Football or soccer?

MisterC

What do guys call it? Football or soccer? I call it soccer as its the name adopted by the Americans who are the country with the best sporting prowess. Plus too its a derivative of Association Football which is the beautiful games proper title. So guys, football or soccer and why? Plus what do you think of those who call it by the name you dont use? I think those that call it football are just silly personally.

Football as it is called Association Football. I get a bit annoyed when americans call it soccer because not to get confused with American Football. Why call it american football when you mostly use your hands? Why not call it American Rugby? The rules are essentially the same.

You would choose Soccer over Football, as Soccer is a derivation of Association Football? Because football might not be too far from it either.

It's football, primarily for the reason that it's football, always has been football, and always will be football. It's in our great club's name as football, and by the way, it's football.

Although, I can't wait to hear one of the guys in the enclosure shouting 'Lovely soccer, Rangers'.

By the way, I am inherently silly.

The full name for Rugby is Rugby football.

If you were being pedantic, then soccer and rugby are the two proper terms for each sport.

Of course I don't call it football or soccer, it's always been fitbaw to me

You would choose Soccer over Football, as Soccer is a derivation of Association Football? Because football might not be too far from it either.

It's football, primarily for the reason that it's football, always has been football, and always will be football. It's in our great club's name as football, and by the way, it's football.

Although, I can't wait to hear one of the guys in the enclosure shouting 'Lovely soccer, Rangers'.

By the way, I am inherently silly.

I shout that a lot. Yesterday at Tynecastle, I shouted out 'Excellent soccer there in the mixing zone' when we did a nice little move in midfield'. I got a few folk who noticed my comment and looked at me and smiled, probably because of my excellent use of the english language.

I shout that a lot. Yesterday at Tynecastle, I shouted out 'Excellent soccer there in the mixing zone' when we did a nice little move in midfield'. I got a few folk who noticed my comment and looked at me and smiled, probably because of my excellent use of the english language.

I shouted 'Look lively' once, and spent the next hour in fear for my life.

Football as it is called Association Football. I get a bit annoyed when americans call it soccer because not to get confused with American Football. Why call it american football when you mostly use your hands? Why not call it American Rugby? The rules are essentially the same.

Actually, it's the "soc" is Association which Soccer is derived from.

And the term was first coined by an Englishman - Charles Wreford-Brown - in order to differentiate it from the other form of football, rugby.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in calling football soccer.