Out Of Contract Players

I was just wondering, are we able to re sign players that are out of contract. Obviously Aluko is the main one!! If we are allowed to i guess we will probably see another season from the likes of Healy and Kerkar aswell.

Yes

I just cant see how we couldn't sign ÄNY out of contract player.

No way this would stand in a real court.

I would love to see the SFA trying to excuse a player's family a dinner on the table coz bad men maybe done bad things at Rangers and ''apparently'', they all knew, so that makes it worse.

Fucking laughable.

I was just wondering, are we able to re sign players that are out of contract. Obviously Aluko is the main one!! If we are allowed to i guess we will probably see another season from the likes of Healy and Kerkar aswell.

The appeal tribunal made it clear last night that we can resign our existing players

So can we sign free agents? If not then I think European courts would ripe this SFA ruling up given freedom of movement and employment laws.

We can't register any new signings over the age of 18. It's not about transfer fees, it's about registering new players.

It's pretty clear.

We can re sign players currently on our books and any player 18 years of age or younger.

We cannot sign anyother player be it out of contract or with another club.

Somebody in another thread claimed that Aluko's deal runs out on June 1st (no idea whether this is the exact date)

Considering the finalities of the takeover won't happen until a few days after this date, and presuming hence that we cannot offer him a new deal until then, what does the situation become?

Aluko would be out of contract, would it become a rolling deal? Or would he simply be released from the club?

Bit of a grey area

Somebody in another thread claimed that Aluko's deal runs out on June 1st (no idea whether this is the exact date)

Considering the finalities of the takeover won't happen until a few days after this date, and presuming hence that we cannot offer him a new deal until then, what does the situation become?

Aluko would be out of contract, would it become a rolling deal? Or would he simply be released from the club?

Bit of a grey area

I'm not sure but I think the only way they can do it is to say that anyone who was registered at the end of the last window can be registered again during the next two but no-one else (over 18).

Looks to me like this is the season to claw through every youth team in Scotland and take the best players, and then develop them as much as they can to be in a force in the season after.

Said this in another thread. It's shite for next season but in the grand scheme of things, might just be a blessing in disguise. Pick of the most talented kids there are at minimal fees and integrate them into the side early. And hell, if it doesn't work out, at least you've gubbed everyone else's youth systems.

I'd hope that some of the wiser kids would realise that a move to Rangers at this juncture could just make them. There will never have been a greater opportunity to break into a Rangers team

I'm not sure but I think the only way they can do it is to say that anyone who was registered at the end of the last window can be registered again during the next two but no-one else (over 18).

Sorry, don't quite follow. I guess the issue is, even if Aluko's contract runs out, can we retain his registration on some kind of rolling contract for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what would happen. Even if he desperately wanted to stay, it might be that once his deal ends, he HAS to be registered again? Hope not

Sorry, don't quite follow. I guess the issue is, even if Aluko's contract runs out, can we retain his registration on some kind of rolling contract for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what would happen. Even if he desperately wanted to stay, it might be that once his deal ends, he HAS to be registered again? Hope not

My point is that, since the ban is on new registrations, it must be defined in those terms. The last time we had to register players was at the end of the last window so the only way that they can define "current players" versus "new players" is by going back to who was registered at the end of the last window.

My point is that, since the ban is on new registrations, it must be defined in those terms. The last time we had to register players was at the end of the last window so the only way that they can define "current players" versus "new players" is by going back to who was registered at the end of the last window.

But presumably if Aluko went out of contract and then we resigned him after his contract had ran out, we'd have to then register him again, as a new registration? For me, the question simply is, can we retain his registration, even if his deal has expired by a week or two?

But presumably if Aluko went out of contract and then we resigned him after his contract had ran out, we'd have to then register him again, as a new registration? For me, the question simply is, can we retain his registration, even if his deal has expired by a week or two?

Yeah, maybe that's right, but I thought you always had to re-register players at the start of each season.

Yeah, maybe that's right, but I thought you always had to re-register players at the start of each season.

I couldn't tell you to be fair. The crux of the argument is what exactly happens when his deal expires. Do we lose his registration or can we retain it. To be totally honest, the way our club has conducted its business over the last couple of years, I'd be concerned about whether anyone at the club would know the answer to this question

I couldn't tell you to be fair. The crux of the argument is what exactly happens when his deal expires. Do we lose his registration or can we retain it. To be totally honest, the way our club has conducted its business over the last couple of years, I'd be concerned about whether anyone at the club would know the answer to this question

If we have to re-register players each year regardless then there's always a break in the registration. They can't say you can re-register McCulloch after a day's break but not Aluko after 2 weeks' break. That's why I was thinking they'd need to go back and see who was registered at the point when they put the ban in and just class them all as OK. But it's all speculation obviously so that's the last I'll say on it.

If we have to re-register players each year regardless then there's always a break in the registration. They can't say you can re-register McCulloch after a day's break but not Aluko after 2 weeks' break. That's why I was thinking they'd need to go back and see who was registered at the point when they put the ban in and just class them all as OK. But it's all speculation obviously so that's the last I'll say on it.

Surely they could say that though if Aluko's contract is up. Somebody's contract being up must make it a different circumstance to a player who is still contracted to the club

Surely they could say that though if Aluko's contract is up. Somebody's contract being up must make it a different circumstance to a player who is still contracted to the club

This might be taken as saying that they don't treat them differently:

In particular, the Appellate Tribunal recognises that the Disciplinary Tribunal decision does not affect Rangers’ ability to extend the contracts of existing professional players, including those whose contracts will expire at the end of this season