Transfers

Bargain of the season so far.

14 million Euros for someone who has been Spains best player at the Euros is fantastic business.

Alves and Alba will provide Barcelona with great width down the flanks next season.

I'd actually disagree. I think one of the main reasons Barcelona have done so well over the past few years is Abidal from a defensive point of view. It's all good having 8 players on the attack, but on the break, it could prove to be their downfall. It wouldn't surprise me to see Alves replaced with a more defensive right back.

Will be interesting to see how they set up.

Fulham have signed Mladen Petric on a free transfer.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I fucking love him, breathtaking when he's in full flow ... been hampered with injuries recently though. Hopefully he can shake them off and show what he can really do in the PL. Actually really excited to see him.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I fucking love him, breathtaking when he's in full flow ... been hampered with injuries recently though. Hopefully he can shake them off and show what he can really do in the PL. Actually really excited to see him.

11.25 :drool:

Bargain of the season so far.

14 million Euros for someone who has been Spains best player at the Euros is fantastic business.

Alves and Alba will provide Barcelona with great width down the flanks next season.

Certainly. Surprised Valencia don't want more

Looks like Yakubu won't be plying his trade in the EPL next season...

Yakubu makes China move

Nigerian striker agrees Guangzhou switch

By Edwin Chong.   Last Updated: June 29, 2012

Yakubu Aiyegbeni has agreed a switch to Chinese outfit Guangzhou Fuli, bringing to an end his time with Blackburn Rovers.

The 29-year-old striker becomes the latest high-profile figure to head for the Far East, following Didier Drogbaand Nicolas Anelka's arrival at Shanghai Shenhua.

Yakubu is looking forward to experiencing a different culture and footballing way of life after nine years in England with Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton,Leicester City (loan) and Blackburn.

"There were many clubs interested according to the media, but the only people who made direct contact have been Guangzhou R&F," he said.

"Many will ask why China? The truth is there is not much to prove after scoring almost a century of goals in the (Premier) league - considered as one of the best in the world.

Support

"I thank Blackburn Rovers, the fans, fellow players for making my one season there seem like a decade.

"I appreciate their support and I hope the club will come back again into the top-flight as soon as possible."

Yakubu had been looking to leave Blackburn following their relegation out of the Premier League last season and insists money played no part in his decision to head for China.

"Money cannot buy you happiness and what I have found from the people in China is love, happiness, sincerity and warmth and I can't wait to get started here," he said.

"They are starting an unbelievable football programme here and it's nice to be a part of it."

Interested to see him, remembered him as a decent player but not seen him play in a couple of years.

Yeah he was pretty good with Everton (i think) before he signed for Newcastle.

Been plagued by injuries & the form of Cabaye and Tiote never helped him :lol: