Final Old Firm of 2011/12

scottyc06

Old Firm weekend is fast approaching and can be the perfect opportunity to provide us with some light relief from the current day to day knock downs we seem to be getting!

We've been not bad of late and go into the game on the back of a comfortable 3-0 away win at an often tricky destination! Without our skipper in the team young Rhys McCabe should continue in his role of play maker and if he steps up like he did in the previous old firm we should be in for a treat! As well as McCabe, fellow youngster Andy Little bagged himself a double on Saturday and we could be looking to him again on Sunday to provide the fire power needed to get past the bheggers! Whether McCoist is to play a lone striker or not is yet to be seen, however I think McCulloch will have a big part to play in the outcome of this game whether playing up top or in a midfield role! Add these players to a solid defence and the attacking presence of Aluko and I firmly believe they are there for the taking!

All in all, I'm sure this group of lads know the importance of the result and with the ever loyal backing from the TRULY greatest fans in the world I can see us coming out on top with a 2-0 win!

'We Don't Do Walking Away'

Predictions?

Well said OP. Good to see a thread actually focussing on and talking about a football match for a wee change. (tu)

It would be extra sweet to put another one over them despite our problems and I think there is every chance we can and will take at least a point from this one.

Lee McCulloch with with a late winner would do nicely. :pipe:

Well said OP. Good to see a thread actually focussing on and talking about a football match for a wee change. (tu)

It would be extra sweet to put another one over them despite our problems and I think there is every chance we can and will take at least a point from this one.

Lee McCulloch with with a late winner would do nicely. :pipe:

Aye I think the goings on have taken everyone's minds off of this game, obviously, but at the end of the day this is what we're fighting for.. The chance to watch our team in games like this! Bring on Sunday, a skelping on the park and in the stands!! :)

It was fanatsic when we beat them at Ibrox and would just love for us to do it again on sunday, but i fear because of everything going on it will be a farce. I predict our players getting sent off, everytime we get into the box, offside is called, if we get a goal, it will be called off just like the time lee wallace got that goal and it was disallowed. Tackles will be flying in, we will get at least one player injured and the ref will do nothing. I just hope for osme luck for us, and a great victory, dont we at least deserve that.. :praise:

0-1 Goian header.

No matter what the result I think this season has been good for us in terms of old firm performances.

I'd give my right arm for that. To end the season in which the tarriers are "champions" and we beat them 3 times and on the other occassion denied a goal when the ball had clearly crossed the line. The world would know who the real champions were.