Islam Feruz

Craigie79

I like the OP's idea - a lot. (tu)

If Chelsea were prepared to loan him to Rangers then I think we would be nuts to turn the offer down and I also think a move to The Rangers for a season on loan would be fantastic for the players development - so everybody wins - Rangers ,Chelsea and the player himself.

Yes , he is very young but our situation is unique and there are few young players around with his level of ability. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. (tu)

We'll still finish 2nd anyway.

Feruz, no matter how good he is, is far too young to be playing week in week out. Chelsea wouldnt send him up here as this environment could be detrimental to his development. They'd prefer him to sit in the youth team for another season, then ship him out on loan to a league 1/2 side where theres no pressure.

If we can keep the majority of this squad we i'll be expecting us to win the league never mind 2nd place.

Feruz will be 17 in September(going by hisofficial age anyway :lol: ) that's welll old enough, you just have to look at what Lukaku was doing at Anderlecht as a 16 year old.

Aside from him winding them up I don't like this guy. His attitude is unpleasant. I'm glad he hasn't become a fully paid up member of the Celtic love-in, but this guy sums everything that is wrong with the modern, vastly overpaid footballer.

Aye he does seem a bit of a cunt but he is still a young boy plenty of time for him to mature.

Aside from him winding up I don't like this guy. His attitude is unpleasant. I'm glad he hasn't become a member of the Celtic love-in, but this guy sums everything that is wrong with the modern, vastly overpaid footballer.

Point taken (tu) and there was a time I would have agreed with you 100% but times change. Let's face it - a huge number of modern players are less than pleasant human beings ( Roooooooooney ) and we have had a few c****s at our club in the past - so why cut our noses off to spite our faces?

He's young and immature. Given time and the proper advice , encouragement and support he might become a better person as well as a better football player. (tu)

Because it give there players a chance to develop at a competative level, not every team will go for the idea but ex players who are now managers might to help the club. Sir alex, frank deboer etc or ex players like gattuso could suggest the idea to managers. If we get a good ceo I dont see why they couldnt get this in place. Their is also a possibility that we could become a feeder team so that a big club gets first dibs on players like jelavic and we get their best under 18s on loan.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to pay a transfer fee for under 18s?

:anguish:

If we can keep the majority of this squad we i'll be expecting us to win the league never mind 2nd place.

Feruz will be 17 in September(going by hisofficial age anyway :lol: ) that's welll old enough, you just have to look at what Lukaku was doing at Anderlecht as a 16 year old.

It could go either way them sending him up here. Operating in this 'fish bowl' environment, with the added pressure of him being ex celtic, he'd be a massive worry.

How many players have chelsea sent us in the past?

Just because the fans have an affinity, is nothing to do with the clubs.

They have directors and coaches, who decide where youngsters go on loan.

It could go either way them sending him up here. Operating in this 'fish bowl' environment, with the added pressure of him being ex celtic, he'd be a massive worry.

How many players have chelsea sent us in the past?

Just because the fans have an affinity, is nothing to do with the clubs.

They have directors and coaches, who decide where youngsters go on loan.

Its nothing to do with any Rangers/Chelsea connections.

If we are going forward with a ban of signing players over 18 then a Feruz seems like an obvious choice as a player we should be trying to get.