Andy Little's potential

kanjo

Watching some highlights of the games where he has played and scored and i have to admit...he takes them all with great composure.

Anyone else think he can battle his way to a first team regular after we are out of our off field mess?

Most on here slated him a few months ago, shows how fickle fans are :) Said a few things that have pissed me off but good luck to him, as someone on here said you don't score goals like that one vs Killie without being a good player.

His first was a strange finish, i've only seen it once and cant work out what he done, Whittakers through ball leading up to the second was superb, he still had to make up ground to be in the spot to slot it though, when he was given a contract at the start of the season i could not work it out as he had been at Ibrox ages and made next to no appearances, maybe the coachesseen plenty in training that he could take to the first team, recently he has, take a bow son.

Just shows you when you play someone in there correct position how good they can be didn't walter play him at right back against tarriers !

Yes walter pkayed him right back against them .I think he can play in a number of positions but he prefers up front .

He seems to be a good enough player, a cheap option on the bench that is capable of scoring goals but by the age of 23 (as he will be shortly) we should be past talking about "potential"

A bit unfair, as much as Walter was a legend for us, bringing on young players was never his strong point.

I suspect that a number of the previously fringe players will be first picks for us in the next couple of years.

Unfortunately, I think that's a pretty safe bet.

unfortunately?? I hope we spend a couple of seasons with the younger guys. its our only hope for the future, and also we should ensure we dont get back into the same mess again. i'll be pissed off if McCoist gets money for the transfer market, we should just make sure our finances are in order.

He's never really had a chance to show us anything...he would always be out injured for large parts of the season.

Have to give him credit though, could have easily called it a day when he had some more serious injuries.

:praise:

unfortunately?? I hope we spend a couple of seasons with the younger guys. its our only hope for the future, and also we should ensure we dont get back into the same mess again. i'll be pissed off if McCoist gets money for the transfer market, we should just make sure our finances are in order.

I'd rather we were bringing through and giving extended runs to young players such as Little and Hutton etc than wasting money on the likes of Ortiz, Bedoya irrespective of our financial situation.

I'm delighted that the lad is getting an opportunity and, particularly, that he's 'poked' a few away in recent games, but I don't think we should get carried away. Whilst I hope that he will continue to play well and score goals I'm not convinced he is the 'finished article' or, indeed, the long term answer to our striking problems.

However, we may have to rely on him and the other peripheral players if our 'big names' depart in the summer.