Rangers Fans Unite - Hampden March 28/04/2012 - UPDATE PLEASE READ!

Empire

21jq1li.jpg

Rangers Fans Unite call on all Rangers fans to support a march to Hampden Park to be held Saturday 28th April. At Hampden Park, Rangers legend Sandy Jardine will address the fans.

The assembly point for is the Victoria Road entrance of Queens Park. March off is 1.30pm to Hampden where a short rally will be held.

The march and rally are against the unfair, draconian and unsporting punishments meted out to Rangers FC and it’s fans because of the behaviour of Craig Whyte.

We urge fans of all ages to come along and make this a day of protest for the whole Rangers Family. Everyone must rally around at this time of great crisis.

Rangers Fans Unite is an initiative created by fans inspired by the colourful displays of the Union Bears and the Blue Order who have spearheaded the organisation of the march. The march and rally is supported by every fans organisation and website.

CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MARCH AND RALLY.

PLEASE ONLY ATTEND IF YOU ADHERE TO THE CODE OF CONDUCT AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF STEWARDS AND POLICE AT ALL TIMES.

Rangers Fans Unite - Protest Guidelines

Assembly Point: Queens Park, Glasgow – Victoria Road

1. Marshals: There will be protest marshals/stewards clearly identified by their high visibility vests. These are fellow fans; please follow their instructions at all times. They are there to help you and ensure our ultimate aim is achieved successfully.

2. Self Policing: Ensure you uphold the Rangers traditions set by the gallant pioneers, through to Mr. Struth and more recently by our manager Mr. McCoist. Follow any police directions and assist each other to ensure that this is a peaceful protest.

3. Flags and Banners: If your banner would be deemed welcome inside Ibrox Stadium, then it is welcome at the protest. Hard hitting slogans which get our message across are very welcome. Be mindful that any offensive banners/placards could result in their removal, your arrest and the protest halted.

4. Songs: Please stick to clean anti-SFA songs and Rangers songs. Again, if the song is welcome at Ibrox then it is welcome on the march. Be mindful that there will be families in attendance, supporting our club; therefore be mindful of the language used.

5. The March: Please move quickly along the route to our ultimate destination outside the main doors of Hampden. The protest will be dynamic and may obstruct ordinary people going about their normal business – we must do our best not to disrupt them.

6. Be wary of rival fans, should they be in attendance – do not react to provocation, allow the police to deal with any trouble should it arise. The police presence will be there to ensure that the protest passes off safely and peacefully.

7. Alcohol: All participants must strictly follow Glasgow’s alcohol rules – no alcohol allowed within Queens Park, en route to Hampden, or within the stadium grounds.

8. Safety: Please do not bring flares, fireworks or other such devices to the protest as this would jeopardise the march, as well as the safety of your fellow supporters.

9. Dispersal: Upon completion of our protest, please leave the protest area in and around Hampden promptly and safely once instructed by the marshals.

10. The very best of behaviour is expected from all participants, there will be many families with small children in attendance, so please be mindful of that at all times and show respect and due consideration for those around you.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The work that's went on behind the scenes with this has been awesome.

Last nights meeting was brilliant. So many real Rangers men coming together for the love of our club and it was a huge success. Let's hope all the work put in by everyone makes it a success on Saturday also.

Finally, I just want to add that as well as Sandy Jardine taking part on Saturday, there will also be members of staff from Rangers there. Let's not forget that these people are in the worst situation imaginable. Their jobs are at risk here :(

This is a very watered down protest from what I had in mind. It sadly won't change anything and we're taking a step down a familiar street that leads to no changes. For what this shower of bastards have inflicted on Rangers ? A peaceful, light-hearted protest outside their front door doesn't come anywhere close to redemption I'm afraid. Very irritated at how this promising rally has turned sour at the hands of the fans groups interference.

This is a very watered down protest from what I had in mind. It sadly won't change anything and we're taking a step down a familiar street that leads to no changes. For what this organisation has done to us ? A peaceful, light-hearted protest outside their front door doesn't come anywhere close to redemption I'm afraid. Very irritated at how this promising rally has turned sour at the hands of the fans groups interference.

Did you want Wet Wet Wet to play at it?

This is a very watered down protest from what I had in mind. It sadly won't change anything and we're taking a step down a familiar street that leads to no changes. For what this shower of bastards have inflicted on Rangers ? A peaceful, light-hearted protest outside their front door doesn't come anywhere close to redemption I'm afraid. Very irritated at how this promising rally has turned sour at the hands of the fans groups interference.

Not particularly, although the way this protest has been organised it does sound like we're going to a concert.

You have no idea the amount of work that everyone invloved in this has put in. It's very easy to criticise when i'm guessing you have zero expierence of doing this type of thing.

If we went in all guns blazing, what would that achieve exactly? It has to remain in order. We have a Rangers Legend taking part now which will possibly increase the amount of people coming to this. Families will be there also with young children. These children in attendance are the future of our club and their safety is of paramount importance. They have every right to be there.

Look, Saturday is about making a statement. Showing the world, and most importantly Scottish Football that we as a Rangers Support are a very powerful weapon and we have had ENOUGH of lying down and getting shafted up the arse.

Ultimately, these sanctions imposed by the SFA will cost jobs, possibly kill Rangers FC and have a adverse effect on Scottish Football.

If you are more interested in how "watered down" the event has become, perhaps you should just not bother coming on Saturday then?

totally agree m8 peaceful rallys solve nothing.

Everyone involved should be congratulated as this must have been a very difficult protest to get off the ground. Let's hope the first of many and it goes off without a hitch and we can get some political support at the next one. We don't need to give the press any free ammunition so don't react to the provocation from mindless morons.

If this is watered down what precisely is your idea of a demo, tearing glasgow apart and giving the press more ammunition to beat us with?

You have no idea the amount of work that everyone invloved in this has put in. It's very easy to criticise when i'm guessing you have zero expierence of doing this type of thing.

If we went in all guns blazing, what would that achieve exactly? It has to remain in order. We have a Rangers Legend taking part now which will possibly increase the amount of people coming to this. Families will be there also with young children. These children in attendance are the future of our club and their safety is of paramount importance. They have every right to be there.

Look, Saturday is about making a statement. Showing the world, and most importantly Scottish Football that we as a Rangers Support are a very powerful weapon and we have had ENOUGH of lying down and getting shafted up the arse.

Ultimately, these sanctions imposed by the SFA will cost jobs, possibly kill Rangers FC and have a adverse effect on Scottish Football.

If you are more interested in how "watered down" the event has become, perhaps you should just not bother coming on Saturday then?

The statement has been tamed dramatically from what it was originally meant to be when the idea was put across. This is a PR move now, angling for good publicity has achieved nothing in the past. People need to start realising that no matter how much effort goes into 'cleaning up' an ALREADY clean record, our enemies are ingrained in the very fibre of the organisations and bodies who judge us. Our efforts and resources are being drained into the wrong ideas. And CHILDREN may be the future of this club, but they don't belong in situations like this.

What's your alternative? Bust down the front doors, smash the place up?

It will be you who does the jail time! Fact is we want to be allowed to make our point clearly and as close to the SFA headquarters as possible. You start becoming unruly on the march there and the cops would simply block off the route and slowly disperse everyone, making the protest totally pointless.

And believe me, there's fuck all "tame" about anyone who has helped organise this, that's for sure!

4 posts and the OP is the new Messiah have you all checked his status and spelling????

:craphead:

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Slightly ironic as well considering you only have 27 posts...

Well done empire, I hope this turns out to be a success. My sis stays right outside hampden, I'll tell her to get the kettle on :)

Not particularly, although the way this protest has been organised it does sound like we're going to a concert.

This is an 'official' demonstration - in other words, legal.

Given the short notice by the organisers of this event (usually requiring 28-days I believe), that fact alone is worthy of note.

The authorities have gone that extra yard to facilitate this. Rangers supporters have worked their socks off to make this happen.

Those who can be there should make the effort.