SFA sponsors

brilliant email.

What you mentioned there, about your Dad, I'm not ashamed to admit that one of the things I'm worried about is not getting to take my kids (when I eventually have them!) to Ibrox for the first time. Whoever takes that opportunity away from me will most certainly pay for it. :21:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry that you are not happy with our response on this, but I am afraid that me and colleagues have nothing further to say on this matter.

Thank you once again for contacting us.

Kind regards

Sian Hackwood

Tesco going all quiet, keep the pressure up bears

reply from Tesco

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your e mail about our involvement with the Scottish FA. I am writing to give you details of the Tesco Bank Football Challenge.

Tesco Bank, as part of the wider Tesco business, takes its community responsibilities seriously.

Over the past two years, we have developed a Community Investment programme aimed at promoting the health and wellbeing of young people across the whole of Scotland. To make a difference to the lives of as many children as possible, we partner with a range of organisations who share our aims. This includes partnerships with the National Galleries of Scotland and The Reading Agency.

As part of this commitment, we have developed the Tesco Bank Football Challenge alongside the Scottish FA.

Since it kicked off in September 2010, the Tesco Bank Football Challenge has developed into a successful and popular grassroots sports programme, involving over 30,000 boys and girls aged 6 – 8 years from primary schools in every local authority in Scotland.

We are delighted with the feedback on the programme from Tesco customers, schools, parents and, most importantly, the children participating in it. As a result, Tesco Bank has committed to take forward the programme, in partnership with the Scottish FA, over the next 2 years so even more children can benefit from its physical and educational aspects.

Thank you for contacting us.

Kind Regards

Sian Hackwood

Tesco Customer Servic

Oh well no more Tesco for me then :crabflute:

Just recieved the exact same email from them. Didnt expect much more, but at least weve gave them the chance before we take our money elsewhere.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am sorry that you are not happy with our response on this, but I am afraid that me and colleagues have nothing further to say on this matter.

Kind regards

Sian Hackwood

Who the fuck would word an Email like that?

Jesus Christ that was awful reading :anguish:

Guest Andypendek

Dear Sir/Madam

Kind regards

Sian Hackwood

'Me and colleagues' should sign up for night school to learn how to write. To have that level of illiteracy as your public face is staggering. Still, it sounds like something the no doubt lovely Sian has been told to say, so that suggests the boycott subject is making waves at more than just the cretin-who-mans-the-email account level.

Yes I think they are taking notice.

Everyone should send a couple of emails to any of the sponsors or partners they give custome to, only takes a few mins which could make it difficult for the SFA.

Reading on various forums and sites it seems to me we are very disorganised and split up into various groups with no clear direction.

***REPLY FROM GREAVES SPORTS***

Andrew,

I understand the feelings you have over Glasgow Rangers Football Club, but I’m sorry that you feel the need to punish a local independent retailer who works hard to make a living and keep people in jobs.

As you know as a customer, we are a family business – not a national chain with shops on every high street in the UK. We are a Glasgow business with a history providing work to local people and supplying sports goods to young and old throughout the years.

The events at Rangers have hurt enough people in recent months with many good folk having their livelihoods put on the line, it’s a real pity a local business like ours should be dragged into it through decisions we have no control over and which are nothing to do with our business.

Yours sincerely,

Sandy J. Greaves

Managing Director

Guest Andypendek

A fair and reasonable response from Sandy Greaves. But there's an easy solution - announce either the cancellation of their deal with the SFA (unlikely since it would impact on their non-Bear support) or let it be known that due to controversy outwith their control, they won't be renewing it.

A nice reply from greaves, but the question needs asked how can they sponsor an organisation that

1. The Independent Panel of Rangers FC Directors raised huge doubts about Craig Whyte's ability to run the club on a financially sound basis yet the SFA chose not to intervene, why?

2. Why did the SFA not investigate when they said they had suspicions before Christmas rather than wait until the club went into administration?'

3. Why did the SFA persisted with this case while the club was not in a position to adequately defend itself?

And in the words of our manager

Rangers Football Club was a victim of what happened during the tenure of Craig Whyte. The club was not an accomplice, a co-conspirator nor a perpetrator of wrongdoing.

'We suffered from it and still are.

So why punish us further, have we not been punished enough?

The hidden agenda is there. They want transparency yet dont give it when its Rangers... WHY?

for that reason I will walk by greaves store, until they withdraw their support for that biggoted bunch!

A fair and reasonable response from Sandy Greaves. But there's an easy solution - announce either the cancellation of their deal with the SFA (unlikely since it would impact on their non-Bear support) or let it be known that due to controversy outwith their control, they won't be renewing it.

Aye, i was thinking the same. Sponsors have a responsability to their shareholders aswell.

Good thought out reply from Greaves , although Sandy could come out and tell everyone that their sponsorship deal was already in place , and that they do not support the stance the sfa have taken , thus they will be having talks regarding future deals .

So Sandy , until this mess is sorted , greaves wont be getting my money for two pair of predators a year along with a couple of strips ( which this season were man city away and hamburg home ) , also three j lindberg polos , start counting mr greaves :anguish:

Guest Andypendek

"The events at Rangers have hurt enough people in recent months with many good folk having their livelihoods put on the line"

The more I read that Greaves reply, the more it sounds like a Rangers fan who's been caught in the crossfire. There may be a case for an exception to be made here, but of course that's up to each individual fan.

This is why I'm crap at being a commie, too soft.

I have met Sandy Greaves at a Derek Parlane Dinner in the Thistle and the Hall of Fame Dinner in the Hilton. A relative of mine has on occasion got Greaves Season Tickets for Ibrox so he may well be in an awkward position. Would say he has our clubs interests at heart and would bet on him being a blue nose (wouldn't bet in a William Hills though!)................

sportscotland is aware of the situation facing Rangers Football Club and hope that the long-term future of the club can be secured. Our investment in football is, and will continue to be, targeted at developing quality football opportunities for all communities in Scotland and not support for the professional game. The decisions taken by the SFA relate to governance of the sport and it would be inappropriate for us to intervene.

Regards,

Nick Henderson

Who the fuck would word an Email like that?

Jesus Christ that was awful reading :anguish:

I received the same E mail. Below is my response...............................................

Hi Sian,Once again, thanks for your reply. I must say Tesco's stance on this matter doesn't surprise me one bit. However, I am somewhat surprised at the wording of your e mail. I would have expected better from a Customer Services member of staff, of one of the UK's largest companies.

Regards

:lol:

I received the same E mail. Below is my response...............................................

Hi Sian,Once again, thanks for your reply. I must say Tesco's stance on this matter doesn't surprise me one bit. However, I am somewhat surprised at the wording of your e mail. I would have expected better from a Customer Services member of staff, of one of the UK's largest companies.

Regards

:lol:

And her next reply. it does look like we're causing them some problems though.............................................

Hi *******

I sorry that you are not happy with the responses that you have received, but due to the current publicity surrounding this, I am unable to address any specific points or concerns raised.

I appreciate that it is frustrating and under normal circumstances I would be more than happy to provide you with an in depth and detailed response. However, on this occasion we are under instruction from the corporate press office.

Once again, thank you for contacting me.

Kind regards

Sian Hackwood

Tesco Customer Service

RE: Response from R.Wiseman

Robert Wiseman has been recently purchased by Muller(of yogurt fame) so the chances are any previous advertising and sponsorship from R.Wiseman will be reaching an end anyway,so basically the Wiseman reps response was a cop out.