Sometimes it's better to shut your mouth and appear an idiot, than it is to open your mouth and prove you are an idiot,but Ally McCoist (to me) handled himself well and left no lingering doubts to the interviewer that we as a club know our challenges ahead and are willing to face them head on....Now it's up to the powers that be to treat us in the same manner as they would any other club.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's saying "We" as in RFC, have done wrong by going into administration. Like it or not, this situation is no one else's fault but those who were/are in control of RFC.

I thought we where Punished for going into Admin,awe well for some people Ten Points isn't enough then.

And EBT 's where not Illegal, and accusing us of guilt before any decision is made Biased, and Unfair.

Guilty by Mhedia ,this Country is Screwed ,I would like to see some of the ones who are accusing us of all this Expense sheets .Now that would be interesting.

Fk that - ever heard of sportsmanship ?

We should NOT stoop to their level or any other level other than those standards set for us by our past.

We should NOT be looking to work towards the lowest common denominator but dragging people up to our level with the example we show!

I didn't advocate stooping to their level. I basically said we should not admit guilt until we have a list of the charges. Ally has shown great dignity throughout this entire shambolic period. That is not in any doubt.

As for Sportsmanship, that requires fairness and impartiality and neither the SPL nor SFA have shown any of these attributes in the past.

I would not debate that point with you at all,because it seems at times therse two pillars of our footballing society are like a nest of vipers.

But as far as I'm concerned,Ally gave an honest assessment of where we stand as a club at this point in time, and he gave an honest answer to the question put to him.

Sometimes it's better to shut your mouth and appear an idiot, than it is to open your mouth and prove you are an idiot,but Ally McCoist (to me) handled himself well and left no lingering doubts to the interviewer that we as a club know our challenges ahead and are willing to face them head on....Now it's up to the powers that be to treat us in the same manner as they would any other club.

Not going to happen OZ they have shown that already ,and if you think they are going to change now then sorry anybody would think your half way round the World in a different Continent.Oh sorry you are .

This is Scotland Mate .

I didn't advocate stooping to their level. I basically said we should not admit guilt until we have a list of the charges. Ally has shown great dignity throughout this entire shambolic period. That is not in any doubt.

As for Sportsmanship, that requires fairness and impartiality and neither the SPL nor SFA have shown any of these attributes in the past.

Ally answered reasonable questions honestly - thats the correct way - and wrt to your last statement two wrongs don't make a right.

Our endeavour should be to maintain our standards even ifall around us lose theirs!

I dont really think it matters much if we look at it from the point of view of Ally or anyone else giving '' Them '' who are not just the Kiddyfiddlers '' Ammunition '' they are waging full out war and no matter what anyones opinion of what anyone says they are going to try and finish us by any means truthful, untruthfull, partly true or just plain downright lies. Just let Ally carry on being the best ambassador for the club that he can is these turbulent times, occassionally hes going to say something that is misinterpreted, and his defence mechanism when faced with probing questions intended to be twisted against our club is sometimes to be philosophical about things---he has no choice but to give an answer as honestly as he sees it-----either way we are going to be pilloried by the press and even former players.

The gravy train for these journos and gold diggers is coming to an end within a year or so maybe and it then will be our turn to twist the knife and conspire to put newspapers, radio shows and others who have jumped on us with such glee to the sword. I for one relish the future fight against the haters, there is no hole they will be able to crawl into.

Ally answered reasonable questions honestly - thats the correct way - and wrt to your last statement two wrongs don't make a right.

Our endeavour should be to maintain our standards even ifall around us lose theirs!

I didn't say we shouldn't adhere to the principles of sportsmanship, I stated that the SFA and SPL don't show that particular attribute.

Not going to happen OZ they have shown that already ,and if you think they are going to change now then sorry anybody would think your half way round the World in a different Continent.Oh sorry you are .

This is Scotland Mate .

Not for one minute am I thinking that will happen,nacho. My point is that Ally answered the interviewer and made it quite clear we as a club knew the score and that we will face whatever comes head on....What we think is a fair judgement and what the SFA,SPL see as fair judgement is open to conjecture.

I might have been away from Scotland for 46 years, but I know what is against our club,AND who is against our club :pipe:

Our standards went south when we stiffed Naveed and the like for their bills.

I thought we where Punished for going into Admin,awe well for some people Ten Points isn't enough then.

And EBT 's where not Illegal, and accusing us of guilt before any decision is made Biased, and Unfair.

Guilty by Mhedia ,this Country is Screwed ,I would like to see some of the ones who are accusing us of all this Expense sheets .Now that would be interesting.

Let me make this a little clearer. Rangers went into administration because of financial mismanagement. Had we been managed better we would not have been in administration now, or hit with a ten point penalty or be struggling to find another buyer!

The EBT scheme is not even part of what I was mentioning either. Neither is the biased media. Whyte has a lot of money stashed away that could have kept us afloat at least until the end of the season.

... sounds like you then advocate that we stay with low standards rather then get back to the level 'most' of us expect!

No I am just pointing out your fairytale of our high standards, Our endeavour should be to maintain our standards even ifall around us lose theirs! those are your words.

I would rather we had never lost the standards our forebears at the club instilled and adhered to throughout history.

No I am just pointing out your fairytale of our high standards, Our endeavour should be to maintain our standards even ifall around us lose theirs! those are your words.

I would rather we had never lost the standards our forebears at the club instilled and adhered to throughout history.

OK agreed - you re being a tadge pedantic but we agree. Whyte more than anyone took us to low levels and it is upto people like Ally to drag it back.

Let me make this a little clearer. Rangers went into administration because of financial mismanagement. Had we been managed better we would not have been in administration now, or hit with a ten point penalty or be struggling to find another buyer!

The EBT scheme is not even part of what I was mentioning either. Neither is the biased media. Whyte has a lot of money stashed away that could have kept us afloat at least until the end of the season.

No Leg your perfectly clear on that one ,but what I will say regards Whyte the SFA knew more about that little Rhat than we the Fans did ,so on that basis they are Guilty of allowing someone not Fit, and proper to run a Fucking Newspaper Shop to take over a Multi million Pound Football Club.Fucking Astonishing to say the Least and look where we are now.It wasnt EBT'S as you know that put us in Admin ,it was Whyte with PAYE.

C'mon is that right or what?

No Leg your perfectly clear on that one ,but what I will say regards Whyte the SFA knew more about that little Rhat than we the Fans did ,so on that basis they are Guilty of allowing someone not Fit, and proper to run a Fucking Newspaper Shop to take over a Multi million Pound Football Club.Fucking Astonishing to say the Least and look where we are now.It wasnt EBT'S as you know that put us in Admin ,it was Whyte with PAYE.

C'mon is that right or what?

(tu) Very good point mate. However, as you say, Whyte didn't pay the taxes.....doubt the SFA would have thought he wouldn't have done so, but I take your point!

Ally quoted on BBC web site asking for fairness and apparently admitting some guilt of some form.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17800877

Ally is quoted as saying "We are in the wrong" but that is a mistake to admit anything. These people want to crucify our club and admitting guilt before being given any detailed charges is a mistake. I'm not saying that we are squeaky clean but we shouldn't give them the ammunition to kill us. Any admission of guilt will be taken as a sign of weakness. We will get absolutely no sympathy from the SFA. I don't like commenting on any charges or whatever until I see what they are and what penalties are likely to be proposed. I wish Ally had done the same. We all know that the SFA is now less than fair, therefore we should be prepared for drastic sanctions being proposed against RFC. Saying "we are in the wrong" will not receive any sympathy or fairness from an organisation which clearly hates RFC. All that achieves is to give them the bullets to fire at us.

I agree with most of what you said , your absolutely correct about the haters who want to crucify us and we wont get any sympathy from the SFA , but i dont think that its a mistake to admit there has been wrong doing at our club . To deny any wrong doing would be in my opinion a mistake and would leave Ally open to ridicule , its no secret that our club has been run like shit . Ally was asked a question and gave a honest answer , i wouldnt expect anything other than that from the manager of Rangers football club.

well atleast he is open and honest, dont you tink he is hurting like any other fan, maybe the ones slagging him off should tell us what world class manager they have lined up to do the Rangers job ? stop moaning like Bog trotters and get behind him