Lord Nimmo Smith

Adoniram

Written by General Schomberg on Vanguard. Judge for yourselves if he should have presided over our case.

As we know, Lord Justice Nimmo Smith was appointed to oversee the SFA enquiry into our football clubs financial problems and other matters pertaining to same.

On 23 April, Rangers were found guilty of five disciplinary charges brought against them as a result of the 'independent inquiry' into events at the club since Craig Whyte took control in May last year. These included bringing the game into disrepute.

Lord Nimmo, is known to ‘The Sun’ newspaper as ‘Nimmo the Dimmo’ and he is not very well regarded by the rest of the Scottish press either judging by some other editorials.

This stems from his alleged whitewash of the ‘Magic Circle’ enquiry – a Royal Commission in the early 1990's in which it was alleged that gay Scottish judges were not only being regally hosted in Pattaya, Thailand and elsewhere, but were subsequently involved in a ‘sex for justice’ scandal.

At the centre of the scandal was the acquittal of a Scotsman called Gordon May for defrauding Teague Homes of Edinburgh of some £213,000 together with the company lawyer Arthur Colin Tucker.

May was also charged with stealing another £6,700. Both men were acquitted at the Dunfermline High Court.

It seemed a straightforward case. May was a gay director of Teague Homes. A chap called James Lumsden was company secretary. The company even lodged in its annual report that those figures had been ‘misappropriated’ by May and Tucker. But after an exchange between the Advocate General and his Deputy the case was withdrawn and May and Tucker were formally found not guilty. The whole of Scotland, it appeared, wanted to know why.

During this period May and Lumsden turned up in Pattaya and put down over £200,000 on a company called Bodisorn and hence Pattaya’s ‘Boyz Town’ was born – with their flagship enterprises ‘Boyz Boyz Boyz’ nightclub and ‘The Ambiance Hotel’.

In Scotland ‘Scottish Law Reporter’ has blogged:

Gordon May

Clearly in the light of more recent investigations by the Scottish media, reprinted below, the decision to withdraw the prosecution’s case as it hung in court, may have been premature… and, what was not generally known at the time was that several Scottish judges had chosen to invest some of their accumulated wealth in gay clubs in Thailand, where they frequently flew out to visit, seeking sexual relations with the youngest of males.

“In one account made to an enquiring journalist, ‘On one not so fine sunny day, a commercial flight en route to Thailand which, among the passengers was carrying several of Scotland’s first division judges was forced to divert to a Military airbase in Thailand due to the aircraft suffering an lightning strike during a storm. Sitting in the seats were several sweaty Scottish judges worried the incident would become a photo opportunity for journalists who might have rumbled their little boy hunt.’

“It’s easy to remember why these judges were on their way to Thailand, via a detailed investigation from the Sunday Herald newspaper at the time. However, it’s not so easy to come to the same conclusions as Lord Nimmo Smith, that nothing untoward happened in the Scottish justice system and there was no grounds to the Magic Circle affair whatsoever......"

It could be said that this left those who are looking for fair judgement regards Rangers FC and the sanctions imposed, a little worried in relation to the "fit and proper person" angle of this ‘independent inquiry’ held by the SFA......

The article cites a 20 year old investigations, jumps from Nimmo to May and this article is meant to mean what? and why the fk is it in the Bears Den ?

It is bad enough that the SFA are incompetent and riddled with stupidity and flawed process without the conspiratists among us trying to make out this type of shite has some relevance on proceedings!

The article cites a 20 year old investigations, jumps from Nimmo to May and this article is meant to mean what? and why the fk is it in the Bears Den ?

It is bad enough that the SFA are incompetent and riddled with stupidity and flawed process without the conspiratists among us trying to make out this type of shite has some relevance on proceedings!

It's of relevance because Lord Nimmo concluded in the Judges had no case to answer even although there was evidence to suggest members of the Scottish Judicial system were offered and indulged in sex in return for favourable sentencing.

We don't do opening our eyes should be your motto.

Same handwringing crap as per usual.

Next you'll be telling us the SFA were right to hammer us and we deserve everything we get.

No wonder i spend more time away from here than on it.

Next you'll be telling us the SFA were right to hammer us and we deserve everything we get.

How exactly is what he said 'handwringing'? Do you even know what it means or is it just a catch-all term for anything that varies from your rhetoric?

The article isn't relevant to Nimmo's judgement on Rangers or Whyte (I fear the real reason why you've dug this up). Pathetic.

I can see you did not read my post very well (again)

- and if not buying into every conspiracy theory and not looking for 20 years old contrived flaws makes me less of a fan in your eyes then I wont be losing much sleep over it. It may be better for us all if you just stay within your own wee clique of conspiracy theorists where they will fawn on your warped and flawed 'logic'.

Oh and I am 'proud' to be a handwringer - or progressive as I call it - but I dont see why not buying into your ravings is relevant to that particular definition.

It's of relevance because Lord Nimmo concluded in the Judges had no case to answer even although there was evidence to suggest members of the Scottish Judicial system were offered and indulged in sex in return for favourable sentencing.

Judge in finding someone not guilty shocker

- obviously after looking at the evidence 'that suggested' guilt he decided the suggestions lacked proof.

BUT even so - what the fk has this got to do with Rangers?

No it's not relevant that there was widespread 'surprise' that Nimmo managed to clear his own of any wrongdoing.

That doesn't suggest at all that Nimmo could be incompetent/ susceptible to pressure, now does it?

I suppose you think nothing of the personal friendship of Lord Carloway to John Reid either?

Just because people write about conspiracies all the time, doesn't mean there isn't one. Look at how the SPL and SFA have handled things since we went into administration. Then think what other non-biased FA's have done for their clubs, then look at our FA, make sense? Remember who picks these 'independent panels'.

No it's not relevant that there was widespread 'surprise' that Nimmo managed to clear his own of any wrongdoing.

That doesn't suggest at all that Nimmo could be incompetent/ susceptible to pressure, now does it?

I suppose you think nothing of the personal friendship of Lord Carloway to John Reid either?

Just because people write about conspiracies all the time, doesn't mean there isn't one. Look at how the SPL and SFA have handled things since we went into administration. Then think what other non-biased FA's have done for their clubs, then look at our FA, make sense? Remember who picks these 'independent panels'.

I normally stay away from these style of threads and I shouldn't have broke that habit; I'm out of this one.

I normally stay well clear of conspiracy threads as well but I cannot reconcile the actions of the SPL nor the SFA since we went into administration other than a purposeful desire to harm our club.

There has been nothing fair or just about our treatment that I can see.