Transfers

Exactly. I'd say Alonso still has another 5 years in the tank at least. £8.5M is a steal, and he's a signing that would bring Liverpool back into Champions League qualification contention single handedly.

would be a great signing and him and gerrard sitting with erikson infront would be a great midfield three but they need to invest in the defence two centrebacks and a left back are needed imo

Exactly. I'd say Alonso still has another 5 years in the tank at least. £8.5M is a steal, and he's a signing that would bring Liverpool back into Champions League qualification contention single handedly.

He'd be a quality signing but I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

Don't think it's that much of an exaggeration. He said contention and they're not exactly miles away now.

They're about as far away as Everton if you go by the league table, and I doubt one quality signing would change their fortunes to much extent either.

I do think Rodgers is doing a good job but getting back in the top 4 will be difficult, especially if the likes of Suarez get restless.

They're about as far away as Everton if you go by the league table, and I doubt one quality signing would change their fortunes to much extent either.

I do think Rodgers is doing a good job but getting back in the top 4 will be difficult, especially if the likes of Suarez get restless.

They had a dreadful start to the season though and they've improved a lot. I reckon signing Alonso would make a huge difference to them.

I reckon signing one of the best passers in the world is easily enough to improve them by around 10 points. It depends on what the other teams do, but as the goal machine says, they're hardly a million miles away at the moment.

Do you think if Everton signed Alonso it would be the same improvement?

I just mean in the league table context, I know it's not as simple as that. There's an argument that Liveprool are underachieving.

It seems strange to me that Alonso would want to go back to Liverpool. Living in his home country, playing some of the best football of his career with one of the best teams in the world. Why would he want to go back to Liverpool where there's not even a guarantee of Champions League football?

Very odd.

Suarez

Downing Coutinho Sturridge

Alonso Gerrard

Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique

Reina

How anyone could argue that side wouldn't challenge for the top 4 is beyond me.

Tbf, it's only one player different from the team which is sitting 7th in the league just now.

I just reckon Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs would still finish ahead of them.