Making a boycott appealing

I previously mentioned in a thread that I was considering setting up a website to help bears centralise efforts to boycott SPL sponsors.

In short, this was a website that listed the SPL sponsors and beside each offered the names/locations of alternatives with discount codes and other incentives wherever possible.

With the rejection of the appeal, I will now definitely be making this site with a view to going live a few weeks in advance of next season.

I also wanted to add a calendar feature which could offer bears alternative activities on away days. I wanted to find out what kind of things might encourage bears to observe an away game boycott - so your input is greatly appreciated.

For example, we could do a groupon style deal section for Gers pubs around the city on away days. Or, even better, we could petition Mr. Green to open up Ibrox and screen away games for a £5-£10 charge.

EDIT: I should point out that I don't go to away games, so I understand if the regulars disagree with me and I'll take all feedback on the chin.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I previously mentioned in a thread that I was considering setting up a website to help bears centralise efforts to boycott SPL sponsors.

In short, this was a website that listed the SPL sponsors and beside each offered the names/locations of alternatives with discount codes and other incentives wherever possible.

With the rejection of the appeal, I will now definitely be making this site with a view to going live a few weeks in advance of next season.

I also wanted to add a calendar feature which could offer bears alternative activities on away days. I wanted to find out what kind of things might encourage bears to observe an away game boycott - so your input is greatly appreciated.

For example, we could do a groupon style deal section for Gers pubs around the city on away days. Or, even better, we could petition Mr. Green to open up Ibrox and screen away games for a £5-£10 charge.

Excellent idea there. Please get your web site up and running as speedily as possible. It would act as a focus for the boycott and unite Rangers fans around the concept with activities to fill the 'void'.

The proposal to screen away games at Ibrox - if possible - would be an excellent way of harnassing the fans support whilst also financially supporting the club.

The last suggestion is the best, no one at the away game and ibrox with maybe even 20-25000 at £15 a head, this would really hurt them all where it hurts them most, the pocket, and can you imagine the exposure from sky and other european stations, it would be really something, and it would keep the pressure on reagan for a whole season

Film shoot with Bogtrotters. ;)

The last suggestion is the best, no one at the away game and ibrox with maybe even 20-25000 at £15 a head, this would really hurt them all where it hurts them most, the pocket, and can you imagine the exposure from sky and other european stations, it would be really something, and it would keep the pressure on reagan for a whole season

I very much agree with both of you about the screenings. Do we all think a petition to Green would be the best way to proceed? If we can get 5,000 or so names saying they would attend a screening, it may levy the pressure.

I can set up a petition page by the weekend, but it might be more effective as a page on RM. What do we think?

If the games are played under the jurisdiction of the SPL who will be contractually bound to the TV company there is no way a beam back would happen.

This is a great point - I wonder if there is a workaround or loophole?

I think a boycott can only work if bears can still watch the games, so it's really about having communal areas to watch the game and get a few other incentives that weren't there before. It might sound a bit old fashioned, but we could do things like send signed merchandise prizes out to Gers pubs and sell raffle tickets (with the money going to the RFFF/charities or even just the bar owners).

Don't think a beam back would be allowed by SPL. How about the club putting on reserve, under 19's etc. at same time as away games. Charge a couple of quid for entry. Or would the wear and tear on the pitch be too much?

Don't think a beam back would be allowed by SPL. How about the club putting on reserve, under 19's etc. at same time as away games. Charge a couple of quid for entry. Or would the wear and tear on the pitch be too much?

My concern with this idea is that everyone will still want to watch the games.

Scottish football does not want you nor does it need you. I genuinely hope you do not buy tickets for the away grounds so you can keep your bile and hatred away (look through various threads on this forum and you will see exactly what I'm on about - racist, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic comments etc), Did you know that average home attendences actually dropped when the old firm come calling??

Teams who have been relegated from the SPL have survived so there is no reason why any club in the SPL wouldnt survive either. To say otherwise is just nonsense, most clubs run with 1 year deals therefore players would be released and clubs would be forced to play youth from their academies, in the long term it can only be a good thing.

Please, do all of us a favour and carry out your threats.

And as for your motto "Dont do walking away", its laughable, theres barely 5,000 left in ibrox come the 75 minute mark!!

Great idea for the website (tu)

i'm sure the likes of Burger King would be happy to put a click through add to generate a "Blunose voucher" rather than bears us Mcd's

None of the sponsors of the SFA have a monopoly on their market so a link to either neutral or beneficial alternative is easily achieved.

Even better is that with a web portal such as this you can quickly show the SFA sponsors exactly what they are missing out on ie 10k BK link, 5k the NON-Greaves sports link etc

As for "beam back" - to be honest it wasn't great the first time round and numbers weren't big. The other aspect is that Rangers would need to pay the club/SPL extra cash for the rights to broadcast which defeats the purpose. BUT...opening Bar72 and paying SKY for a "Pub License" would be exact same idea but at no benefit to the "home" team.

But even then who is going to commute to Ibrox to watch a game on tv that something that they can do in the house for less money if not free.

Scottish football does not want you nor does it need you. I genuinely hope you do not buy tickets for the away grounds so you can keep your bile and hatred away (look through various threads on this forum and you will see exactly what I'm on about - racist, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic comments etc), Did you know that average home attendences actually dropped when the old firm come calling??

Teams who have been relegated from the SPL have survived so there is no reason why any club in the SPL wouldnt survive either. To say otherwise is just nonsense, most clubs run with 1 year deals therefore players would be released and clubs would be forced to play youth from their academies, in the long term it can only be a good thing.

And as for your motto "Dont do walking away", its laughable, theres barely 5,000 left in ibrox come the 75 minute mark!!

Ok doesn't need us at all mate :rolleyes: . We don't pay Dunfermline for one game and they can't pay their players wages! You seem to be forgetting that like Rangers, budgeting for the UCL income and having a squad that suit this, SPL teams budget for the income from Rangers and Celtic fans when they come calling. You sir are deluded. Us boycotting away games would kill off at least 2-3 clubs in this league.

Your opinion that clubs won't die was backed up with a theory on youth players and the example of relegated teams. This is your opinion to have and I can only disagree.

However, your claims that we are racist, xenophobic etc are completely unfounded and you have no right to that opinion. You represent the classic ignorant casual observer who gets all their 'facts' from newspapers. If you spent even 1 hour researching the figures, you would realise this is sensationalist and far from the truth. I am a true Rangers fan, and completely open and accepting of people from all walks of life.

Also, I can guarantee your 5,000 fans at 75 minutes comment is laughably inaccurate. You will never win an argument by simply lying.

The last thing you are dead wrong about, is that we CERTAINLY do not do walking away.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is facing fresh court action over unpaid tax.

HM Revenue and Customs has given the Edinburgh club eight days to pay a tax bill or face liquidation.

It is the fifth time in recent years that the club has faced legal action over unpaid tax.

That is the best supported team outside the Old Firm, with our fans and TV deal, how will they cope without

either ?

Heart of Midlothian Football Club is facing fresh court action over unpaid tax.

HM Revenue and Customs has given the Edinburgh club eight days to pay a tax bill or face liquidation.

It is the fifth time in recent years that the club has faced legal action over unpaid tax.

That is the best supported team outside the Old Firm, with our fans and TV deal, how will they cope without

either ?

And yet still no call for them to have a transfer embargo placed upon them! Was this not a while ago mate?

LOL at "Peddler"

Home attendances are somehow "higher" without the Rangers, seriously ? So "home" fans don't go to games when it is Rangers or celtc they are playing what a fool.

School exam time isn't it - away and get an education and stop exhibiting "wee man" syndrome.

Peddler of lies by the looks of things.

I dont think you have been to a game in your puff given your comments.

Great idea for the website (tu)

i'm sure the likes of Burger King would be happy to put a click through add to generate a "Blunose voucher" rather than bears us Mcd's

None of the sponsors of the SFA have a monopoly on their market so a link to either neutral or beneficial alternative is easily achieved.

Even better is that with a web portal such as this you can quickly show the SFA sponsors exactly what they are missing out on ie 10k BK link, 5k the NON-Greaves sports link etc

As for "beam back" - to be honest it wasn't great the first time round and numbers weren't big. The other aspect is that Rangers would need to pay the club/SPL extra cash for the rights to broadcast which defeats the purpose. BUT...opening Bar72 and paying SKY for a "Pub License" would be exact same idea but at no benefit to the "home" team.

But even then who is going to commute to Ibrox to watch a game on tv that something that they can do in the house for less money if not free.

Great comments Maxi. Thanks for the input. I agree completely with the idea of keeping a running total of lost revenue. A big counter next to each sponsor which reads "£150,000 lost" would be impactfull.

Away and peddle your shite at the peado dome

Away and fuck yourself ya f****n bastard.