William Hill Message To Staff

Creampuff

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

imo, sending individual emails wont go very far, if im being compeltely honest if i were director at hills getting a couple of hundred emails from angry rangers fans id probably just bin them without giving them any credability.

This, amongst many other things I would imagine, is why you are not a director of a company such as William Hill….

For those that don't know - William Hill is the SFA's "official betting partner" I believe Ralf Topping ( William Hills top dog) sits on the SFA/SPL board.

He is the SPL Chairman. He is also my dad's cousin but doesn't speak much to the family. If I could I would give him a personal call and let him know I closed my account. (tu)

I dont think that boycotting william hill will hurt them as much as we really could do. We should all put £50 (quite a lot, I know) on a really obvious single bet (e.g. Stoke v Arsenal). Arsenal win is a great bet at 10/11 so if we all do it then we can hit them for hundreds if not thousands and then donate the money to the Rangers fund after we take our original £50 back. Then they might take notice. Strength in numbers. Of course theres always a risk we may lose that money but its something im willing to risk for the sake of my club.

This was the message I sent to Graham Sharpe this morning:

Graham,

It is unfortunate that your organisation should have to bear the brunt of a boycott of any kind through no fault of your own. However we, as supporters of Glasgow Rangers, are left with no choice but to take action into our own hands in defending our Club, which in this case is a boycott of all sponsors of the SFA (Scottish Football Association), including William Hill.

I would therefore request that you cancel my account forthwith. You will soon be aware that this is to be a boycott in substantial numbers.

Rangers Football Club is in a very precarious place at the moment, in that we are in administration, with liquidation looming large on the horizon if we don't get a prefferred bidder in the next few days. Duff & Phelps, the Club administrators, were working flat out to achieve that this week. Part of this is obviously trying to 'sell' the Club to potential buyers. On the eve of that decision the SFA decided to sanction Rangers Football Club with a fine of £160,000 and a YEAR LONG BAN ON SIGNING ANY PLAYERS. Needless to say the 'preferred bidder' process is now in turmoil.

The administrators have described the SFA's actions and timing as "incomprehensible and draconian". They are trying to kill our Club off for WHATEVER reason when we are down and seemingly indefensible. We believe that as long as we have the best fans in the world in the vast numbers we have, we will always be the last and impenetrable line of defence. I hope you can understand why we are taking this action.

Regards

Loyal member of the Rangers family

I have just email willam hills to tell them that neither me nor my hubby will be useing them again i did use you first paragraph as a bit of a template hope you don't mind :craphead:

Just emailed William Hill with a similar letter regarding my cancellation and that I wouldnt be back (unfortunate but SFA etc etc etc .......)

(It was worded better ... honest , just cant be bothered going back into to Hotmail sent folder and copying & pasting :craphead:)

Anyway ..... I received this ......

Thank you for your query.

Your question has now been received and we will reply as soon as

possible. Should you wish to update your question, please enter your

reply between the lines below.

With regards,

Customer Services

William Hill plc