Bill Miller Bid

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No bid will be accepted, we will get another boot our way on Monday and I still think it's the lower leagues. Sorry for the pessimism but I'm way beyond insanity with all this

Paul Murray did say "we can get this done very quickly", which was the only thing i found strange.

Quite pleased with his interview but did not get that bit as how does he know how long it will take?

If he knows something spill it please, this is killing me

Just cannae see what interest a truck tycoon fae america has in Rangers, that wans fishy as far as I am concerned.

Given what our current Scottish owner - ostensibly a Rangers fan - has done to the club I'm not sure nationality is a valid consideration. At least we know how Miller earned his money.

Having said that, I prefer the offer from the Blue Knights, especially as it involves Kennedy now.

http://www.tv.rangers.co.uk/articles...254024_2752022

DUFF and Phelps, the administrators of Rangers Football Club, today issued the following statement.

David Whitehouse, Joint Administrator, said: "We can confirm this afternoon that we are in receipt of two formal bids for control of Rangers Football Club. Both bids at this stage remain conditional.

"We are in receipt of a bid from Bill Miller whose bid is conditional on securing greater comfort and clarity from the football authorities in relation to sanctions against Rangers. Clearly, the events of last Monday night when the SFA's judicial panel imposed severe and, in our view, unwarranted penalties on the Club had a destabilising effect on the sale process.

"However, since then, Mr Miller's bid team have worked to develop a structure which enables the wishes of creditors to be taken into account whilst ensuring that the Club is taken forward well-capitalised and the requirements of the footballing authorities are met. Mr Miller hopes a solution to all regulatory issues can be found and his team has been in constructive discussions with all relevant parties this week.

"This afternoon Brian Kennedy and Paul Murray submitted a bid which is conditional on a CVA being approved by creditors and we will seek guidance from prominent creditors. It is also conditional on the acquisition of the shares of Craig Whyte in the football club and we have asked for this and other points in the bid to be clarified.

"We note the statement today issued by Ticketus and its withdrawal as a potential partner for the Blue Knights.

"What should be clarified is that neither bid involves liquidation of the football club. In terms of quantum, there are significant differences between the two offers in terms of a prospective return to creditors and approach to future funding and these have to be evaluated. We will provide a further update as soon as possible."