Rangers Fans Unite - Hampden March 28/04/2012 - UPDATE PLEASE READ!

Empire

Btw for anyone going try not to turn it into a rabble like the last march from the loudon to the ground, the fans groups were excellent but a lot of the wee tits at the side done us no favours whatsoever! Have heard there will be camera crews following so try keep it civilish

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So the protest is complete when the stewards say so ?

Stop being arsey. If you've ever been involved in organising these type of events then you'd know there is certain verbiage you need to put out in these type of releases. As it is, plod have been quite accommodating, we could have been set up for a whole load of pain tomorrow.

The stewards will be bears from RM, FF etc etc volunteering their service. Why don't you take a bib and do it also?

Stop getting hung up on some wording. I can tell by the tone that you know exactly why this protest has been set up, just appreciate that in the main it has been pulled together I'm the last 48hours.

Look it's fucking simple, the rules are there to ensure that this passes without our support receiving anything but positive press. You know for a fact that the hacks in the media will be looking for the slightest instance of trouble to generate a story and put us in the headlines for the wrong reasons.

Can guarantee those wanting a more volatile protest have absolutely no experience with how they work and how much beaurocracy needs to be overcome before it can be allowed. We've been working our arses off to try and get this all cleared and made legal, so forgive me if I don't really care much about a few folk wanting to be the individualist and not play by the rules or moan about something or other.

The protest will be a success, the message will be heard loud and clear by our enemies. Just get yourself along and support your club instead of sitting at your computer trying to pick holes in the work of Rangers men trying to make a difference.

Step up and pay.

Stop being arsey. If you've ever been involved in organising these type of events then you'd know there is certain verbiage you need to put out in these type of releases. As it is, plod have been quite accommodating, we could have been set up for a whole load of pain tomorrow.

The stewards will be bears from RM, FF etc etc volunteering their service. Why don't you take a bib and do it also?

Stop getting hung up on some wording. I can tell by the tone that you know exactly why this protest has been set up, just appreciate that in the main it has been pulled together I'm the last 48hours.

I know were you are coming from mate was just saying like is this going to go on for long or is it just going to be a short protest were a few fans sing a few songs and there will be a lot who sing fuck the SFA and that's fact but it states in those rules not too.

I know were you are coming from mate was just saying like is this going to go on for long or is it just going to be a short protest were a few fans sing a few songs and there will be a lot who sing fuck the SFA and that's fact but it states in those rules not too.

Bears have had to organise this with very large varying factors. Do we expect 100. Do we expect 10000. Big difference in organisation needed so I'm sure those bears have tried factor everything....while also ensuring no bears get lifted.

Let's not detract from the op.

Should have a flute band leading the line

now I like a sash bash as well as the next man but this is not the image we want going out in front of the media.

The tarriers in the media would have a field day and the point of the protest would be forgotten.

Well done everyone involved. Must have been a helluva lot of work given we were asked to give 28 days notice etc. etc.

Superb! 00000042.gif

Great to see Sandy standing up and being counted as well. His statement the other day was fantastic. Excellent to see him standing right behind it. 00000042.gif

On the record website today it says amongst other things.....

"...But no permission has been sought for a procession. Last night, a Strathclyde Police spokeswoman said: “We are aware of the proposed march and we are in discussions with relevant authorities. We understand the need people have to demonstrate their feelings. However, there is a due process that needs to be followed in terms of a march. Glasgow City Council usually require 28 days’ notice for an application for a procession. But it’s understood this could be fast-tracked if fan group representatives apply in the next 24 hours. No application had been lodged last night."

I am pretty sure celtic have just randomly done 'unofficial parades' so why shouldnt we be allowed to, the comments at the bottom are pretty sick and patronising as well, mostly celtic fans.

I thought this was all just talk until I met a bear earlier this morning who asked if i was going.......I have now cancelled saturdays plans & will be in attendance with the kids, Hopefully we get a strong peacefull message across.

I hear that this has been officially recognized and approval paperwork issued by the council and the police. Strongly aided by Sandy Jardine pushing this. We cant give him enough credit in this instance.

Hear a route change also but nothing too dramatic. Details will come out shortly.