The blue knights

I listened to the radio Scotland podcast this morning, as i often do, and the interview with David Whitehouse was very illuminating.

He categorically called Paul Murray a liar and said his bid was substantially below what even bill Murrays bid was and creditors had said there is no way they would accept it.

On the very same podcast from Friday Paul Murray said he was told he was in the same “quantum” as the miller bid, this too was laughed at by the administrator, again calling him a liar.

I am sure a man of Murrays standing will have documented proof of these discussions and will release it to the press very soon....either that or he has been laughed at and out as a liar on national radio.

Poor Paul....

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the radio Scotland podcast this morning, as i often do, and the interview with David Whitehouse was very illuminating.

He categorically called Paul Murray a liar and said his bid was substantially below what even bill Murrays bid was and creditors had said there is no way they would accept it.

On the very same podcast from Friday Paul Murray said he was told he was in the same "quantum" as the miller bid, this too was laughed at by the administrator, again calling him a liar.

I am sure a man of Murrays standing will have documented proof of these discussions and will release it to the press very soon....either that or he has been laughed at and out as a liar on national radio.

Poor Paul....

GCL - once again I think you are wrong - if PM had something needed saying surely he would be straight on the phone to Mr D Leggat and Mr. 'Geememy' Blazer to get the story out ?

On the very same podcast from Friday Paul Murray said he was told he was in the same "quantum" as the miller bid, this too was laughed at by the administrator, again calling him a liar.

Poor Paul....

Ouch! Now THAT'S what I call a " Haymaker "

I don't want Paul Murray anywhere near us. I just don't trust him.

Amac9 Im with you, dont know why I dont trust him but I dont. On the other hand I think Brian Kennedy has earned himself a lot of credit and I for one would love to see him looking after our club.

GCL - once again I think you are wrong - if PM had something needed saying surely he would be straight on the phone to Mr D Leggat and Mr. 'Geememy' Blazer to get the story out ?

Aye good point, when you have leggo on your side who cares if you are getting laughed at on national radio.... :sherlock:

d&p the guardians of truth and honesty. :lol:

They have been more honest than Paul Murray during all of this but then again that would not be difficult.

You would do well to find anyone in this whole shambles who has been 100%.

Then again we as Rangers fans should be used to this by now I suppsose.

Aye good point, when you have leggo on your side who cares if you are getting laughed at on national radio.... :sherlock:

I can't see the banners being out against souness or WS if rumours are correct (Rumours?? - correct??? - ach I have been to long withoot a fix of RM) but PM will need to initiate a new tactic - Stumping us some actual cash at a level to get a CVA might be a good tactic to employ ?

Paul Murray and The Blue Knights have messed about right from the start. Miller's bid was widely reported as £11.2M which would be split amongst the creditors (after admin fees of course) and so he knew exactly what level of bid was required to be taken seriously. Sadly he doesnt seem to have come close. I think we can forget about their involvement in the future of RFC to be honest

With Bill Miller out, attention turns back to the Blue Knights consortium - led by former director Paul Murray along with Sale Sharks rugby team owner Brian Kennedy. But if they are the only ones left bidding, then they can lower their price.

As they were reported to be bidding only £1.5m, that's already impossibly low if a deal is to be done with creditors.

Is it worth agreeing to one or two pence in the pound, or could there be more to be had from forcing a liquidation, and selling the assets in a firesale auction?

That's the conversation Duff and Phelps have to have with HM Revenue and Customs and with Ticketus, among others. And with the end of the season and of players' temporary contracts looming large, they're running out of time to find an answer.

The creditors will want to know if these new bids are credible, just as we all do.

They may also be asking about the credibility of Duff and Phelps in their management of this process. They're looking ever more like Laurel and Hardy

A few paragraphs from the article earlier this week by Douglas Fraser after the news that Bill Miller had pulled out.I am assuming that it was £1.5 million in addition to the debenture clearance of £7.7 million surely?

"@BBCAlLamont: BK: "We were asked to get to a quantum, which we did, and having been told it was acceptable, we made a written offer..."

"@BBCAlLamont: ...For David Whitehouse to say otherwise is a slur on the character of Paul Murray. Paul doesn’t tell lies.""

"@BBCAlLamont: On discussions over CW share transfer: “I won’t comment. I have a confidentiality agreement with Craig and I intend to respect that.”"