cenotaph

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If its a hoax then I apologise.

For those who want to label me a " bheast " etc then I will happily meet any one of you at the next home game to dispel your daft theories

Some its content is hardly edifying; why bring it up? What does Marco Negri ever have to say about Rangers that even remotely interesting?

Ok then, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Will you tell us where you found this interview? And if you've just found it on a football forum, will you hold your hands up and admit you're a Rangers fan who has just been duped and ask an admin to delete the thread? And if you won't do that, will you kindly piss off?

Firstly, I've probably seen more Rangers games than you have had hot dinners.

Secondly I saw the article on a St Johnston site

http://www.weareperth.co.uk/vforum/showthread.php?p=498321#post498321

Thirdly. I had never seen this article in any form before.

Fourthly, Did you miss the part where I called Negri a liar?

Lastly, If its been proven to be a hoax then delete with my pleasure.

:lol:

Aye very good Jimmy 12 posts....

Firstly, the "I've been to more Rangers games than you" dick-measuring argument is the first refuge of the outed tim. I am now more convinced than I was.

Secondly, why are you looking for (and then reposting) negative articles about Rangers from St Johnstone sites without checking their provenance?

Thirdly, my thoughts exactly. Have some sense. This has already spread far and wide, presumably from one original posting. You and people like you are part of the reason. Did it not strike you as odd that you had never heard of this before, say, from a major newspaper?

Fourthly, that's hardly the point, is it? If this article was legitimate, angry Rangers fans would call him a liar, but those with no reason to defend us would take it at face value, and it would damage the club. Why are you spreading around material that could damage the club?

Here's some FACTS timmy wont like - we don't have to make up interviews.

Gemmell victim of 'bigotry'.

The Mirror (London, England)

October 21, 2004

ROBERT McAULAY

CELTIC legend Tommy Gemmell has claimed "bigoted" stars wanted the club to be Catholics-only.

The Lisbon Lion launched an astonishing attack on the former team-mates who branded him an "Orange bastard".

He insists a clique of players targeted him for being a Protestant when he first joined the club.

Gemmell said: "Myself and Ian Young were the only Protestants and if either of us had a bad game we'd get bigoted abuse.

"Certain other players would say 'what do you expect of an Orange bastard?'

"A handful of players at the club could be described as real bigots and they would have liked to see a Celtic side that was 100 per cent Catholic."

But Gemmell stressed he was always supported by former chairman Sir Bob Kelly and players like Billy McNeill.

Gemmell, who helped the club to the European Cup in 1967, makes the explosive claims in his new biography Lion Heart.

Marco Negri the interview the truth about glasgow rangers has anything changed?

An extract from an Italian Football magazine, with Marco Negri, about Rangers, and life with the Rangers

Marco Negri Interview

L.B. - Luigi Bruno (Interviewer)

M.N. - Marco Negri

should never be posted on here

L.B. - ' Marco, you left Rangers under very strange circumstances, why was that?'

M.N.-' Strange? There was nothing strange in anything that happened there, they simply did not want me there any longer'.

L.B.- 'Why was that?'

M.N.- ' The honest answer is that I didn't know then and I still don't know even today. Nobody ever explained why I had fallen out of favour.'

L.B.- ' Your goal record at Rangers was fantastic and when fit and available you were scoring for fun. I, and many others still do not understand why you left under a cloud'.

M.N.- 'Let's just say you are getting very close to why I think that I was frozen out. Scotland is a very claustrophobic place where everything is examined and analyzed endlessly. Scottish society is in many ways a backward place'.

L.B. - 'What do you mean by that?'

M.N. - ' The culture, the underlying culture of Rangers was not good. The first team players had a habit of drinking vast amounts of alcohol during the week. As you know here in Italy we have a different culture as professional footballers. We know that it is our duty to keep ourselves fit and healthy.

Some of the players there like Paul Gascoigne and Andy Goram would turn up smelling of drink BEFORE training!! I could not understand why such behaviour was tolerated by Walter Smith who was manager then'.

L.B.- ' Marco we are well aware of Paul Gascoigne's problems and it is sad to see his decline, we saw it earlier at Lazio. Are you saying that the players were out of control?'

M.N.- ' Absolutely, I tried to point this out to Walter Smith several times but he became very defensive and said that I needed to understand Scottish footballing culture. He would hear no criticism of Goram and especially Gascoigne who could literally do anything he wanted to and still get away with it! It wasn't just their drinking however, they had some really extreme political and religious views'.

L.B.- ' Could you elaborate on this please?'.

M.N. - ' Of course. They hated Catholics. All of them. I never understood why they were so filled with hatred. Several of us who were Catholic players and all foreigners were told upon arrival, never to bless ourselves at Ibrox as it could cause problems for us. I began to understand that Rangers was an extreme club very similar to Lazio here in Italy. You know, a right wing club with right wing supporters. I personally am not a practicing Catholic but my wife Anna Maria is, and it used to cause me pain when I heard what they said about my fellow Catholics. Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz, just kept quiet and kept their heads down'

L.B.- ' What finally brought things to a head?'

M.N.- ' I was rapidly disillusioned by Rangers and especially their supporters. As part of my professional duties I was strongly encouraged to attend social functions which meant going to several Rangers supporters clubs. The last one I attended really brought home to me the fact that I had nothing in common with these people. The anti-Catholic feeling was venomous and the songs they sang that evening filled me with disgust. It was at that point I decided not to give my all for a club that condoned such behaviour. I went sick. Walter Smith knew the real reason for my 'illness' and he just ignored it. But I wasn't lying, I was sick, sick of Rangers and sick of what they stood for and that is the truth'

Firstly he says " they simply did not want me any more "

then goes on to say " It was at that point I decided not to give my all " " I went sick "

This lad had the potential to become a Rangers great, a legend maybe. I think our Marco has been on the funny fags myself.

shouldnt be posted.........

So, must you have 1000's of "posts" to attend Ibrox these days?

Catch yourself on!

I have yet to hear a Rangers fan say “ I’ve been to more games than you have had hot dinners” especially on RM…that reeks of utter taig to me.

You come across as an utter scrote tbh.

I have yet to hear a Rangers fan say “ I’ve been to more games than you have had hot dinners” especially on RM…that reeks of utter taig to me.

Of course he is, a rangers man would never post this made up shite.

Guys I believe him. End thread and move on.

To OP what pub u drink in on KP?

Last time I was in the area would have been the night before the taigs game. Started in the District, round to The Louden then into the hall next to The Blue Star where the entertainment was provided by a flute band from Pollockshaws as I remember. £1.50 a drink.

Strange places for a " bheast " to be drinking eh?

Cheers Bro.

Last time I was in the area would have been the night before the taigs game. Started in the District, round to The Louden then into the hall next to The Blue Star where the entertainment was provided by a flute band from Pollockshaws as I remember. £1.50 a drink.

Strange places for a " bheast " to be drinking eh?

As long as its not the Stanley bar. Next home game pop into the red lion for a beer

As long as its not the Stanley bar. Next home game pop into the red lion for a beer

Last time he was in the area yet he gives his location as kp! More chance of me and you having a swally in bairds than this chancer ending up in the red lion