Ticketus

derekweir29

Not sure If I am missing something, but as I read it Ticketus have said they are no longer involved in the proposed takeover with the Blue Knights.

Have they also said that the deal regarding the £27m being reduced to £10m is also off the table?

If that is the case, then IMO it is not great news for Rangers. Ok so Ticketus will pursue Whyte for the money (good luck with that!!!)and then Whyte will insist on his shared being sold to whoever takes over Rangers for the same amount (£27m).

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be anything to do with alot more people wanting us in the third division?

I know this should only happen if we were to be liquidated, but maybe they are thinking if we come out of a CVA and still somehow end up in the third division they would get alot less from the tickets they own and so maybe hunching their bets on getting more in the CVA? I know I am stretching it a bit there.

it means that a CVA is going to be next to impossible as the main creditor (ticketus) could veto any CVA plan and demand the full amount ... i still dont get how we can be responsible for money they gave Whyte when he didnt even own the club!? could i then put septic on ebay and then they would be responsible for paying that person back for money lost ? got a feeling the money they want to sue Whyte lawyers for would have been used to pay ticketus off

I heard they have had positive news that they can get their cash from whyte easier than first thought. (Dont have a clue how) just posting what i was told.

it means that a CVA is going to be next to impossible as the main creditor (ticketus) could veto any CVA plan and demand the full amount ... i still dont get how we can be responsible for money they gave Whyte when he didnt even own the club!? could i then put septic on ebay and then they would be responsible for paying that person back for money lost ? got a feeling the money they want to sue Whyte lawyers for would have been used to pay ticketus off

I heard they have had positive news that they can get their cash from whyte easier than first thought. (Dont have a clue how) just posting what i was told.

nonsense it just adds them to the list their deal with whyte is a bit of a odd one that could be challenged i'm sure as well.

Has anything come out during the court case against Gary Withey. Maybe some double dealing and the ramifications have caused this change of heart.

"The administrators are suing Whyte’s takeover vehicle – the Rangers FC Group – and legal firm Collyer Bristow, who Withey worked for, for the £25million they claim the club would have made.

And in an explosive court hearing yesterday, their lawyers levelled a series of damning accusations, claiming:

● Withey lied about Collyer Bristow having received the cash to fund a takeover of Rangers.

● He forged Whyte’s signature on a letter backing up the cash claims.

● Whyte’s takeover firm and lawyers made up a story about transactions having gone through at the time of their takeover.

● Some of the Ticketus deal money was used by Whyte to pay his lawyers.

● When funding irregularities emerged, Withey “did a runner”.

Mr Phillips told the High Court in London the administrators had been the victims of a “deliberate deception” carried out by Whyte and his lawyers."

From the Record.

Just on the whyte ticketus debt. People are saying he paid off our Lloyds debt with the dosh. I could be mistaken but did the process not go like this...whyte transferred our debt to himself/his company and then the money from ticketus paid off the debt to his own company? Thus the ticketus money technically never paid our debt but his own debt which he removed from us? Therefore ticketus money never ever directly paid our debts.

The first part is true, however it's also true Whyte was nothing to do with Rangers at the time, (I know this sounds simplistic) so I'd imagine that they will now go after Whyte rather than write off the debt or accept a CVA. This is where it gets messy, as Whyte would then probably try & sue us for the 18m he paid Lloyds. I don't see how Lloyds would become involved again....they have their cash and are away into the sunset.

Either Ticketus are content to suck it & see what comes from the CVA, or it's a case of Ticketus V's Whyte, then Whyte V's RFC.

This could be great news for us in the short term, but could lead to further court proceedings in the future, unless Whyte somehow manages to hold onto some sort of holding on the club!

Would LBG not be back if the Deal with Ticketus, was found to be Illegal due to irregularity's with the Takeover case ,and that would mean the Takeover with Whyte would be Null, and Void then that would also mean the Sanctions from the SFA would be unfair, and we would then be back to square one where we would owe the LBG 18 Mill as they would have to give it back to Ticketus.

Christ what a Paper trail this must be for the Admin.

I am sure there has been something going on with all of this in the background though. A lot of shuffling going on .

Would LBG not be back if the Deal with Ticketus, was found to be Illegal due to irregularity's with the Takeover case ,and that would mean the Takeover with Whyte would be Null, and Void then that would also mean the Sanctions from the SFA would be unfair, and we would then be back to square one where we would owe the LBG 18 Mill as they would have to give it back to Ticketus.

Christ what a Paper trail this must be for the Admin.

I am sure there has been something going on with all of this in the background though. A lot of shuffling going on .

No. Lloyds have their money. They won't be expected to hand it back again, even if (by some stretch of the imagination) the takeover does get found to have been irregular (I think we all know that by now anyway :lol: )!!