Transfers

Medel played for Sevilla against Manchester United on Friday night in Rio Ferdinand's testimonial game at Old Trafford.

He was then in attendance for Cardiff's home friendly against Athletic Bilbao on Saturday before his signing was announced, with reports in Spain suggesting the fee is in the region of €13million (£11.2m).

Quite a hefty fee,is he worth it?

Yeh he's certainly worth it, technically very good and good defensively.

Cardiff were in for Wanyama before him though and he's cost less! :anguish: A player of his quality has left a decent sized club to go to a promoted welsh club, just shows how money is dictating things between Spain and England now. At first it was only certain top players leaving, now all the lesser clubs are losing more and more of their better players and the other clubs in Spain can't compete with the likes of Cardiff, Southampton spending.

La Liga really needs to fix it's tv deal, yes talented younger players will come through like before, however they can't expect that to continue at the rate their losing the better players.

West Brom make bid to take Vydra on a season loan from Udinese, he's being gathering interest from a few clubs this summer.

Tbh i've never heard of the guy. Don't have much knowledge outside the likes of Valencia,Athletico Madrid,Madrid & Barca really.

England will continue to bridge the gap in terms of pulling power year in,year out unless something improves.

Vydra would be a great addition for WBA,should maybe put a 1st option clause in his loan contract if they can. Pretty sure Udinese were asking for around 8m though.

Sunderland making another signing. I think they're changing too much too quick imo.

Sky Sports sources understand Sunderland are close to signing Trabzonspor defender Ondrej Celustka on a season-long loan.

Celustka has emerged as a target for Sunderland boss Paolo Di Canio after the Premier League club pulled out of a deal for Gino Peruzzi after the Velez Sarsfield full-back failed a medical.

when will that be?? I hope Utd get rid of rooney and bring in Ronaldo but cant see it!

End of August I think..

Can't see United selling Rooney since it's only Chelsea and Arsenal that have shown an interest.

I should think the top clubs still have 1 or 2 deals to go through before it shuts though, might not be huge ones though.