SPL Fan Survey - Important

Fury

Bears,

I know everyone is busy with action against the SFA but something else needs to be brought to people's attention. Yesterday a group called SPL Surveys (splsurveys.co.uk) presented a survey to Neil Doncaster of the SPL ahead of their meeting on sanctions vs RFC on Monday.

This survey is being held up as independent as you can see from this story on STV today. http://local.stv.tv/coatbridge/news/sport/304809-fans-threaten-spl-boycott-if-rangers-newco-is-given-free-pass-into-league/

It is nothing more than a stitch up. Over 40% of the respondents were Celtic fans. Only 2% were RFC fans.

Nobody supports a newco but this survey has been formulated to ensure that Doncaster is pressured into the heaviest possible sanctions against our club. Once again Celtic fans are showing that they are more interested in us than they are in their own club.

We have to make it clear to Doncaster that we know this survey is a sham. If we don't, then expect him to be standing in front of the press on Monday telling us they reacted to the wishes of the SPL clubs fans.

Email addy is enquiries@scotprem.com and neildoncaster@scotprem.com Let's make sure we are not complaining after the event on Monday. Make your feelings known now.

It's just been confirmed by a journalist on Twitter that the SPL "have taken it seriously enough to listen". They have had a meeting with Doncaster. We need to make our feelings clear on this now.

TBH, it's the most contradictory survey I've ever seen! And the figures PROVE its anti-Rangers bias.

The "fans" don't want a Rangers newco in the SPL, but 61.06% DO NOT agree with the SPL's proposed sanctions?? doh<cr>

That makes as much sense as a tissue umbrella in a rainstorm!!

That this survey has been presented to Doncaster enough that he'll take it seriously at this point in time is hugely fucking worrying. Incredibly poor from STV, who have been by far and away the best sports reporters in the country for a year or so now.

That this survey has been presented to Doncaster enough that he'll take it seriously at this point in time is hugely fucking worrying. Incredibly poor from STV, who have been by far and away the best sports reporters in the country for a year or so now.

STV have amended their story after pressure to make it clear the survey is not independently verified. IT is not their fault - the point is we have to let the SPL know we won't accept them acting on this type of information.

STV have amended their story after pressure to make it clear the survey is not independently verified. IT is not their fault - the point is we have to let the SPL know we won't accept them acting on this type of information.

That's a minor point in relation to the damage that this survey can do. I agree though that at least they've changed their wording is a good thing, however if Doncaster et al saw this yesterday before that change, then it makes hee-haw difference now.

Nobody was contacted. You just had to go to their website, vote and confirm your email address. There were 16,500 responses.

CFC fan sites ran campaigns to get people to respond. Anyone could say they were a fan of any club. Nothing is verified. You remember when Alex Thomson got his fans views and there were a bunch of Tims pretending to be Clydebank fans!? This was an internet campaign and if we don't act there is a real danger the SPL will take it seriously.

That's a minor point in relation to the damage that this survey can do. I agree though that at least they've changed their wording is a good thing, however if Doncaster et al saw this yesterday before that change, then it makes hee-haw difference.

STV did not run the survey. It was a Hibs fan on the internet. STV are just reporting it and the meeting with Doncaster. The survey is a total sham, hijacked by Timmy and presented to the SPL as independent.

STV did not run the survey. It was a Hibs fan on the internet. STV are just reporting it and the meeting with Doncaster. The survey is a total sham, hijacked by Timmy and presented to the SPL as independent.

Do the SPL know this?

E Mail sent.................................

Dear Mr Doncaster, It has been brought to my attention that your recent Fans' Survey is somewhat flawed, for the want of a better description. Should the SPL go ahead with their plans for further sanctions on Rangers FC, I will be setting up a co-ordinated approach to the SPL's activities by, hopefully, thousands of fans of Rangers FC and neutral football supporters in which the details of this survey will be made public, and a concerted effort by all will be made to ensure that the SPL suffer financially at the hands of such football fans. I'm sure you will no doubt be aware that we, as fans of Rangers FC, and indeed, Scottish Football, have already started with our campaign against various companies and businesses who sponsor the SFA. The SPL will suffer the same treatment should they be found to be dealing with our club in an unjust manner, and not inline with their treatment of all other Scottish clubs. I trust you will take the above into consideration if and when your Association decide to impose further sanctions on our club.

Kindest Regards

(A very, very concerned fan of The Rangers FC)

Do the SPL know this?

The SPL met with the people who ran it. They took it seriously enough to meet them. It's been presented to them by those people as independent. A normal organisation would do their own homework on the results and the source but do you think the SPL will? I suspect more likely they will use it as justification for whatever action they feel like taking.

E Mail sent.................................

Dear Mr Doncaster, It has been brought to my attention that your recent Fans' Survey is somewhat flawed, for the want of a better description. Should the SPL go ahead with their plans for further sanctions on Rangers FC, I will be setting up a co-ordinated approach to the SPL's activities by, hopefully, thousands of fans of Rangers FC and neutral football supporters in which the details of this survey will be made public, and a concerted effort by all will be made to ensure that the SPL suffer financially at the hands of such football fans. I'm sure you will no doubt be aware that we, as fans of Rangers FC, and indeed, Scottish Football, have already started with our campaign against various companies and businesses who sponsor the SFA. The SPL will suffer the same treatment should they be found to be dealing with our club in an unjust manner, and not inline with their treatment of all other Scottish clubs. I trust you will take the above into consideration if and when your Association decide to impose further sanctions on our club.

Kindest Regards

(A very, very concerned fan of The Rangers FC)

Got an email address? We all should fire off one of those.

The SPL met with the people who ran it. They took it seriously enough to meet them. It's been presented to them by those people as independent. A normal organisation would do their own homework on the results and the source but do you think the SPL will? I suspect more likely they will use it as justification for whatever action they feel like taking.

This is very, very worrying.