What's our chance's ?

dj_blitze

I'm just wondering what our chances would be of joining the English league? i've heard a lot of noise about it over the last few weeks and in my opinion i think we should give it a shot if its viable.

what would be needed in order to join the English leagues in our worse case scenario?

Ive always wondered what it would take for us to ultimately join the english leagues, surely there must be a way if the likes of swansea and cardiff can compete in english football?

They did so before the current rules were implemented. No clubs can play in countries that they do not reside in unless under extreme circumstances. ie. they cannot play in their own country for some reason.

its not as bad a s people think.

the board of the english football league have made it clear that they will not entertain any proposal of a team from another country, without the backing of the FA.

so in our case, we'd need the SFA/SPL to give consent and support us moving. They obvioulsy won't do that, it spells the end for Scotish football.

and i understand englands take on this, it's almost like the transfer of a player, you can't "tap up" a player under contract from another club.

imo, i think the EFL would welcome us in league 2.... you all see how they react to getting the prem teams in the FA cup draws, they know how much it means to them financially.

the only way we can get in is if we aren't a member of the SPL/SFA and then it goes to vote after we apply. We would have to liquidate, and form a newco that has no licence for the SFA/SPL/SFL. Then we'd be free to apply where ever, and it goes to a vote.

They did so before the current rules were implemented. No clubs can play in countries that they do not reside in unless under extreme circumstances. ie. they cannot play in their own country for some reason.

its looking like that for us no?