Good enough players

Ano this transfer embargo is a total joke but I believe that the players we have are more than capable of winning the spl. The only reason we didn't this season was because of all the uncertainty and the point deduction. So..... get the current players signed up on new contracts and bring our title home.

WATP

What doesn't help the situation is guys who don't want to get the battle gear on .............. the same guy who apparently was only one a few who DIDN'T want to take a pay cut.

I hope he is proud of himself as it looks as though he will be leaving yet we can't replace him. And a Rangers fan ......... aye very good.

Lafferty you sir, are a :wanker:

I think if we were to lose maybe one or two people then we are still in with a good shout. The team that played the last few games had what we may call some of the bigger stars missing(davis, lafferty and naisy). If we lost Davis and Lafferty i honestly dont think we would miss them that much.

We just need to make sure we re-sign Aluko, as if we do start to lose players then we are fucked.

Still think a boycott of away team or go to the third division should still be on the card, I know it was the SFA that passed this decision.

All well and good, but there is still a £10m shortfall, no Europe, so unless our new owners are going to stump up the difference and cover it, then we need to lose players or we’ll be heading straight back into administration.

All well and good, but there is still a £10m shortfall, no Europe, so unless our new owners are going to stump up the difference and cover it, then we need to lose players or we’ll be heading straight back into administration.

I'm sure they considered all potential outcomes and solutions before now.

I think our squad could win the SPL if they all stay fit and on form but that's not realistic, i think we'll solidly secure second but they will just be stronger for the full campaign, the last OF game showed that we can't compete with a threadbare squad. However if we manage to keep an in form fit Naismith then who knows how well we can do. A lot of ifs and buts, i think celtc should win but we could win.

Remember that shedding a good few players who were needlessly picking up a wage plus one or two others will dramatically reduce this shortfall ie: Lafferty, Healy, Papac(retired) those 3 alone must be worth a at least a couple of million in wages alone.

Remember that shedding a good few players who were needlessly picking up a wage plus one or two others will dramatically reduce this shortfall ie: Lafferty, Healy, Papac(retired) those 3 alone must be worth a at least a couple of million in wages alone.

Probably about £1.5million. Healy is on a very low basis, with bonus appearance money.

Still and £8.5 shortfall.

Aluko, Naismith, Fleck and Bedoya will be our stars next season and I'm more than happy with that. Ness, McCabe, Davis as CM options is tasty as well. Our first XI is more than capable of winning, the problem is keeping them here and avoiding injuries

I'm sure they considered all potential outcomes and solutions before now.

I think our squad could win the SPL if they all stay fit and on form but that's not realistic, i think we'll solidly secure second but they will just be stronger for the full campaign, the last OF game showed that we can't compete with a threadbare squad. However if we manage to keep an in form fit Naismith then who knows how well we can do. A lot of ifs and buts, i think celtc should win but we could win.

I'm sure they have, and I'm sure it involves eliminating the £10m shortfall. Green has already says that he wants to balance books. Unless there are folk who are willing to pump in £10m a year, to cover this shortfall, then we need to make a massive cut in wages.

Remember we were losing so much money that the players had to take 75% paycuts. That doens't disappear just because we have a new owner, either he/they cover it, or we make big cuts, and he doesn't seem the type who is going to be throwing money at us.