Charles green statement

CHARLES GREEN today did not indicate that the transfer ban on Rangers will affect the takeover of the club by the consortium he is leading.

The former Sheffield United Chief Executive is spearheading a 20-man group from the Far East, Middle East and the UK who hope to bring Rangers out of administration through a CVA.

Mr Green was well aware of the SFA'S transfer embargo and the possibility that the Appellate Tribunal would uphold that decision last night.

Now discussions will take place over what is the next move for Rangers.

He said: "When we offered to buy the club we realised what the potential was. Last night's announcement was an option we considered when we bought the club.

"We are discussing all the options available to the club."

Mr Green was at Hampden today on pre-arranged meetings with both SFA chief executive Stewart Regan and SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and said the discussions were positive.

He said: "It's the first time I have met the SFA and the SPL and the meetings went very well. Clearly it was important to speak to them and introduce myself.

"The questions they were asking were the obvious questions - what our intentions are, where we plan to go.

"We achieved quite a lot. We spoke to members of the SFA's board and executive members of the SPL and I think it has been a very productive afternoon.

"I think that we are happy that everyone is positive in looking at what is the best for Rangers and for the SPL."

CHARLES GREEN today did not indicate that the transfer ban on Rangers will affect the takeover of the club by the consortium he is leading.

The former Sheffield United Chief Executive is spearheading a 20-man group from the Far East, Middle East and the UK who hope to bring Rangers out of administration through a CVA.

Mr Green was well aware of the SFA'S transfer embargo and the possibility that the Appellate Tribunal would uphold that decision last night.

Now discussions will take place over what is the next move for Rangers.

He said: "When we offered to buy the club we realised what the potential was. Last night's announcement was an option we considered when we bought the club.

"We are discussing all the options available to the club."

Mr Green was at Hampden today on pre-arranged meetings with both SFA chief executive Stewart Regan and SPL counterpart Neil Doncaster and said the discussions were positive.

He said: "It's the first time I have met the SFA and the SPL and the meetings went very well. Clearly it was important to speak to them and introduce myself.

"The questions they were asking were the obvious questions - what our intentions are, where we plan to go.

"We achieved quite a lot. We spoke to members of the SFA's board and executive members of the SPL and I think it has been a very productive afternoon.

"I think that we are happy that everyone is positive in looking at what is the best for Rangers and for the SPL."

<cr> <cr> <cr> <cr> <cr>

This guy needs seriously educated on our bigoted football authorities. ANYTHING you tell regan will be relayed to liewell ffs. That wanker Regan CANNOT BE TRUSTED. <cr>

I suspect that Mr. Green is pretty street-smart and has probably informed himself of the situation in Scotland.

Green's not daft - the SFA will have got to know all HE wants them to know, nothing more. I'd like to know what little tidbits he got to find out though. He seems a tough c*** so i can imagine one of the things he might have mentioned would be his backing of the fans regarding a boycott and how much it would deny the other clubs financial stability. I hope so anyway.

This guy needs seriously educated on our bigoted football authorities. ANYTHING you tell regan will be relayed to liewell ffs. That wanker Regan CANNOT BE TRUSTED. <cr>

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!

Whatever he really thinks he must keep to himself!

I think it would be a bizarre one if he would have agreed to take Craig Whyte's shares and everything else he has done, whilst Rangers are banned from signing players, but simply since the appeal has been turned down he would have lost interest.

He would have been an idiot to think there's not a chance the ban would be upheld, and I doubt he would have paid the money he supposedly has if he was going to pull out if the ban wasn't overturned

The talks went well to me says the SFA/SPL are satisfied he isnt got any other motives,, if it was the talks went badly then they would NO DOUBT be trying to bring in a rule to declare him not a fit person to takeover a member team of their corrupt organisation.

Let the guy get his feet under the desk first before he does anything,, until everything is official and in place and sadly been given even their green light he is NOT in a position yet to do anything major

:crabflute:

Green's not daft - the SFA will have got to know all HE wants them to know, nothing more. I'd like to know what little tidbits he got to find out though. He seems a tough c*** so i can imagine one of the things he might have mentioned would be his backing of the fans regarding a boycott and how much it would deny the other clubs financial stability. I hope so anyway.

Were it me, I would have said something along the lines of .......

"clearly we are concerned about the impact of any boycott on other Scots clubs and we are willing to work with the SFA to find solutions which can limit any damage. However, the transfer ban is going to make it very difficult for us to mollify our support and we will need the SFA to work with us on that issue".