Manchester 2008

WilliamFyfe

Ahh that day. 14th May 2008, Rangers UEFA Cup final. Oh and the small matter of my 18th that day!

After the game in bitterness i complained it was the worst 18th anyone could have. But looking back it truly was the best 18th anyone could ask for!

Also got a gumshie from a wee burd, under a Union Jack flag of mine before the game! Thought i'd share that.

Was in the Piccadilly gardens when the screen failed :(

Same here. Fucking nightmare. I recall camping a few miles outside manchester. What should have been a great union of bears turned into a complete shambles. Wee neds lobbing bottles at the horses and the rest of us taking the charge as they fucking bolted

I remember paying a ridiculous amount for a ticket, driving up in the afternoon, listening to 5 live telling everyone how much fun it all was, and confused because there was no traffic anywhere near the stadium, parked really close, but thought I was in the wrong place until I saw a few bears to follow, turned a corner, and there it was.

Atmosphere inside the stadium was so positive, even in defeat, the fans applauded the Zenit players (who were just better than us, especially Arshavin) and I left the ground feeling disappointed, but proud of the boys, and then heard about the trouble as I was driving home later and was just puzzled to be honest.

Haven't seen that video in ages! cheers mate. I remember being so sloshed before the match walking to the stadium with the corteo of zenit fans trying to drown them out with follow follow but by fuck they were organised and noisy :lol:

That day will live with me for the rest of my life. I hope at some point in the next 60+years of my life (hopefully) that I get to see another one. Follow follow belting out as the Zenit players received the trophy was special. Drowning out the winners of the trophies fans.

A great occasion. At the game and never saw one bit of trouble at all the whole day and night but was not pubbing it as with my son so maybe thats why. We lost the game to the better side on the night but the experience will live with me forever.

Well said...... Flights tickets hotel etc cost me about 2grand -- still enjoyed the trip and as you say better team won on the night.

Does any have the video clip of 'The Bouncy' at the game where the Zenit fans tried to compete with us. Never forget the Sky commentator "...how dare they take us on" still laugh at that.