Transfers

Dutch paper linking them with Huntlarr - would be a cracking signing but I think it's probably just unsubstantiated speculation, you know how papers can be.

Borini was 10-11 million im sure, and I think Roma had signed him for 9 million total, so I don't think that was really overprice, he looks a good player to me, but I agree, Liverpool need a proven goalscorer, or I can't see them doing much. I think they have spent well on young, good players, like Borini, Allen, Sahin (loan) and Assaidi. It remains to be seen just how good these signings will be.

Huntelaar would be a cracking signing but as you say, probably just paper talk.

I think Borini's probably only worth about half of what they paid for him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a particularly bad player, quite the opposite in fact, but for an extra 2m they could have signed a proven EPL goalscorer. For what Borini does, he's good, but I just feel that 10m is a little overpriced for him. (I'd also argue Roma overspent)

Huntelaar would be a cracking signing but as you say, probably just paper talk.

I think Borini's probably only worth about half of what they paid for him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's a particularly bad player, quite the opposite in fact, but for an extra 2m they could have signed a proven EPL goalscorer. For what Borini does, he's good, but I just feel that 10m is a little overpriced for him. (I'd also argue Roma overspent)

I think Borinis price was Inflated because he's young and earned his first call up and a place in the Italy squad for the euros, I think if Borini scores 10-15 goals in the league then he will have been worth the outlay. Not sure if he can do that, missed a sitter against hearts and could have had a hat-trick, he gets himself in very good positions, but could be just like Suarez - poor finishing

Free, I think..

I remember when we were linked with him a few years ago.

Nah there was a fee involved.

Manchester City swooped to seal the signing of Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson with minutes to spare at the end of the January transfer window.

Johnson travelled to Manchester for talks on Monday afternoon after the two clubs agreed an undisclosed fee.

The 22-year-old passed a medical and signed a contract until June 2014.

No idea how much though, City were spending crazy amounts back then.

Fletcher will be a great signing, 22 goals in 40 odd games isn't a world beating record - but it's pretty impressive playing for a team like Wolves.

Liverpool should have signed Fletcher, a much smaller risk than buys like Carroll.

22 in 61 according to wiki. Still, better than 1 in 3 for a shite team is a fine return.

I think Sinclair proved himself to be a good player last year.

Just because he's not as coveted as other players on the continent doesn't mean he won't be effective. Calm in front of goal, reliable and probably alongside Walcott in terms of pace - the only thing is that Sinclair can actually cross a ball.

I think he's better than Walcott personally and I don't imagine anyone would complain if City had went for the Arsenal man.