Club responds to tribunal

Blinkers off time, lads. Has anyone here actually looked up the rules, and the punishments due under Section 94.1?

Go on, look it up, then come back and tell me what the maximum punishment is. The Rules are directly linked to from the SFA website page that contains the original ruling.

Personally, and no ill-will against you bears, I think you should take the transfer embargo and run. You got off pretty lightly. At least until the dual contracts case comes up, and then the BTC.

The transfer embargo is actually proportionate, if you think about it. Rangers have had an unfair advantage by registering players they either couldn't afford, or didn't pay tax and NI for (the latter beyond any doubt). So attempting to redress the balance by stopping new registrations for a while is reasonably fair. The Rules allow for discretion in handing out punishments.

And as I say, given that Rangers were hit with the maximum fine, then the maximum sanction could also have easily been applied because it's mentioned in the same sentence - and not as an option, either. If Rangers have any sense, they'll accept the lighter sanction and try to fade into the background a bit for a while. Further appeals will leave no punishment option open but termination of membership.

Good luck - you're really going to need it. How long until Mr Green does walking away?

I do not support Celtic.

:shifty:

Fuck off prick this is a Rangers forum ! ban him admin!!!!

Sorry - bollocks, mate.

You lads should get it out of your head that anyone who has an objective view of this whole situation hates Rangers. We don't. We sympathise with you supporters.

However, sooner or later you're going to have to realise that Rangers did bad stuff and are partway through the process of being punished for it. The punishment so far hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been.

Kicking out against that punishment, simply because you're Rangers, isn't going to help you. The legal situation is watertight - that's why the Appeal lasted only a couple of hours.

Not a Rangers hater!

if you know, point to the section within the protocol that indicates a transfer embargo is a sanction applicable under 94.1...i recognise that 94.1 indicates they can do as they see fit, providing it is within the protocol...i cant find it

It is unbelievable this sanction is still going ahead, if they stretch it out long enough there will be no one left to sign even if the embargo is lifted. It must also be a worry to any potential buyers and delay that process as well.

Vindictive set twats :wanker:

Blinkers off time, lads. Has anyone here actually looked up the rules, and the punishments due under Section 94.1?

Go on, look it up, then come back and tell me what the maximum punishment is. The Rules are directly linked to from the SFA website page that contains the original ruling.

Personally, and no ill-will against you bears, I think you should take the transfer embargo and run. You got off pretty lightly. At least until the dual contracts case comes up, and then the BTC.

The transfer embargo is actually proportionate, if you think about it. Rangers have had an unfair advantage by registering players they either couldn't afford, or didn't pay tax and NI for (the latter beyond any doubt). So attempting to redress the balance by stopping new registrations for a while is reasonably fair. The Rules allow for discretion in handing out punishments.

And as I say, given that Rangers were hit with the maximum fine, then the maximum sanction could also have easily been applied because it's mentioned in the same sentence - and not as an option, either. If Rangers have any sense, they'll accept the lighter sanction and try to fade into the background a bit for a while. Further appeals will leave no punishment option open but termination of membership.

Good luck - you're really going to need it. How long until Mr Green does walking away?

I do not support Celtic.

:sleep1: another jealous fan of another diddy club. Where were folk like you when teams like dundee and motherwell suffering a similar fate? probably chatting to ur net buddies about how sad it was to see their decline.

the punishment is too harsh...i cant remember a club being hit with a tranfer ban...pompey were still signing players this season even when theyd entered admin for the 2nd time. And Motherwell's punishment was nowhere near as bad as ours...pretty sure they were allowed to sign players to replace the ones they sacked.

God its getting boring now, all this signing players u couldnt afford bollocks...man u better hand back Rooney to Everton and Young to Villa. Barca and Real Madrid best do the same. Anyway I assume you support another spl team so again seen as the players you sign and wages you pay are funded by the guaranteed income our fans and TV provide you best get selling... and fast!

R.I.P (Rot in pieces) :wanker:

Sorry - bollocks, mate.

You lads should get it out of your head that anyone who has an objective view of this whole situation hates Rangers. We don't. We sympathise with you supporters.

However, sooner or later you're going to have to realise that Rangers did bad stuff and are partway through the process of being punished for it. The punishment so far hasn't been nearly as bad as it could have been.

Kicking out against that punishment, simply because you're Rangers, isn't going to help you. The legal situation is watertight - that's why the Appeal lasted only a couple of hours.

Not a Rangers hater!

and while your at it, explain to me why rangers have had 10 points deducted, numerous fines, transfer embargo for entering admin, when the SFA have ruled on previous similar matters were teams failed to pay debt and went into admin...did they get punished???? no they fucking didnt

this is why this is so unjust

Sorry - bollocks, mate.

Not a Rangers hater!

Dirty beast.

and while your at it, explain to me why rangers have had 10 points deducted, numerous fines, transfer embargo for entering admin, when the SFA have ruled on previous similar matters were teams failed to pay debt and went into admin...did they get punished???? no they fucking didnt

this is why this is so unjust

Well said (tu)

Doubt he will respond