Resign from the SPL now

Put it this way, if you were in a war and were captured by the enemy and you knew they were going to kill you soon but you had one final grenade and knew you could take out many of the fuckers but had to sacrifice yourself would you not use it. I know I fuckin would!

We aren't going to 'die' by staying in the SPL and taking our punishment though? Yes we'll struggle for a season or so, but once the ban is over and we've paid our debts, we'll start to become a stronger force again.

I know people are furious, but I think dropping down to the Third divison should be a last option.

Some people are very doomsday on here. If Green et al have the cash they say they have, we should in turn be fine. It's a matter of taking it on the chin for a season or however long and when we are stronger again we retaliate in the best way this clubs knows - winning trophys!

This attitude of 'bring everyone with us' is pathetic IMO. Two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, the way we've been treated is out of order but personally I don't see the benefit of us going to down to the Third Divison unless it was the final alternative. I really don't see it's got to that yet.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only prob i have with this - and i dont think anyone has mentioned it yet - is the fact of the change in power of the voting system in the spl.

If we are removed from the voting equation and drop down to division 3, then all other spl teams will grab all of the money from the tv deal & europe etc, as they will be able to carry the majority vote which only with both rangers and celtic voting together could break.

So, when we eventually return to the SPL, we might find it to be even less financially viable for ourselves than it was before.

The consequences of us taking this action are huge, and we have to be intelligent and not do it out of anger. We might find ourselves losing our dominance and getting into europe. Yes we have the largest average crowds but who's to say the spl teams couldnt work to get more revenues from the top teams so it will make much less impact how many people come to our games.

Just a thought

I think we're rapidly reaching the point of decision here - and doubtless it will be a monumental decision.

I don't think anyone would argue that we have been punished enough - a 10 point penalty during the season that effectively ended our league title hopes, and a whooping £160,000 fine. So why the need for the 12 month transfer embargo? Simply overkill - or is it much more malign and malicious than that? Personally, I think it's the latter.

Bear in mind we still await the decisions on the SPL's so-called Financial Fair Play proposals which will essentially emasculate us for seasons to come.

I'm not advocating a 'knee-jerk' reaction, but we must now - at the very least - start to consider the options available to us OUTSIDE the SPL.

Fact is they hate and detest us and only want us as long as we can help them deliver a lucrative TV contract and fill their normally empty grounds when we visit.

I've had enough of this! I want to hit the SFA and the SPL where it really hurts. We NEED to consider alternatives now - but we must do so in a thoughtful, considered and measured way and be sure that what we decide to do is not only the right course of action, but one that we can build on and progress to bigger and better things.

OUR IMMEDIATE ACTION MUST BE A BOYCOTT OF AWAY GAMES - how else do you intend to hurt these people who are clearly trying to destroy our club!

Great post and totally spot on with your ideas. Rep from me. (tu)

The sfa would I suggest put pressure on the sfl to ensure we did not gain admittance even as a newco, I doubt whither uefa would look upon us favourably either.

We should refuse to pay any fine thus making the sfa make a hard decision, if they were to expel us for refusal to pay that would be a different ball game, we could then apply to the sfl as being expelled (unjustly) we would have bypassed the two year rule.

Fucking hell Ray, I think you've actually made some good points in this thread (tu)

Also bear in mind, if we drop out of the SPL, some of the consortium will walk away. They want us being actively competing at the top, not working our way up the divisions. Also sure Green mentioned they were waiting to confirm we come out of administration by CVA before coming on board.

We aren't going to 'die' by staying in the SPL and taking our punishment though? Yes we'll struggle for a season or so, but once the ban is over and we've paid our debts, we'll start to become a stronger force again.

I know people are furious, but I think dropping down to the Third divison should be a last option.

Some people are very doomsday on here. If Green et al have the cash they say they have, we should in turn be fine. It's a matter of taking it on the chin for a season or however long and when we are stronger again we retaliate in the best way this clubs knows - winning trophys!

This attitude of 'bring everyone with us' is pathetic IMO. Two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, the way we've been treated is out of order but personally I don't see the benefit of us going to down to the Third Divison unless it was the final alternative. I really don't see it's got to that yet.

You call it a punishment, I however prefer to call it a witch hunt. I do see your point and I don't think we will go to division 3, but at the very least we should boycott all away games, all Scotland games and all sponsors. Surely you agree.

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP..............................BUT...................................why resign?

Why don't we use next season as a breeding league to bring through our young prospects, and MAKE SURE we get relegated?!?!?!?!

This means no lengthy process of resigning and playing out our time in the SPL.

Why go all the way down to the 3rd division when we can go to the 1st?

I can understand and fully endorse the anger displayed by all the posters on this thread.

However I totally agree with The Booler as to the best way of fighting this injustice.

We are never going to England, its been investigated and rejected by the EPL and uefa, so forget that.

If we end up getting out of this with a cva there is a good chance we will lose a lot of our top players Evertons interest in Naismith is just the start.

As booler has said if we use the next season to field a lot of our young players giving them much needed experience in the top flight and yes there is a very good chance we will be relegated to div one.

Chance to rebuild for the next season.

Costing these other shit teams a serious amount of money. Hopefully putting them into admin then we can sit back and rightly demand they are given the same level of punishment as us.

Then back into the SPL clean record, hopefully some serious money behind us.

Get that right up you SFA/SPL and we have done what they have directed. So there can be no complaints.

We need to be clear who our target is for any and all actions we as fans might want or that the club could work towards.

So far ONLY the SFA have hit us with this fine and embargo nonsense, the SPL have nothing to answer for - YET !

So on the SFA we simply deny them our money, NO internationals, NO merchandise, NO sponsors products used or bought and even greater, do NOT enter the Scottish Cup - we have to ask to be in it as a club so we simply do not enter 2012-2013.

Now the SPL have a decision to be made over the likely "Newco" route, IF they expel us then we might need to re-think the Scottish Cup as we will need the SFA to approve the "Newco" into Scottish Football so best not to p*ss on their tournament just yet.

Should the SPL act in self interest as we all suspect that they will, they will "allow" us to retain SPL status but with financial penalties as well as point deduction making us a "spent" force. At this point we should play them at their own game, take the hit and get relegated, in doing so we scupper the TV deal as being bottom 6 we only play the scum 3 times so SKY will go tonto.

Of course we all like the idea of Div 3 and saturday 3pm k.o. yet people then go on to talk about a "new" T.V. deal with RTV/ESPN/YMCA, say by by to Sat 3pm and hello to whatever slot isn't covered by Sky / ESPN !!

So to re-cap my ramblings, SFA - War !.......SPL - hold fire.

You call it a punishment, I however prefer to call it a witch hunt. I do see your point and I don't think we will go to division 3, but at the very least we should boycott all away games, all Scotland games and all sponsors. Surely you agree.

If it doesn't affect Rangers, then I'm all for it.

I'm purely against something that is going to hurt Rangers in the long term.

After all we have been through this season as a club and family i think we have been treated with utter contempt from the authorities that run our game in recent weeks. All the sanctions they are inposing on us not to mention the ludicrous transfer embargo that is designed to clearly disable us in our effort to compete for trophies. There is a large element of our support that wants us to do everything in our power to hurt these people who continue to inflict harm and pain on our club. We as fans will follow the club in whatever course of action it decides to take whether it is all the way down to the scottish third division or remain in the dreadfull spl. But there is one option that we as supporters would love and it would be the prospect of moving south down to the english set up. Now i know this has been spoke about and ridiculed in the past but is there no mechanism for Rangers to apply for league two or even conference as we think this would be a better option than scottish third and would enable the club to foresee a more lucrative and succesfull future in a more attractive set up. We are clearly only wanted for one thing in scotland and that is the money we generate for other teams. They want to hold onto us so we can provide the income to keep other teams afloat while crippling us at the same time so we can not compete on an even keel. Let us not be used in this way as the hatred for Rangers and their fans is getting beyond a joke. We must move our club to better and more challenging environments and we would love as fans just to know we applied in all the LEGALL manners neccesary to get to england. Please please please get us out of this backwater of a league set up that is killing this massive and prestigious club of ours!!!!

I'm angrier than I've been for a long time but I've also got my controlled 'revenge is a dish best served cold' hat on too and thus, I suggest we retaliate immediately.

Forget appealing this first failed appeal...the outcome will be the same. :mad:

Form a NewCo club, resign and start from scratch in the SFL 3rd Div.

Ibrox won't be filled every fortnight, I concede that, but a hard-core of 25,000 to 30,000 Bears will still be there - ours will be the largest travelling support the SFL has ever seen - and, 3.00pm kick-offs on Saturdays. (tu)

A new TV deal with the SFL (ESPN perhaps?) could bring up any shortfall in crowd numbers....our own sponsors deals (fuck Tennent's and the like...they die with the old club).

As stated - they've started this war, we'll end the bastard. :mad:

Constant 3pm away days upto Elgin etc :drool:

:beer1:

How many times do we get kicked when we are down. I am more concerned at the findings of the EBT sceme when that comes out. We may get thrown out all together. What a country. :crabflute:

don't write :shifty: shite

What sort of taig are you, a bum stabber or a taker, just you mentioned shite so you must have experience of it getting pushed back a fortnight. :sherlock:

Somehow I don't think the new owners would be happy with us in Div3, they'd rather be hamstrung for a season, rather than no money for at least 3/4 seasons.

The SPL know that any boycott by us would be futile, we may start off united but like union strikes they eventually fizel out.

Our only hope for next season is to retain the squad we have now and bring in youngsters, then the following season start investing in new players, let the scum have 2IAR they won't get three

At first I was all for div 3 but I think it would be better with a boycott of away games. That would be just as damaging without hurting ourselves. Would the 3rd division have enough money in it to support us and would young guys wanna sign for a 3 div team. What sort of shite would we end up seeing? Plus what if we don't get back up in 3 seasons.

At first I was all for div 3 but I think it would be better with a boycott of away games. That would be just as damaging without hurting ourselves. Would the 3rd division have enough money in it to support us and would young guys wanna sign for a 3 div team. What sort of shite would we end up seeing? Plus what if we don't get back up in 3 seasons.

If Gretna got straight up with a fraction of our support, I can't see us not doing the same.

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP..............................BUT...................................why resign?

Why don't we use next season as a breeding league to bring through our young prospects, and MAKE SURE we get relegated?!?!?!?!

This means no lengthy process of resigning and playing out our time in the SPL.

Why go all the way down to the 3rd division when we can go to the 1st?

Fuck them - if we only went down one division they (the SPL cunts) would reckon we'd only be gone for one season and then promoted - they would try and live with that ("It's only one season...we can manage"! they'd cry) and still hold the high ground. Our dropping three div's would be too long for them to survive without us....they would be begging for us to come back.

No - take it all the way - Div. 3 and fuck the lot of the greedy, devious, backstabbing bastards. :angry: