Latest on Ness?

8watp8

I know he is injured/ has been, but remember coisty saying sometime back he could start light training but then got yet another set back. anyone got any sources on it? anyway he'll be fit for a run out before the end of the season, or is it just more rest before next season, the way it is going doesn't look like he'll play again and after being out so long he might not be anywhere near the same player.

I'm in the same boat as many others and would like to bring through youth in our financial crisis, but would of loved to have seen ness mcabe and davis in the middle together

nextprev Jamie's Net Gains 1 of 2

Replica Shirt

Rangers TV

Tickets

Jamie's Net Gains

Fri, Apr 20, 2012

Tweet

By Lindsay Herron

RANGERS youth academy director Jim Sinclair says top prospect Jamie Ness should use tennis superstar Andy Murray as an inspiration in his quest for the big time in football.

Murray was blighted by growing pains as he burst onto the scene as a teenager and suffered a number of injuries as a consequence.

However, his body settled down and he has become Britain's greatest tennis player in recent times reaching three Grand Slam finals and No4 in the world.

Ness, 21, is regarded as the most exciting talent in the academy and Sinclair firmly hopes he can fully realise his potential.

Sinclair told the Ibrox Edition on RangersTV: "We hope eternally that Jamie Ness can settle down and put his injuries behind him because he has the potential to be a top player.

"The medical staff have exhausted any number of routes and we are now at the stage that whenever Jamie comes to the end of his growth stage, which is very soon, then his body will settle down.

"Somebody told me recently that Andy Murray experienced similar problems. The growth issue was the same for him and he obviously got over all of that,

"So we are hopeful that it will be the same for Jamie and he can resume playing to the level we have all seen already.

"He looks a very accomplished player and there are not many boxes that are not ticked. He is a big, strong lad; he is technically excellent; he is fiercely competitive and as you have seen against Celtic last season he can score a goal.

"So we have high hopes for Jamie."

Sinclair also spoke positively about fellow midfielders Kyle Hutton and Rhys McCabe making the grade with Rangers.

He said: "I would hope that Kyle Hutton will come back from his loan spell at Dunfermline and be a first team player.

"I have been to see him a few times and Jackie McNamara at Partick Thistle, for example, was very pleased with his attitude and professionalism in his loan spell there which is great feedback

"Rhys McCabe came in this season and held his own in the Old Firm game, for example, and that was good to see.

"It is the one thing that Walter Smith used to commend us for and now, in turn, Ally McCoist has done the same and that is the mentality of the kids when they go out onto the pitch.

"None of them has faltered and Rhys is another example of that particularly doing well in the Old Firm game which I'm sure pleased the Rangers fans.

"There has probably never been a better time for young players at Rangers and we are confident we have kids here who can step up to the plate."

WATCH THE FULL INTERVIEW ON RANGERSTV

Related News

Ladies Frustrated By Muir

ALLISON'S team draws 1-1 in game coach feels they should have won

Five Star Show

Girls progressed to the third round of the Scottish Cup

Girls Storm To Victory

FIVE-star performance from Douglas' youngsters against Accies

Tags

Jamie Ness. Jim Sinclair

Ibrox Edition

Latest News

Enjoying The Moment

McCABE is lapping up first-team experience as he g...

Food For Thought

McCOIST admits dropping Little for derby next week...

A Perfect Day

ANDY Little delighted to bag a brace against Heart...

Gers Step To The Four

QUARTET of consecutive competitive wins for first ...

McCabe In For Davis

MCCOIST makes three changes for SPL clash against ...

A Tough Prospect

WALLACE knew Jambos would be hard to beat before t...

Administration Latest

DUFF and Phelps issue statement with update on bid...

Far From Ideal

McCOIST says delay isn't helping but will accept i...

Naisy Given All Clear

KNEE injury has healed fully but star not back in ...

Shopping

1972 Lunches

Click here to find out more!

Classic DVDs

Click here to buy now!

I commented on this on another thread. I had similar problem with growing pains. My tendons grew at a slower rate than the rest of my body and it was fucking painful!! It stopped when I was 21, which is when your body stops growing. So I think we will see Ness at his best from next season.

What a midfield we will have McCabe,Davis,and Ness in the middle then Naismith,Aluko and hopefully a new striker up front. As long as noone leaves!!!

He is agreat player but unfortunately he is injury prone, and at a time when we are going to have a small squad I don't think we can afford to be carrying anybody. He has never played 5 consecutive games for Rangers since he was sixteen.