SFA sponsors

Just sent this to Kate Miller at William Hill - Public Relations

Dear Ms. Miller,

I am contacting you to draw your attention to the situation within Scottish Football whereby the National Association (SFA) are in the process of imposing unfair, punitive measures against that country, and indeed the worlds most successful football team, Rangers FC.

Many neutral observers have confirmed what all supporters of the club have suspected for some time now, which is that the SFA have embarked on ongoing processes to limit the clubs ability to emerge from an administration process and to impose sanctions which will hinder their chances of success in coming years should they emerge from that process.

You will be aware that William Hill sponsor the Scottish Cup and are sponsors of the Scottish Football Association.

Given that association's apparent desire to see the downfall of their biggest and most succesful club I will now, as secretary of my supporters club, be urging all of our members to desist from using any of William Hiill's facilities, either online or in betting shops as we can no longer support anyone who funds an organisation which is seen as intent on destroying our club.

I will also be circulating this e-mail to the hundreds of other Rangers Supporters Clubs in the UK urging them to do likewise.

Regards

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got his back from Wiseman, I cant realkly understand his emails. Is he asking me a Q.

Our contract with the SFA has reached the end of its term, as outlined in the note below.

What is your stance on supporting an SFA programme which encourages thousands of children to play football, including children who support Rangers?

Graeme Jack

Communications Director

ROBERT WISEMAN & SONS LIMITED

Registered Number: 87376 Scotland

Registered Office: 159 Glasgow Road,

East Kilbride, Glasgow, G74 4PA

just got his back from Wiseman, I cant realkly understand his emails. Is he asking me a Q.

Tell the cheeky bastard that his question is irrelevent, and that while they are no longer sponsors of the SFA we will boycott them anyway for their lack of empathy or understanding!

The fight back begins.

As much as McDonalds Aust is probably a different franchise to the UK. I will boycott their products here and look into these other sponsors and boycott any of them who have an Australian connection. WATP.

Ive just sent this to Graham Sharpe, William Hill. Edit to suit.

Graham,

It is unfortunate that your organisation should have to bear the brunt of a boycott of any kind through no fault of your own. However we, as supporters of Glasgow Rangers, are left with no choice but to take action into our own hands in defending our Club, which in this case is a boycott of all sponsors of the SFA (Scottish Football Association), including William Hill.

I would therefore request that you cancel my account forthwith. You will soon be aware that this is to be a boycott in substantial numbers.

Rangers Football Club is in a very precarious place at the moment, in that we are in administration, with liquidation looming large on the horizon if we don't get a prefferred bidder in the next few days. Duff & Phelps, the Club administrators, were working flat out to achieve that this week. Part of this is obviously trying to 'sell' the Club to potential buyers. On the eve of that decision the SFA decided to sanction Rangers Football Club with a fine of £160,000 and a YEAR LONG BAN ON SIGNING ANY PLAYERS. Needless to say the 'preferred bidder' process is now in turmoil.

The administrators have described the SFA's actions and timing as "incomprehensible and draconian". They are trying to kill our Club off for WHATEVER reason when we are down and seemingly indefensible. We believe that as long as we have the best fans in the world in the vast numbers we have, we will always be the last and impenetrable line of defence. I hope you can understand why we are taking this action.

Regards

Loyal member of the Rangers family

(tu) Gonna email all these sponsors the now.

Registered office

William Hill

Greenside House

50 Station Road

Wood Green

London N22 7TP

UK

Tel: +44 020 8918 3600 (main switchboard)

Lyndsay Wright

Director of Investor Relations

Tel: +44 020 8918 3602

Email: ir@williamhill.co.uk

Media

Graham Sharpe

Media Relations Director

Tel: +44 07803 233702

Email: gsharpe@williamhill.co.uk

let Graham or Lyndsay know a boycott is on the way!

www.facebook.com/williamhillsports Thought Id add William Hill Facebook page so we can also post on the wall feel free to add other Facebook pages of the sponsors if you know any (tu)

www.facebook.com/williamhillsports Thought Id add William Hill Facebook page so we can also post on the wall feel free to add other Facebook pages of the sponsors if you know any (tu)

Where can you post on the facebook page, I tried to post but couldnae???

Where can you post on the facebook page, I tried to post but couldnae???

On there wall or send them a message/pm mate (tu)

reply with:

Dear sir,

That is neither answering the question or relevant to the context.

However, i have no problem with a young person's football initiative.

Please can you email me the response to my original question and answer this new one:

How do you feel supporting an organisation which is about to ruin a nations entire footballing structure?

I look forward to hearing from you.

How about calling Sky and ESPN saying we will boycott them aswell.

the sfa will benefit to the sum of 16million pounds from the new sky tv deal which at this moment remains un signed therefore i think sky tv should recieve our biggest boycott i would gladly donate my subscription money to rangers as i dont miss this money

The campaign begins:

sent email, 5 mins ago

due to you sponsoring the SFA. An association run by bigots who are intent on damaging my club Glasgow Rangers. I will be no longer using your online site and will be staying clear from your bookmakers. Please be aware this stance is and will be taken by thousands of Rangers fans. Our supporter groups are printing of flyers for our next home game telling our fans (50,000 each home game) to stay away from your premises.

James

Get prints done, put on every william hill bookmakers wall outside, get flyers done for all Rangers fans at Ibrox, If a rangers fans group takes this up I will happily pledge a donation to help funds the thousands of flyers.

another email back from Robert Wiseman

We used to sponsor an SFA programme called Street Football which gave thousands of children and young people by the chance to play the game. We don't now. Our sponsorship contract was for two years and that has ended.

Their name can be taken of the list.

To whom it may concern.

I would like to inform you, as a clubcard holder for over 6 years, i will not be shopping in any of your stores, or any other service tesco provide.This is due to tesco banks involvement with the scottish football association.

Recent decisions the SFA have made against Rangers F.C, have made me question any company that attaches itself to any such organisation.

I would like to inform you I would normally spend £50-£75 per week on groceries, and will be shopping elsewhere whilst Tesco continues to support the SFA.

This is a stance i believe the majority of Rangers fans will be taking.

Sent this to customer.service@tesco.co.uk.

Maybe not the best grammar, but puts my point across.