Lawwel Exposed

Tiger Shaw

I'm becoming more and more in favour of Div 3. This article has just made me more convinced... yes we'd be fucked but we are either way and at least this way Celtic will be crippled too, assuming the TV deal is renegotiated....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's not true.

Will we have smaller crowds? Will we have a poorer standard of player? Will we have a decrease in sponsorship and tv money? Will we have a realistic chance of European qualification?

If it is thrust upon us, fair enough, we will have to deal with it, but to choose that move has no logic to iy whatsoever.

Surely you can't discount logic being part of a process that would see us voluntarily go to the SFL? As for going through strength to strength, well we would. If a club is in the 3rd Division and go to the 1st then they will be 'stronger'.

When you say it is 'thrust upon us' you have to be clearer about what that implies: if you are saying if we are sent their then ok; but it could be thrust upon us in other ways also.

Also, the means by which Craig Whyte acquired the ability to invest in Rangers is legally being contested; why is the club being prejudged as acting improperly?

I'm becoming more and more in favour of Div 3. This article has just made me more convinced... yes we'd be fucked but we are either way and at least this way Celtic will be crippled too, assuming the TV deal is renegotiated....

They would still be getting more t.v money than us.

I would really love to see someone try and tell us what's so great about the third division without mentioning Any other club or the SPL.

For every REAL pro someone will give me I reckon I could give 2 cons.

Should we be different when penalties are handed out if we fold, is it fair to get preferential treatment because it suits other clubs of we stay so they can bask in our demise?

They would still be getting more t.v money than us.

less than they would have budgeted for though, and we all know they are playing it fairly high risk just now. And in any case we'll be getting less if we're docked 75% in the SPL...

Should we be different when penalties are handed out if we fold, is it fair to get preferential treatment because it suits other clubs of we stay so they can bask in our demise?

OOops... You said other clubs.

But okay I take your point. By the letter of the law IF we fold we should be moved to div 3. But, don't you think it's a godsend to be aloud back into the SPL. For the club to grow and prosper with the help of extra revenue for OURSELVES. Rather than being more concerned with trying to financially cripple other clubs but to do what's best for us and try and financially stabilise the club.

We need to be thinking what's best for us rather than what's worst for everybody else.

less than they would have budgeted for though, and we all know they are playing it fairly high risk just now. And in any case we'll be getting less if we're docked 75% in the SPL...

But what about our money. Do you honestly think it's better for us to not get any at all just so they can get less than what they budgeted for?

Where's the sense in that?

I would really love to see someone try and tell us what's so great about the third division without mentioning Any other club or the SPL.

For every REAL pro someone will give me I reckon I could give 2 cons.

It would be a change from the SPL, and we would become the first, and only, club to win all 4 Scottish divisions.

It would be the right thing to do if we were liquidated and there could never be any accusations of being a "glory hunter".

Our clubs infrastructure could be rebuilt from the bottom up, giving us a couple of years to prepare for returning to the big time with a fully functioning club, and commercial department etc.

We could use the whole situation to our advantage, for example, offering the smaller clubs a financial deal whereby they forfeit home advantage at their tiny wee grounds (which couldn't hold all the Bears who wished to see the games) for a share of a much larger crowd at Ibrox. The extra revenue generated from these "away" fixtures would help not only the wee clubs, but would mean extra revenue for Rangers, as there would be more matchdays at Ibrox.

I'd continue, but I feel that its pointless, as folk are either prepared to bite the bullet, or they're not. Nothing I say will change that.

OOops... You said other clubs.

But okay I take your point. By the letter of the law IF we fold we should be moved to div 3. But, don't you think it's a godsend to be aloud back into the SPL. For the club to grow and prosper with the help of extra revenue for OURSELVES. Rather than being more concerned with trying to financially cripple other clubs but to do what's best for us and try and financially stabilise the club.

We need to be thinking what's best for us rather than what's worst for everybody else.

I know lol noticed when I posted, pure gutted bout that ;)

.....and then what? The SPL would collapse without us, so what exactly would we be aiming for?

Who gives a fuck if the SPL collapses without us - we'd not be in it when the financial shit hits their fan.

Do some on here actually think that the other SPL chairmen want to see Rangers recover and regain our status as THE top team in Scotland?

Of course they don't - but they would like us to play in their little self-serving league and bring along all the goodies that come with us - like a large travelling support - a Sky TV deal - league sponsorship, etc.

Without us they are fucked. They know it - we know it.

Resign now - apply for admission to the SFL (Div 3) and let the SPL chips fall where they may.

What do they think they can do to us? Fine us? Aye very good. Good fucking luck getting that paid. They have no control over the SFL - fuck the lot of them.

In truth - what the fuck have we got to lose?

We've got nothing left to lose. :angry:

Let's get off our knees and regain our dignity.

Let's sever all links with that bastard Murray and his administration lapdog Whyte ("duped" my arse)

It would be a change from the SPL,

Right this doesn't count, haha

and we would become the first, and only, club to win all 4 Scottish divisions.

But I suppose this would be a nice wee accolade to put on our CV.

It would be the right thing to do if we were liquidated

If your talking about saving face, then okay but I would still much rather be in the top flight.

and there could never be any accusations of being a "glory hunter".

Weed out the glory hunters. Never been accused myself anyway.

Our clubs infrastructure could be rebuilt from the bottom up, giving us a couple of years to prepare for returning to the big time with a fully functioning club, and commercial department etc.

Your talking as if we don't already have the best infrastructure in Scotland.

We could use the whole situation to our advantage, for example, offering the smaller clubs a financial deal whereby they forfeit home advantage at their tiny wee grounds (which couldn't hold all the Bears who wished to see the games) for a share of a much larger crowd at Ibrox. The extra revenue generated from these "away" fixtures would help not only the wee clubs, but would mean extra revenue for Rangers, as there would be more matchdays at Ibrox.

Great Idea.

Obviously we would lose out on a helluva lot of money if we drop down to the 3rd, but our required outgoings to win at that level would be miniscule in comparison to what they are now.

If we stay in the SPL, we still lose out on a great deal of money we are currently used to (75% reduction in SPL money plus no Euro money) but would, at least, want to try and remain competitive.

We would probably struggle to break even while being competitive in the SPL under proposed sanctions but could be profitable (if even 10,000 fans per week turned up) as we rise through the league structure. 3 years as a profitable business, with hopefully a young, talented squad with plenty of game time under their belts may see us in a better position to challenge in the SPL in 3 years time.

I'm sure that I have missed the point. What is Leggat actually proposing, that we go to the 3rd division? I'd really get excited about that in the depths of winter, cancellation after cancellation because of unplayable parks, no undersoil heating down there you know.

I also think that he gives PL far too much credit, making him out to be some kind of puppeteer, pulling the strings of the rest of Scotland. He isn't even that popular amongst his own support.

Every time I read one of Leggat's articles, I end up confused, due to his lack of consistency, he changes his message more often than a lib dem candidate at election time.

I'm sure that I have missed the point. What is Leggat actually proposing, that we go to the 3rd division? I'd really get excited about that in the depths of winter, cancellation after cancellation because of unplayable parks, no undersoil heating down there you know.

If we struck a deal like the one I suggested, we'd not have to worry about unplayable pitches. Ibrox would be used for a matchday EVERY weekend, which would obviously generate more revenue for the club.

:pipe:

I also think that he gives PL far too much credit, making him out to be some kind of puppeteer, pulling the strings of the rest of Scotland. He isn't even that popular amongst his own support.

Every time I read one of Leggat's articles, I end up confused, due to his lack of consistency, he changes his message more often than a lib dem candidate at election time.

A valid point, so, Rangers being the new kids in town, so to speak, might have to put up with such issues for the first year - but, being as we'd be the largest club in the lower divisions maybe, just maybe, some of the SFL chairmen would sit up and listen to some suggestions we might have that could increase revenues all round and, in turn, give a better product on the park whilst doing so.

Yes - I'm talking about summer football.

These clubs who cannot afford under-soil heating might not be so opposed to summer football as it would bring them benefits for the long term.

A: Reduced overheads. No need for floodlights on long summer nights. No need for undersoil heating.

B: Larger crowds. More folk liable to show up in the better (shirt-sleeve) weather of the summer months than would on a cold/wet day in January.

As for TV money - who knows - maybe some TV company exec might think it smart to cover a football league that would be the only-show-in-town (sorry) during the football-free summer months.

And, if as hoped, we climbed up all three divisions in three seasons and looked to be promoted to the 'new' top league in Scotland (does anyone think a Rangers-free SPL would survive three seasons?) then we would look back knowing that we'd done a good thing for these smaller clubs long term.

Put simply, if Rangers were not even thinking of entering the lower leagues I'd suggest that this is a road they should travel down.

Winter football is dying on its arse in the lower leagues.

People used to go hail, rain or shine because that's all they had for 'leisure'.

The world of 2012 is nowhere near the world of the 1950's or 60's.

Guest Andypendek

Jeez, that's a good point. Summer football, never thought of that. There's a real chance to change things here, but at what a price.

I can't get my head round whether it's the right thing to do or not.

Jeez, that's a good point. Summer football, never thought of that. There's a real chance to change things here, but at what a price.

I can't get my head round whether it's the right thing to do or not.

There are those in football (Gordon Smith for example) who banged the drum about summer football for years. Gordon, unfortunately, didn't have enough 'friends' (he was of the wrong religion) at the SFA during his time there to put anything into action. Talk to him today he'll sing the same song.

This winter just passed was mild compared to the last two (one a record-breaking cold spell) but a future of burst pipes and frozen pitches looms large for all the leagues in Scotland.

In our moment of crisis, if (and it's a big if) we did go down the leagues and let the SPL fester in its own Rangers-hating shit we'd be a mover and shaker amongst the minnows.

I'd suggest that a move to summer football would benefit all the clubs involved.

I like the voting for the 9-3 as a parting gift.

That made me laugh.

If Rangers do depart the SPL it doesn't really matter ... the club that replaces Rangers would be one of the "diddy clubs", so unless they took a place under the condition of voting with Celtic then the 10-2 could remain and Lawwell would still lose.

Surely you can't discount logic being part of a process that would see us voluntarily go to the SFL? As for going through strength to strength, well we would. If a club is in the 3rd Division and go to the 1st then they will be 'stronger'.

When you say it is 'thrust upon us' you have to be clearer about what that implies: if you are saying if we are sent their then ok; but it could be thrust upon us in other ways also.

Also, the means by which Craig Whyte acquired the ability to invest in Rangers is legally being contested; why is the club being prejudged as acting improperly?

Whatever Whyte did when purchasing the club has no bearing on what SFA rules we were guilty of breaking. Why people keep trying to separate the two is a mystery to me. Does every member of a club have to act improperly before the club is deemed to be guilty?