Transfers

Aren't they getting Almeida too as part of the Cole deal, with Carroll and Maiga I think that's too many target men type strikers with only Vaz Te as a tricky mobile striker.

What's this about the Almeida & Cole deal mate? They must surley promised Carroll that he will be virtually 1st choice so must mean Cole could be off.

I still remember the Herald article where they described him as a poor man's Scott Brown :BELM:

I still think he could have done a job at City. He's better than Rodwell imo.

rodwell has done nothing imo, only signed him for the homegrown thing surely

I'm going to go against popular opinion here and say that I think Blackburn is the perfect move for Jordan Rhodes at this stage of his career.

He scored 40 odd goals in league 1 last season, but making the jump from League 1 to The Premiership is pretty big and he is only going to develop further if he is playing on a weekly basis. Would that have happened at say Fulham who have Petric and are about to add Berbatov to their team? I doubt it.

For all the hate that Steve Kean gets he does set his team up to play really attacking football, and they are going to be one of the favourites for the Championship this season and IMO that is only going to benefit an out and out striker like Rhodes is.

As far as his international career goes, I'm not buying in to all the Rhodes hype just yet. Every other season some Scottish forward comes through who looks like he will "lead the line" for years to come: McFadden, Boyd, Mackail-Smith, Goodwillie. Rhodes is just the next in line to that title and it will stay that way until he proves that he wasn't just a one season wonder.

I'm going to go against popular opinion here and say that I think Blackburn is the perfect move for Jordan Rhodes at this stage of his career.

He scored 40 odd goals in league 1 last season, but making the jump from League 1 to The Premiership is pretty big and he is only going to develop further if he is playing on a weekly basis. Would that have happened at say Fulham who have Petric and are about to add Berbatov to their team? I doubt it.

For all the hate that Steve Kean gets he does set his team up to play really attacking football, and they are going to be one of the favourites for the Championship this season and IMO that is only going to benefit an out and out striker like Rhodes is.

As far as his international career goes, I'm not buying in to all the Rhodes hype just yet. Every other season some Scottish forward comes through who looks like he will "lead the line" for years to come: McFadden, Boyd, Mackail-Smith, Goodwillie. Rhodes is just the next in line to that title and it will stay that way until he proves that he wasn't just a one season wonder.

:cgreen:

B7

Good post (tu)

Kean does get them playing with the ball on the deck. It'll be good for him to be playing with the likes of Murphy & Gomez who have played at a high level. Not to mention the majority of their squad has EPL experience.

Kean is a dick though.

Manchester City are aiming to complete the signing of Inter Milan defender Maicon and Benfica's Javi Garcia before the transfer deadline.

Brazil's Maicon, 31, is available for around £5m and boss Roberto Mancini wants him as cover for Pablo Zabaleta.

:anguish:

I know he's 31 but he's still better than Zabaleta