Champions League Rule Change ?

I think, once the 4 teams are through to the semis, all yellow cards should be wiped, everybody on a clean slate for the semis.

This would make the final better, making it a better game, as the best players will be playing. Better for UEFA in there tournament too.

We have Ivanovic & Meireles missing it for Chelsea. Terry but that's through his own stupidity, although I am sympathetic towards him.

Badstuber missing for Bayern if they make it, not sure about anybody else.

Not sure about Madrid.

Also seems unfair on the players.

Thoughts Bears ?

I think, once the 4 teams are through to the semis, all yellow cards should be wiped, everybody on a clean slate for the semis.

This would make the final better, making it a better game, as the best players will be playing. Better for UEFA in there tournament too.

We have Ivanovic & Meireles missing it for Chelsea. Terry but that's through his own stupidity, although I am sympathetic towards him.

Badstuber missing for Bayern if they make it, not sure about anybody else.

Not sure about Madrid.

Also seems unfair on the players.

Thoughts Bears ?

why?

i think everyone will agree. Its an old argument that always turns out with the old &

'players wont give a fuck and start kickin fuk out each other, diving, time wasting etc.

I think what would work better would be starting from start with the yellow catds from the last 16 onwards. That woould mean you would have to average a yellow every 2ng game to miss the final. If thats what u average in 6 games, then tough shit.

I hate that yellow cards get counted, you should only be banned for a game if you receive a red card imo, and even then you should be able to have it appealed if it was clearly never a red.

Terry's last night though, acted like a complete and utter tosser so he'll rightly be treated like one.

UEFA are cutting off their nose to spite their face with the present rules. Referees are not slow in giving out yellow cards these days so to ban a player for two yellows is really ridiculous. They cant even be appealed.

IMO, a one game ban should be given if a player receives 4 yellows from the last 16 onwards. 2 yellows (sending off) in a game also one game ban and a straight red a two game ban.

Referees are not slow in giving out yellow cards these days so to ban a player for two yellows is really ridiculous.

Referee was bloody slow in handing out a yellow card to one Munich player tonight.

Referee was bloody slow in handing out a yellow card to one Munich player tonight.

Gustavo, yes, but he wasn't hesitating to book Alaba in the 5th minute , give a penalty against Munich and make him miss the Champions League Final for a very harsh handball decision.

As much as I would want to see the change & drop cards for the semi finals your providing players to get booked for free & get away with it. Just for example if you knew you where on a booking & you lost the player you where marking who was going for a tap in but had a chance to trip him up you wouldnt do it due to the yellow card been on the back of your mind but then on the other side if the yellow card freebie was in place your getting an advantage to trip him up, no goal scored & basically no punishment on yourself? so for this reason I cant see it changing...

UEFA are cutting off their nose to spite their face with the present rules. Referees are not slow in giving out yellow cards these days so to ban a player for two yellows is really ridiculous. They cant even be appealed.

IMO, a one game ban should be given if a player receives 4 yellows from the last 16 onwards. 2 yellows (sending off) in a game also one game ban and a straight red a two game ban.

I agree with this. So easy to get booked they need to revise the threshold.