Resign from the SPL now

Given that the SFA and SPL leaders are making life impossible for us to compete on a level playing field with the others in the top league in Scotland, might I suggest that Rangers FC's new owners should consider the implications of this transfer ban and ridiculous fine and hand in our immediate resignation from the SPL and apply for admission to the SFL (3rd Div).

Now before others say that there is a two-year wait for such an option written into the SPL rules, I will counter by suggesting that said rule would only apply to a member club (Rangers FC), we will, I think, most definitely be a 'NewCo' now and therefore those rules do not apply.

Fuck the lot of them....their TV deals....their sponsorships....their gate receipts, etc.

We take our club, our supporters and our entire shooting match into the SFL and, who knows, strike a TV deal of our own (I can't see any SFL chairmen fighting against the idea of more money, can you?).

To many this may seem an OTT reaction, but for me it's the right way forward.

They started this war.....we'll end the bastard. :angry:

PS. If we do this you can bet that at least four of the remaining SPL clubs will be in administration or hovering on same by December 2012.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to me you have hit the nail on the head, our club has a loyal fanbase, i for one would agree with you, we have a right to be were we are an if the lisp control of the SSSpl dont see they need us to generate decent funding they lets do IT. wait for the out come of the CVA then we can destroy the SSSPL.

Would rather start at bottom in England mate and work our way up, Fuck SFA SPL and if we go to SFL we are going to end up in SPL anyway after time so in my opinion i would rather get to Fuck out of Scotland. We have subsidised Scottish football its time to move the decision is a fucking joke Liewell is behind this as it will help there debt problems keeping us down fucking SCUM.

Given they've upheld this, we can expect the same from the SPL over their "punishments".

If that happens, there is no point in remaining in the SPL as we will have no euro football and we'll only get 25% of our income.

The club cannot and should not take this lying down.

It's time to show we mean business and in tendering our resignation from the SPL the other clubs will see the writing is on the wall for them.

Unless we draw a line in the sand, these organisations will keep kicking us.

Make no mistake, if they get away with this, with no reaction, they'll be back with more later. They'll be taking titles off us next.

How far do we let them go before we say enough is enough.

DJ yer 110% on the ball but we should fcuk it up for them, go back to devision 3 an when the time comes to move back up to the SPL tell them to shuv it up there dirtbox. for what they have done to our club.

we as an institute have the right to do as we feel is nessasery but the EPL would not alow us to join in there ranks, rangers an the scum of the east have tryed for year to join an they keep telling us to disperse.

to me you have hit the nail on the head, our club has a loyal fanbase, i for one would agree with you, we have a right to be were we are an if the lisp control of the SSSpl dont see they need us to generate decent funding they lets do IT. wait for the out come of the CVA then we can destroy the SSSPL.

I'm angrier than I've been for a long time but I've also got my controlled 'revenge is a dish best served cold' hat on too and thus, I suggest we retaliate immediately.

Forget appealing this first failed appeal...the outcome will be the same. :mad:

Form a NewCo club, resign and start from scratch in the SFL 3rd Div.

Ibrox won't be filled every fortnight, I concede that, but a hard-core of 25,000 to 30,000 Bears will still be there - ours will be the largest travelling support the SFL has ever seen - and, 3.00pm kick-offs on Saturdays. (tu)

A new TV deal with the SFL (ESPN perhaps?) could bring up any shortfall in crowd numbers....our own sponsors deals (fuck Tennent's and the like...they die with the old club).

As stated - they've started this war, we'll end the bastard. :mad:

Given that the SFA and SPL leaders are making life impossible for us to compete on a level playing field with the others in the top league in Scotland, might I suggest that Rangers FC's new owners should consider the implications of this transfer ban and ridiculous fine and hand in our immediate resignation from the SPL and apply for admission to the SFL (3rd Div).

Now before others say that there is a two-year wait for such an option written into the SPL rules, I will counter by suggesting that said rule would only apply to a member club (Rangers FC), we will, I think, most definitely be a 'NewCo' now and therefore those rules do not apply.

Fuck the lot of them....their TV deals....their sponsorships....their gate receipts, etc.

We take our club, our supporters and our entire shooting match into the SFL and, who knows, strike a TV deal of our own (I can't see any SFL chairmen fighting against the idea of more money, can you?).

PS. If we do this you can bet that at least four of the remaining SPL clubs will be in administration or hovering on same by December 2012.

We can't we must give two years notice.

Read my post again ray - I mention that fact - it would only apply to the existing club (Rangers FC) - a NewCo club has nothing to do with that rule and thus, can tell the SPL to fucking shove it.

I have my doubts.

You and I both, I just cannot stomach my club taking these sanctions and doing nothing about it.

We are bound in chains for x amount of years so that other clubs can remain 'financially sustainable' then they expect our fans to sell out awat gates while this goes on? It makes me sick to the core that we could just accept this as the norm.

Pride of following our team everywhere needs to be swallowed because making a stand may just make our club stronger. We all united when admin was announced so I just pray we can make a similar effort on this front.

dose this rule also apply if we for a "newco"? i still stick by Canadianbacon we must stand tall.

Fcuk it..!! Apply to the SFL, well wait the 2 years play all the games as normal.. but boycott every away game for the 2 years, then head to 3rd devision and do what we do best.

THE WAR ON IBROX HAS BEGUN.. IT TIME FOR US TO GO FORTH AND DESTROY THE SPL.!

Bottom line is, if we go to Division 3, the rest of Scottish football gets fucked, and when we eventually get back to the SPL we're in a league ten times worse than it is just now.

Sounds terrible to me. If we're going anywhere, it has to be England.

Read my post again ray - I mention that fact - it would only apply to the existing club (Rangers FC) - a NewCo club has nothing to do with that rule and thus, can tell the SPL to fucking shove it.

The sfa would I suggest put pressure on the sfl to ensure we did not gain admittance even as a newco, I doubt whither uefa would look upon us favourably either.

We should refuse to pay any fine thus making the sfa make a hard decision, if they were to expel us for refusal to pay that would be a different ball game, we could then apply to the sfl as being expelled (unjustly) we would have bypassed the two year rule.

You and I both, I just cannot stomach my club taking these sanctions and doing nothing about it.

We are bound in chains for x amount of years so that other clubs can remain 'financially sustainable' then they expect our fans to sell out awat gates while this goes on? It makes me sick to the core that we could just accept this as the norm.

Pride of following our team everywhere needs to be swallowed because making a stand may just make our club stronger. We all united when admin was announced so I just pray we can make a similar effort on this front.

Above I said we were taking heed of legal advice by not reacting right away; on another thread there is a statement from D&P, and I think that could be encouraging. I think the legal avenues is where this now has to be played out.

I know it was late, but the silence from Rangers at this makes me wonder if they are taking legal counsel not to do anything right away, but that something will happen. I find that could be interesting.

the silence is there because the club has no structure left, no board, all we have left is mccoist/jardine who must be on the verge of a mental breakdown with what's going on here.duff@duffer are now at the stage where they just want out of this almighty mess.and as for the consortium,watch them disappear like snow of a dyke in the next few days

Above I said we were taking heed of legal advice by not reacting right away; on another thread there is a statement from D&P, and I think that could be encouraging. I think the legal avenues is where this now has to be played out.

Indeed but we as supporters can also do our bit by making those efforts to boycott sponsors, away games ect.

I already know a good few people on board and some well known boys on here who attended awat games willing to make these changes.

legal action will be tossed out like old clothes, they want to make a mug of our club, if we go back to devision 3 we can bring some other decent teams up with us, the league may get better rather than worse as it will ave to be re-structured to accomidate the bheggers.when the other teams die off the teams in devision 3 who pull throught with us get there shot at the title.

Understand the anger and part of me wholeheartedly agrees and actually want to go to 3rd Division. Can't see much sponsor or TV interest in what is left in the SPL.

On the other hand, the next appeal goes to FIFA and lastly to CAS. Would be enormous satisfaction if we can take the cases there and win thus showing up the SFA to a global audience. Could even signal the end of Regan if we do, as not really sure he could survive being publicly shown to being either corrupt or incompetent or both!

Going down the legal route is also the way to go, uefa do not look kindly on member associations who are taken to court by a member club, reference the Sion fiasco with all sorts of threats from uefa and fifa to the Swiss FA.

The sfa should be made aware that we will and would take the legal route, it may focus their mind knowing that Scottish football in its entirety could be banned from euro and world football, a little bit of bluemail wouldn't go amiss it may even get results.

Go on ... I repped you for that - I dont do away games but if this happens I am going to every away ground for the sheer hell of it for the next 3 seasons!.

Going down the legal route is also the way to go, uefa do not look kindly on member associations who are taken to court by a member club, reference the Sion fiasco with all sorts of threats from uefa and fifa to the Swiss FA.

The sfa should be made aware that we will and would take the legal route, it may focus their mind knowing that Scottish football in its entirety could be banned from euro and world football, a little bit of bluemail wouldn't go amiss it may even get results.

I agree with most of that; but it is not to be futile about the Law; the SFA's rules and regs themselves have to be proved right and proper, and on a legal basis they should face the test of scrutiny. If the SFA has a case against Rangers, then let it be examined.